[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Racoon City Police Station 2F West Corridor.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 13

File: latest[1].jpg (93KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
93KB, 640x480px
It looks like shit. Dirty, walls, dirty floors. Cleaning equipment all over. It's dark. Ugly dark green/grey color scheme. Thing is, this is the ONLY section of the police station that looks abandoned. The rest looks quite nice, even Baroque. Even in the next room, the STARS office, it looks great.

http://residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/2F_west_corridor
>>
>>4160492
COMFY
>>
File: 1500949741404.jpg (33KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1500949741404.jpg
33KB, 640x360px
>>4160286
Nice thread opie
>>
>>4160286
Well, the streets also look murky and dark. Especially those backalleys next to the baskeball court. This game still has wonderfull pre-rendered backgrounds.
>>
>>4160286
Exactly. The problem with RE2 is that at the same time it wants to be its own thing, but also wants to be a copy paste of RE1. This results in a dichotomy in style, theme, pretty much everything... The game doesn't really know what it wants to be.
>>
>>4160691
Same thing happens with a lot of sequels. In this case, it's Resident Evil but bigger. Don't forget that the game has a scenario mechanic which was fucking great and new at the time. Maybe RE1 has a more balanced gameplay and difficulty, but I prefer 2, it's more unconventional to wander through the police station instead of a spooky mansion, which by the way has a legendary status. Also, the streets of Raccoon City were visually powerful and the story was more serious and somewhat decent.
>>
>>4160921
>In this case, it's Resident Evil but bigger.

If you don't count the extra like Battle Mode, Hunk, Hard mode, etc RE2 isn't longer than 1. It's just laid out in a way to pretend there is more content, but having the replay replay the same shit 4 times even though every scenario is 90-95% the same.

>Don't forget that the game has a scenario mechanic which was fucking great and new at the time

RE2's scenario system is a bad version of RE1's. In RE1, you get different cutscenes, different things happening, different endings, based on your actions and choices. There are more different things that can happen in 1 despite 'only' having 2 scenarios.

In RE2 they took ALL that out even though RE1 did it in a new and influencial way, and replaced it by 4 static scenarios which all play 90% the same, in which everything is pre determined and the player's actions don't matter. it's BS and there is a reason why I can't name a single other game with that system, and everyone goes the RE1 way instead, including RE3.

The "B scenarios" shouldn't exist, and instead, the differences between "A" and "B" should trigger depending on the player's actions. That's how it should have been.
>>
>>4160286
It used to be a mansion. So it fits to me.
>>
>>4161258
Wrong, it used to be a art museum
>>
>>4160286
Every building always has that one room or corridor
>>
>>4160921
2 is considered the better game because it is much more visually appealing. 1 is very samey and very bland with not much of a story.

2 pushes the story to the front and tells a cheesey but suitably enjoyable B movie story. Instead of random McHugefucker animals as bosses you have a constant slow build up of Berkin. This creates a better narrative than "oh shit a giant plant".

The police station is also a much more interesting setting than the mansion and that's before you get into the city it's self or encounter lickers. RE1 really suffers in enemy designs because it's basically zombies with the odd dog then hunters and a few spiders. RE2 introduces the lickers which add a fast dangerous foe right out the gates. Zombie variety also helped make some areas stand out more.

Basically RE2 pushed everything RE1 did to the cinematic level. Which was at the time the most important thing for marketing.
>>
>>4160286
Nobody goes up to the STARS office really, only the stars members. They don't even take suspects up there. No reason to keep it all that maintained.

