[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Point and click general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 14

File: IMG_5387.jpg (81KB, 489x517px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5387.jpg
81KB, 489x517px
anyone here who likes point and click games?
Lets talk about them.
>>
I am playing Grim fandango right now and its amazing.
>>
File: scissormanchair.gif (544KB, 500x248px) Image search: [Google]
scissormanchair.gif
544KB, 500x248px
any other point and click game with a stalker?
>>
>>4160895
who /brokensword/ here?
fuckin love the atmosphere in the first games
>ywn live in nico's apartment
>>
File: paris_in_the_fall1.jpg (60KB, 350x224px) Image search: [Google]
paris_in_the_fall1.jpg
60KB, 350x224px
>>4161184
forgot pic
>>
>>4161184
I think Sleeping Dragon managed to translate most of that atmosphere. Visiting Nico's Apartment in 3D and being able to look at all her little trinkets from previous adventures was really awesome.

Angel of Death was a fucking travesty though, and Smoking Mirror was really underwhelming too, I think.
>>
Dead genre. It's a poorly adapted creature now that it's environment has changed around it.

>Be 10
>Playing Broken Sword
>Get stuck at a puzzle
>Try everything but nothing works
>Can't progress until I figure it out
>Could take a week or more
>Left thinking about the game between playing it
>Puzzle consumes your every waking moment til you solve it.

>Be today
>Playing Broken Sword
>Stuck on puzzle for give minutes
>Look it up on youtube
>Copy what the video did
>Finish it in a couple of hours

Sucks for the genre but it's just not very functional any more. I imagine they make very enjoyable long plays though.
>>
So I just played through Heroine's Quest and I thought it was super good and stuff. Can anybody recommend me more fantasy point-and-clicks with a similar style?
>>
>>4161316
The Quest for Glory series.
>>
>>4161329
Thanks, brah.
>>
File: 216152-blade_runner__2_.jpg (34KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
216152-blade_runner__2_.jpg
34KB, 500x375px
Anyone else play Blade Runner???
>>
Anyone remember an old and gritty point and click about witches?
>>
>>4161184
Loved BS1 when it came out, and it's still the GOAT.
When it wasn't compatible with the Windows OS I had in college, it led me to discover SCUMMVM, so BS also introduced me to all the amazing games on the SCUMMVM compatibility list that I binged through.
>>
>>4161406
Curse of Enchantia?
>>
>>4161378

Loved it. Left me with a mixed bag of feels : sadness, hope, crushing despair, etc.
>>
>>4161378
spent a lot of time on the balcony listening to the music
>>
File: mouth.jpg (57KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
mouth.jpg
57KB, 640x640px
>>4160895
Would be really enjoyable if it wasn't so glitchy
>>
>>4161316
quest for infamy is another modern one similar to that. Both of those are based off quest for glory or heroes quest is what it was called before they had to change the name
>>
>>4161504

Unfortunately not.

It had much worse graphics. Probably was german homebrew, but not sure.

I remember a medieval town and you were playing a woman walking past corpses hanging from trees etc.
>>
>>4160895

Played Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father last year and it was fantastic. One of the most atmospheric games I've ever played, with a great OST too.

Going to play Call of Cthulhu: Shadow of the Comet next
>>
I never see Toonstruck actually get talked about here, the most anyone says is how people do talk about it.

Is it possible that Toonstruck is THE MOST comfy point and click?
>>
>>4161285
you were stuck on that goat weren't you?
>>
File: maddog4[1].gif (15KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
maddog4[1].gif
15KB, 640x400px
does text parsers count?
Maddog Williams, I love this game. You should really check it out if you like games like Space Quest.
>>
File: maddog6[1].gif (21KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
maddog6[1].gif
21KB, 640x400px
>>4162019
it's also the game where this guy is from
>>
>>4161378
This and Rise of the Dragon which shamelessly ripped it off.
>>
>>4161853
Dat Tim Curry in the talkie

>>4161987
A bdsm cow was my limit. I threw my hands up and walked away from the screen.
>>
File: ABC.jpg (32KB, 600x406px) Image search: [Google]
ABC.jpg
32KB, 600x406px
>>4161853
I just played through Sins of the Fathers the other day. So fucking amazing in all regards - music, voice acting, graphics, writing, overall atmosphere... It had its flaws for sure but still, what an amazing game.

However I'm saddened that it's yet another adventure game I'm not going to experience for the first time ever again. Makes one really contemplate the meaning of life.

Just installed The Beast Within but I'm a bit sceptical whether it will be as good as the first game, being made at the height of the FMV craze and all.
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
29KB, 480x360px
Cheese please.
>>
>>4162979
wtf is this shit and why are you trying to push it?

delet this shit post
>>
>>4162000

My missus played the remake recently, whole thing is streamlined to the point of making the whole affair pointless.

She didn't even recall having grief in Ireland after playing.
>>
>>4162965

>Unironically playing FMV games.
>>
>>4163038
wow, I just thought that they redid the graphics and added some extra nico segments.
I was actually planing on playing the remakes
>>
who /kyrandia/ here?
>>
>>4163040
GK2 is great and so are the tex murphy games you shitty fag who got their opinions from youtube
>>
>>4163125
The added Nico sections are a bit lackluster in my opinion and art direction in the new segments differs from older ones and doesn't blend in that well. I guess they're ok but nothing special really.
>>
>>4163316

I'm not down enough with the kids to watch video game things on youtube.
>>
why must so many point and click games have those stupid mazes? They're not fun, and I'm angry at the game when I'm done with them.
>>
>>4163238
I played the second one many years ago. It was the one were you are a witch? I remember liking it, but I don't remember anything about it.

A friend of mine had the first one on amiga, but we never tried it.
>>
>>4163706
But you greentext and use the word 'unironically' like a homo
>>
>>4164180
Technically we're all homos. Homo-sapiens. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
Kings Quest VI is the best point n click adventure ever. Harvester is probably the craziest. Just absolutely bat shit insane. Fun fact: the main character in real life (it uses digitized actors) is currently in jail for pedophilia
>>
>>4164090
Yeah that's the second one. The first one is amzing. The Amiga version came on nine (9!) discs.
>>
File: 001-crossword-puzzle.gif (39KB, 670x820px) Image search: [Google]
001-crossword-puzzle.gif
39KB, 670x820px
>>4161285
Crossword puzzles have the answers printed right there at the bottom of the page, and yet people still enjoy trying to figure it out themselves.
>>
File: 427955479_o.jpg (196KB, 728x1024px) Image search: [Google]
427955479_o.jpg
196KB, 728x1024px
>>4160895
nothing, NOTHING will ever top my love for this game
>>
playing this atm. Kinda fun, love the cheesy acting, but hate that everything is timed.
>>
>>4161285
>Look it up on youtube

brainlet detected
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.