[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the WonderSwan worth getting? Which WonderSwan games do you play?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: wonderswan-spot05.jpg (173KB, 800x504px) Image search: [Google]
wonderswan-spot05.jpg
173KB, 800x504px
Is the WonderSwan worth getting? Which WonderSwan games do you play?
>>
>>4160606
Beatmania music sound was better then GBA
Sotsukyou play like 3DO version and black&white 8 tone look very beautiful.
>>
File: RetroArch-1116-074702.png (7KB, 224x144px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-1116-074702.png
7KB, 224x144px
Get Medarot Perfect edition. Higher resolutions sprites than the GBA version and has character portraits in dialogue.
>>
>>4160606
the Digimon games, especially the ones with Ryo Akiyama
>>
>>4160606
Depends on why you're thinking about it. They're dirt cheap here but for eBaybies they can be quite expensive. It has a small library and most of that is RPGs. Unless you're going to learn moon you won't have a lot to play. But most of what there is is really great. You also have to bear in mind the cost of games. Flash carts for this are pretty shit and some of the best games are silly expensive. Even common as fuck stuff like FF that you can find in flea markets for $1 here goes for 20x that on eBay.
>>
there are a few wonderswan games that got asian english versions released
digimon anode and cathode is one of these

digimon anode is japanese
digimon cathode is japanese
but the third version of the game that was released in asia called "anode and cathode" is in full english and has both games in one cartridge.
>>
>>4160716
forgot to mention that it is a wonderswan color game
>>
I don't know if you'd want to buy one but there are several games worth emulating
>>
>>4160710
>They're dirt cheap here
Where is "here"?
>>
probably grorious nippon
>>
>>4160606
Definiltey got to get that wonderswan for FF1 -- simply no other way to play that game
>>
>>4160606
>Is the WonderSwan worth getting?

Only if you're a weeb
>>
WonderBump.
>>
>>4160606
>Is the WonderSwan worth getting?
Depends, there's some decent enhanced ports of retrogames like FF1-2, though the PS version is much better, SaGa 1's definitive version is the WSC one, there's also a Romancing SaGa 1 enhanced port with bugfixes, some extra content and QoL fix like being able to dash.
Other than remakes there's a few okay exclusives for the system, like the SRW Compact trilogy, an Arc The Lad spinoff of the original PS trilogy and some really weird stuff like Wild Card.
Needless to say, you must know japanese to actually play any of those.
>>
>>4160734
Most of Asia that's not 3rd world. Japan in particular.
>>
Bought my wonderswan on ebay for like 16 bucks broken originally meant to use it for a horrid raspberry pi monstrosity since the one they showed in the picture was in just the most fucked up condition.

Whenit came in the mail it was in great shape and worked fine so I ended up just ordering a couple SRW games.
>>
Wizardry has an auto map feature and an English switch.
Gunpey is a fun puzzle game.
The baseball games are pretty good.
Fever Senkyo is a decent pachinko sim

I had fun with mine.
>>
Serious question.

Are there any 18+ games/eroge on yhe wonderswan like the Neo Geo Pocket Color?

If so I am absolutely getting a wonderswan.

Although, the system will definetely be expensive as fuck. I definitely want a crystal, and the wonder witch to go with it so I can play Cardinal Sins and such, but that's already almost a $500 package, even living in Japan.
>>
>>4160606
Does the screen really look that bright and crisp? I doubt it, but I'd like to see how it really looks.
>>
>>4163394
Other pictures look just as good, but the console itself is tiny (more than you expect).
>>
I remember really loving Dicing Knight, but that was before the whole "roguelite" thing started to catch on. It's probably a little barebones compared to today's roguelites.
>>
>>4163060
What are the 18+ games on Neo Geo Pocket?
>>
>>4164053
Super Real Mahjong. I don't know of any others.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.