Also the chief was getting kickbacks for covering for umbrella so that might've had something to do with it.
>>
>>4163053
What's 3 considered?
>>
>>4164379
The pinnacle of not only the series but out the survival horror genre.
>>
>>4164379
A gaiden story. Code Veronica is the true sequel.
>>
>>4160286
I started playing RE2 for the first time last week. I played and completed Leon A. Are the other campaigns any better?
>>
>>4160497
>that one cup that's spinning the wrong way as it rolls
>>
>>4167209
What didn't you enjoy about it?
>>
>webms
>all those subtle movements

RE0 is really underrated.
>>
>>4160519
>those bottles moving in unison
>broken bottles on the floor
>no liquid
>ice on the floor
>no liquid
>>
>>4160508
>spastic chair movement
>more spastic movement on the bottom right
hmm...
>>
>>4160490
>>4160492
>>4160497
>>4160506
>>4160508
>>4160513
>>4160514
>>4160519
What the FUCK is all this milquetoast ass non-retro spamming?
>>
>>4168083
Better question, how did these animations pass QA? Devs are so lazy nowadays.
>>
>>4168083

Dunno, but I never played 0 and now I kinda want to. I have the PcCrelease but not a good enough GPU to run it
>>
>>4168065
>those bottles moving in unison
they obviously move to the movement of the train.

>no liquid
probably got absorbed by the wooden floor.
>>
>>4168105
No. Just stop. It's fucking laziness, anon. Even the wine glass moves in unison.
>>
>>4167209
The story doesn't change that much with Claire.
>>
>>4168035
i wasn't implying that I didn't enjoy it. I DID enjoy it, although tbhqh it didn't blow me away like REmake and RE4. I was just curious to know if by playing Leon A, I've seen the best that RE2 has to offer
>>
>>4169223
Expect that Claire's A story is canon. Keep in mind in this only scenario where sherry is infected with g virus.
>>
>>4168113
Have you ever ridden an older train, anon? They move with rocking movements.
>>
>>4170478
The plot is so fucked in Resident Evil who the fuck even cares anway.
>>
>>4170506
You're retarded, mate. Half those bottles are static while the rest move in unison. That's called laziness. Just stop.
>>
>>4170532
Why is it fucked? The first two games make perfect sense. Arguably three does too even though it's more "Hollywood" than the others. RE4 is pretty much its own self contained story so whatever. It's only from 5 onward that shit goes off the rails and becomes retarded.
>>
>>4170807
RE's story started going off the rails with CV.

1, 2 and 3 were very tight. With CV Capcom went anything goes and lost the plot, little by little.

Resurrecting Wesker was the moment it jumped the shark to me.
>>
>>4170813
I 100% agree, I forgot about CV because I just pretend it doesn't exist. I should have said 1-4 were fine but all spinoffs and 5 onwards were dumb. I don't know if it's true that CV was originally going to be called RE3 or not, but I'm glad it wasn't.
>>
>>4170851
Yea, I would definitely put 4 together with 1-3, Shinji Mikami did a real good job there.

3 might be a side-story but the team that worked on it cared about continuity and it shows. It gels perfectly with 1 and 2. No random crap out of left field on the level of CV.
>>
File: 2dd.jpg (15KB, 300x300px)
2dd.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>>4160613
>>
File: 081401.jpg (156KB, 543x750px) Image search: [Google]
081401.jpg
156KB, 543x750px
>>4166703
>A gaiden story. Code Veronica is the true sequel.

That's fucking retarded. 3 is the one that put the final cap on the whole Raccoon city story and puts a lid on the franchise.

All Code V did was turn the series into a retarded action movie comic book story and turned Umbrella into a faceless Frankenstein destroyed by their own creation and hubris into fucking Cobra. And bringing back Wesker was one of the worst moves the series made
>>
File: RECV.png (2MB, 1026x771px) Image search: [Google]
RECV.png
2MB, 1026x771px
For once and for all : CV was NEVER supposed to be RE3. The very first time it was even MENTIONNED, was in jap magazines in september 1998, and then at TGS one month later. In both cases it was already called "Biohazard: Code Veronica", the Code Veronica name as is, and no numbers.

RECV could NEVER have been called RE3 because of Capcom's contract to have all the main titles in the series on Sony's consoles.

The confusion probably comes from two things:
- both games being developped at the same time
- magazine and their covers tend to say "EXCLUSIVE IMAGES OF " "RESIDENT EVIL 3", or "DUKE NUKEM 4", or "SILENT HILL 5" because it sounds better on the cover.
>>
I used to think RE2 was objectively superior to RE1, until I stoped and realized that I played RE1 much more.

