/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Original Super Mario Bros

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (23KB, 220x193px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
23KB, 220x193px
I picked up the original SMB via the game boy advance classic NES series to play on my gamecube GBA player... It won't let me pick up koopa shells... Am I losing my mind or can you not pickup shells in Mario bros 1 (1985)?
>>
Only when they're upside down
>>
>>4160059
You cannot pick up shells in SMB1.

>>4160065
This is incorrect.
>>
IIRC that was only introduced in 2.
>>
File: 980x.gif (710KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
980x.gif
710KB, 480x360px
>>4160072

Koopa shells were an item in smb2

It was introduced in smb3.
>>
>>4160059
Mario Deluxe lets you go backwards as well.
Pussy mode if you ask me.
Going backwards is noncommittal and indecisive.
Shameful
>>
>>4160065
>>4160072
>>4160070
Thanks everyone. I must be losing my mind. I SWEAR I can remember picking up and holding a shell as I jump on the level ending flagpoles just to be fancy back in the original NES days. Weird.

Just a heads up, this port looks crappy on the GBA player, squashed and a lot of tearing/flicker. The Mario advance games all look awesome however (except for smw's washed out colors)
>>
>>4160078
I started to get that version, but it looks zoomed in. Probably should've gotten it anyway.
>>
>>4160079

Try All-Stars too. Those versions are really good. SMB1 in it has a small bug where the block physics are different but that really is just relevant if you want to speedrun the game.
its SMB3 is the definitive version of that game in my opinion.
>>
>>4160079
>I SWEAR I can remember picking up and holding a shell as I jump on the level ending flagpoles just to be fancy back in the original NES days.
You gotta be thinking of 3. You can hold a shell when you hit the end of level thingy in that game, I think it turns into a coin.
>>
>>4160363
Any enemy or carryable item will change to coin if on screen when you hit the slot machine box to finish. iirc you can even get a 1up this way in a specific level, like you can hopping from one creature to the next without hitting ground anywhere else
>>
>>4160065

Kek
>>
>>4160363
>>4160409
Yeah, must be thinking of 3, thanks
>>
>>4160075
bikini kill and sonic youth both suck
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.