Why? its more comfy, atmospheric and enternaining.
I even finished RE3 many times more than RE2 (something like 12 times on my ps1 memory card). It just has better replayability with the unlockables, the events and the progression...
>>
>>4174140
>implying RE5 Wesker wasn't worth it
>>
>>4174140
>That's fucking retarded
But that's canon
Noboy cares if you don't like it
>>
>>4174140
Capcom had a deal with Sony that all numbered RE's would be on the playstation.

For whatever reason they decided to put CV on the Dreamcast, so it couldn't be 3.
>>
>>4174297
You find a scan on internet toddler?
Guess what, back then EVERYONE know CV was the true RE3, it was so fucking clear, in 2000
Capcom simply can't use the number 3, because was a Sony exclusive
>>
>>4174297
>facts
>two firsts time CV was ever mentionned, back in mid 1998, first time anyone knows about it, first time it's announced and it's called RE:CV

>>4174387
>rumors
>"everyone knows"
>no facts
>>
>>4174390
>>rumors
>>"everyone knows"
>>no facts
it's not my wault you wasn't alive back then

THEY' CAN'T USE THE NUMBER 3 FOR CV, WHAT'S SO DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND
>>
>>4174393
So, by your logic, they can't use the number 3 for CV and therefore it becomes the real 3?

Very logical indeed.

If they had wanted, they'd have made CV for PS2 instead and COULD thefore have called it RE3. But guess what? Even in the CV would have been made for PS2, RE3 was STILL in development at the same time, and still would have come out before with that title.
>>
>>4174404
>If they had wanted, they'd have made CV for PS2
yeah, too bad PS2 wasn't out when CV was announced
Told you toddler
>>
>>4174407
Except RE3 was first announced for PS2, and then that changed back for PS1. All before either CV or RE3 came out.

Meanings plans changed, meaning they COULD have called RE3 "Resident Evil: Nemesis / The Last Escape", and COULD have called CV "Resident Evil 3" and put it on PS2.

The facts are: that didn't happen, and was never even hinted at. Nemesis is RE3 and Code Veronica was officially a spin-off because of Capcom's contracts to have all the main titles on Sony's consoles.
>>
>>4174324
>edgy Neo ripoff

No, he wasn't.
>>
>>4160286
I guess they only made the hall like that, is so they can make it look creepy.
>>
>>4174382
>this thing that didn't really happen is more true than this other thing than also never happened!

Arguing over canon is the stupidest thing fans can do. So what if Anon wants to ignore CV? If that makes the series more enjoyable for him then let him do it. IMO RE ended at 3 and the trilogy formed a perfect arc that told a story that covered all its bases and concluded satisfactorily. There was no need to revive it from the dead and milk its corpse for all its worth, but Capcom being a business had to keep the profits coming. Yet another reason why video games can never be art and are the worst medium for story telling. It's all about the money and zero to do with the creativity or storytelling. Just poop out whatever excuse for a plot you can to keep the games coming.
>>
What's wrong with Code Veronica?
>>
>>4175182
>little nu-pleb needs to be told what to think
>>
>>4175182
>People didn't like the change to 3D environments at the time.
>It was the same formula as RE1-3 and Dino Crisis 1.
>It has a point where you could potentially have to restart de game because you don't have a key item.
>It has a point where you could potentially have to restart de game because you can't kill a boss.
So play with a walkthrough-
>>
>>4175220
Might as well just watch a Let's Play if you're going to follow a guide the whole game.
>>
>>4175229
With a guide is easier to go back and forth and a lot of Let's Play don't know what are they doing.
>>
File: The Real RE4.webm (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
The Real RE4.webm
3MB, 480x360px
>>4170807
I consider all sequels starting with 4 as spin-offs.
IMO 1 - 3 are the "official" games (maybe even CV to some extent), while 4 - 6 are in some weird way just a continuation of the Gun Survivor/Dead Aim games, but this time as 3rd-person action shooters instead of that on the rails garbage. Oh and I pretty much stopped playing any new RE sequels after 4. 4 wasn't a bad game, it just wasn't Resident Evil anymore.

But I really would've liked to play the cancelled original RE4, that some are calling RE3.5. I consider this the real RE4 instead of what we got and what got even worse with 5 and 6.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7gk569uaYE

I know that there's a fan project... but nah...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTI_nv-W8To
>>
>>4175182

Nothing really, it's just the weakest of the OG Resi games.
>>
>>4175268
Wasn't DMC suposed to be a RE game too?
>>
>>4175335
It was considered by Mikami to be too action oriented to be RE4 so it became its own IP.
>>
>>4160286
this is the only hallway that sticks out to me.
it's probably the mot interesting hallway in the game.
those handcuffs hanging off a pipe right next to the bench makes me wonder what happened.
>>
File: robart.png (232KB, 275x370px) Image search: [Google]
robart.png
232KB, 275x370px
>>4176248
honestly i like that most of the rooms have a look like something happened and you just missed it.
a lot of games don't even bother with backgrounds anymore.
>>
>>4174324

RE5 wasn't worth the plastic and silicon the disc was printed on and your retarded GLOBAL SATURATION meme is worth even less.
>>
>>4174324

RE5 Wesker was kinda dumb though.
>>
>>4175220
A key item that you can miss in CV? What item?
>>
>>4176625
You can left the fire extinguixer inside a metal detector.

>>4176259
Since Bioshock came out, designers and artist are talking enviromental storytelling like something new.
>>
>>4174404
>>4174393

The creators even call CV the real sequel to 2 and 3 is a spin off.

lrn2wikipedia
>>
>>4176835
You mean the creator of CV shilling his own stuff? How surprising. Also coming from the creators who turned the series into "villains want to conquer the world", matrix wannabee bullshit, returning characters which personality make them completely different, gay characters like Steve and the villain, and that's far from half of what's bad about CV....
Yeah, I'm going to care what he thinks about his game.

The "creator" thing is something that can be applied to movies, for instance NOBODY in their right mind would dare consider From Dusk Till Dawn 2 when talking about the first one... But applied to video games, it doesn't really work. If we were to apply the "creator logic", the only REAL RE games are 1, REmake and 4.
Because they're the only ones made by Mikaki and because, no, "executive producer" doesn't mean jackshit.
>>
>>4176849
Sooo...you even agree that code veronica was the real 3? It seems like it.
>>
>>4176849
RE4 sucks. Code Veronica is way better than RE4 because at least the zombies weren't attacking you with weapons on CV.
>>
>>4176835
>real sequel to 2
>has barely anything to do with it

Yeah going to fight some tranny on an island jail and then taking a jet to Antarctica is the logical follow-up to Leon fighting Birkin, surely not RE3 which takes place in the same place at the same time and sees the Raccoon City saga through to its end.
>>
>>4176849
>the only REAL RE games are 1, REmake and 4.
>Because they're the only ones made by Mikaki and because, no, "executive producer" doesn't mean jackshit.
RE2 & RE3's producer was Mikami too
>>
>>4176820
Extinguisher will let you get the magnum, which is not mandatory to beat the game.
>>
>>4176248
>>4176259
I feel ya bros.
>>
test
>>
>>4177015
>Yeah going to fight some tranny on an island jail and then taking a jet to Antarctica is the logical follow-up to Leon fighting Birkin

What were they thinking
>>
>>4177428
What did Mikami think of RE2 and RE3
>>
>>4179034
>Resident Evil need to be stuck forever with the same setting
Nice logic bub
>>
>>4177015
>>4179034
Retard, RECV may have sucked balls but that's what a SEQUEL does, RE3 has side story written all over it in comparison

hell, even without comparing it

thanks god Summer's almost over and youll soon kys
>>
>>4179295
Sequels suck balls? That's true, they usually do, but it's certainly not mandatory.
>>
>>4174140
>WOAH WHAT'S GOING ON
Oh little fishy, come see my hook
>*autistic crossdresser laughing*
>*autistic mad scientist laughing*
>I NEED THOSE, give them to meeee
>I AM ALFRED ASHFORD
>Since you're one of my best men, I'll let you handle this
It was worth it
>>
>>4170532
How?
>Resident Evil 1
>Incompotent police officers hide in a mansion after their pilot gets scared by one dog and their team member is killed by said dog. They discover their Bravo Team were so shit only the 12 year old girl survived, and Albert Wesker worked for the evil company all along, until he got stabbed and blew up their mansion. Chris Redfield, Jill Valentine, Barry Burton, Rebecca Chambers and Brad Vickers escape.
>Resident Evil 2
>Leon got drunk and was late for work and Claire needs money from her brother, so both get to Raccoon City at around 4am, where the two meet up, get hit by a truck and separated. Both go to the police station where Claire runs into Sherry, daughter of one of Umbrella's top scientists who has a lab underneath Raccoon City where he made the G-virus, got shot up, ate the G-virus then accidentally released the T-Virus by stepping on vials. Sherry later gets molested by her dad, but Claire finds a cure. Leon meanwhile, gets cucked by an Asian spy and almost killed 50 times. He later has a sweet one liner at the end of the game
>Resident Evil 3
>Jill's house explodes, so she runs around an infected Raccoon City looking for a way out, meets a guy named Carlos, almost gets raped by a guy named Nicholai, and gets chased down by a monster named Nemesis. Nicholai escapes on a helicopter to report back to Umbrella, Nemesis gets rail gun'd buy Jill, and Jill and Carlos get rescued by Barry Burton, just before Raccoon City gets nuked
>Resident Evil 4D Executer
>A bunch of Umbrella Mercs go to grabs some stuff in Raccoon City, get attacked, 2 escape, but one of them is the monster pretending to be one of the mercs
>Resident Evil Survivor
>Leon's best bud Ark Thomphson investigates an Umbrella owned island, gets amnesia, saves some kids, and thinks he's the main villain of House of the Dead
>Resident Evil Gaiden
>Barry and Leon go on an adventure to save a little girl. Leon dies and gets replaced by a shape shifter
>>
>>4180136
Kek
>>
>>4175268
i always felt that despite moving more towards an action route they did always try to go back to their horror roots...

>RE5 has a whole horror based DLC
>the revelation games were meant to be more like a classic RE game but with modern controls & mechanics
>leon & ada's campaigns in RE6 were also supposed to be horror focused

...and all this came to a head with RE7 which from what i heard supposedly didn't sell well unfortunately.
>>
>>4180451
REVII sold enough to bring back money, but was the weakest of the main series.
It was also pretty shit, it's whole gameplay style being done for a gimmick, and the game was obviously held back because of it, being only 3 hours tops on repeat playthroughs, shorter if it didn't have unskippable cutscenes and walking segments
>>
>>4180456
my main problems with it were eveline ruins the story and the molden needed more enemy variety especially if you're going to have the final act be more action focused.

but otherwise it was it did well enough for going back to their horror roots since everyone forgets revelations 1 & 2 existed when they whine about the series being too action focused.

>REVII sold enough to bring back money
from what i heard it sold worse than RE6
>>
>>4175350
dmc was considered to be part of RE? Even the consideration makes me sick. Some people in the game industry are so stupid, I dont even have words for it. Thought it's not suprising as RE2 laid the foundation for the RE Movies and RE6... RE2 was eyecandy, but it was a bad horror game.
>>
>>4180515
>dmc was considered to be part of RE?
No, more like dmc was based off a rejected script for Resident Evil 4.
>>
>>4180451
>the revelation games were meant to be more like a classic RE game but with modern controls & mechanics
Until it's pre-rendered backgrounds & fixed camera angles then it's Resident Evil not some shitty excuse of "going" back to the days of old
>>
>>4180472
VII was a budget title, and it shows. It made a profit because it wasn't as expensive as 5 or 6
>>
>>4180451
>>the revelation games were meant to be more like a classic RE game but with modern controls & mechanics

I only played 1 but it was more just an updated RE4 than anything like 1-3. The ship was very small in terms of map size and you didn't even get to really free roam it, just follow the corridors to the mission marker and maybe do some light backtracking later on when they have you revisit an old area. Plus all those one-time use flashback sets. I liked the game a lot but people need to stop advertising it as anything like RE1 because it's not.
>>
>>4181448
REv1 is honestly shit, but REv2 is better. Probably the best of the post-2004 games, given how its story is now coherent, the characters are likable, it's somewhat spooky, but it has action gameplay and She-Wesker
>>
>>4181495
>She-Wesker

I don't know anything about it but that alone is enough to turn me off it.
>>
File: sa_14269715392015_3_21_14_51_31.png (252KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
sa_14269715392015_3_21_14_51_31.png
252KB, 650x366px
>>4181523
In Resident Evil 5 Lost in Nightmares (the good part), it is explained that Albert Wesker was a test tube baby created in Project W, which produced many different Wesker children, majority dying after being injected with the Progenitor Virus, the only survivors being Albert and Alex Wesker. While Albert became one with the virus, leading to Neo Wesker in CV and 5, Alex only survived with no super powers.
The surviving Wesker children were then supposed to find Ozwald E Spencer to help him become a God, but Wesker finds him, kills him and steals his plan to become God leading to RE5 and the Uroborus infection.
Alex Wesker meanwhile wants to become immortal, and this plan involves kidnapping Terrasave members, injecting them with a virus that responds to fear and dropping them on an island filled with people who got scared and mutated. Also, her immortality plan hinges on a little psychic girl, it's easier to understand in game.
>>
>>4174323
2 will always be in my top 3 games of all time.

I was in 6th grade and saved up all summer to afford a PS1 after reading about it in like issue #03 of PSM.
When I finally could afford it and the game I didnt know about memory cards and having to get one to save.

I learned to beat it without dying or saving. My first completed run was like some 7 hours long with Claire A. Then I had to get a memory card to do the other scenarios. I mastered that game that Summer. A B Hunk Tofu.

Me and a friend even wasted so much time trying to unlock Akuma cause of a rumor about how it was him that broke out of the pod in the lab.

RE1 felt like a step back (obviously because it was first) and RE3 felt off and I hated Carlos. I love all 3 but 2 is my favorite.

Off topic Gallerians is a really underrated RE / Survival Horror ps1 game from the same time. I hate Silent Hill.
>>
>>4175182
>>4175220
>>4175269
the answer is Steve
>>
>>4181542
This sounds beyond retarded.

RE was better when it was just a company making mutants to sell as weapons.
>>
>>4181693
>and I hated Carlos
What's wrong with the Brazilian?
>>
>>4180764
i never got why REfags are so insecure about updates?
>>
Why did Capcom just totally half-ass Umbrella's decline and we never had a game where there was a final showdown? (No, I do not count Umbrella Chronicles)
>>
>>4182103
We would've had one if Mikami didn't throw out the RE4 Hookamn version in favour of another fucking action game to add to the pile
>>
>>4182072
It's the fact RE was something great then Capcom changed it beyond recognition into a fucking "bro" 3rd person shooter, which tears away at you, asking the question why would you fucking ruin a promising franchise
>>
>>4182115
that honestly looked like it was going to be shit
>>
>>4182131
i can understand getting triggered at the genre shift since it alienates the old fans who did like it as a survival horror.

but getting butthurt over backgrounds, perspectives & control scheme is just nostalgia talking.
>>
>>4181523
Kek precisely what went through my mind
>>
File: maxresdefault (4).jpg (227KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (4).jpg
227KB, 1920x1080px
>>4182340
The backgrounds were quintessential in building the games atmosphere
>pic related
I mean just fucking look at it compared to the shit now
>>
>>4166689
>>4166703
>>4174140
RE3 was just an unnecessary sidequel that only exists to milk out a third PS1 game using recycled assets from RE2 as quickly as possible.

I'm not a fan of RECV either, but it pushes the story a bit further than RE3.

>>4174393
>>4174387
Not him, but I remember Code: Veronica being announced on Gamespot way back in late 1998 (around the same time the Dreamcast launched in Japan). It was never publicly called RE3 at any point. The fact that it wasn't fully developed in-house by Capcom probably had something to do with it.

>>4176835
>lrn2wikipedia
You mean lrn2citation. Wikipedia has lots of unverified bullshit that people take as fact.
>>
>>4182131
>promising franchise

Promising? By the time RE4 came out they'd made, what, 4 or 5 pre-rendered Resident Evil games? What promise was still waiting to be fulfilled there? What would have had them do instead of going 3D?
>>
>>4183186
RE in the original days had only been alive for 4 years, RE1 in 1996, RE2 in 1998 & RE3 in 1999.
Also those 3 games were the only games in the series with pre-rendered backgrounds (not including REMake or Zero) so they was still plenty of creation
>>
>>4183202
>still plenty of creation

Of what?
>>
>>4183212
You know what he meant, jerk
>>
>>4183251
No, I really don't, I wanna hear his vision of what the series should've been. They made like 5 prerendered RE games with basically identical gameplay in like 6 years, plus the same thing in 3D with CV, plus the same thing in multiplayer with Outbreak. It was a stagnated series prior to 4.

I'd really like to know what else they were supposed to have done with it, especially if they're supposed to have kept it prerendered. Not even CV-style 3D is acceptable?
>>
>>4183202
>Also those 3 games were the only games in the series with pre-rendered backgrounds (not including REMake or Zero) so they was still plenty of creation
>not including REMake or Zero
Yes, let's conveniently ignore the last two RE games that pushed the use of pre-rendered backgrounds to their limits.

Pre-rendered backgrounds are limited by their very nature since they're just JPEGs and MPEGs standing in for an actual environment. They worked back in the PS1 era since 3D graphics were still pretty primitive back then, but it was only a matter of time before rendering technology would've caught up with them.
>>
>>4182131
>ruin a promising franchise
WTF are you talking about?
By the time of RE4 beta:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_5kwX0LZAc
the series was already "tired and old"

We have SIX classic RE before the change
>>
>>4183129
>I mean just fucking look at it compared to the shit now
Are you kidding? We have more detailed background in full 3D even in the 6th generation era
>>
>>4181693
>Gallerians is a really underrated RE / Survival Horror ps1 game
I remember being pretty popular at the time. Tried to go back in 2015 and it's not as good as RE.
I don't like Silent Hill either.

>>4181717
It all worked in the end for him. =)
>>
>>4183292
I don't know if there are the 3D graphics or the art direction, but CV backgrounds look less detailed and had less charm. SH1 is a good example of greatly detailed 3D.
>>
>>4184287
>SH1 is a good example of greatly detailed 3D
Fog, fog everywhere.
>>
>>4184506
Because the game was highly detailed for the time and fog was used to mask draw distance limitations
>>
>>4184506
The fog makes it more creepier.
>>
File: silent hill.jpg (142KB, 1152x340px) Image search: [Google]
silent hill.jpg
142KB, 1152x340px
>>4184561
It was a joke.
>>
>>4184594
>It was a joke.
Don't quit your day job.
>>
>>4184603
>Don't quit your day job
I'm a writer. So that makes me funny?
>>
>>4184641
JK Rowling was a writer and certainly wasn't funny
>>
>>4182115
pile of what? re4 was the first action re
>>
>>4185184
All RE games are action games.
>>
>>4185306
That's such an oddly specific insult to hurl at someone.
>>
>>4185184
I meant to the endless pile of action games, the NES-N64 era were filled with them
>>
>>4182115
>We would've had one if Mikami didn't throw out the RE4 Hookamn version

Explain
>>
>>4185574
I remember the original story for 4 was that Leon was sent in to investigate one of the Umbrella founder's castle, which implies Umbrella is still somewhat strong and not completely dead
>>
>>4160286
Indeed
>>
>>4183292
I do like the way people were saying back when the first RE film came out that it had ruined the series ignoring how run into the ground the franchise already was by then
>>
>>4185574
This:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_5kwX0LZAc
>>
>>4187386
I was 14 and loved the movie. I saw it as a different medium.
Thread posts: 135
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.