[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw 2D Metal Gears are better than 3D Metal Gears

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9

File: metalgear2.jpg (27KB, 312x421px) Image search: [Google]
metalgear2.jpg
27KB, 312x421px
>tfw 2D Metal Gears are better than 3D Metal Gears
>>
>>4160009
you olny say that because nobody really remembers the 2D games
>>
MGS is essentially a 2.5D remake of MG:SS and it's the best one, so
>>
Dunno, but Snake's Revenge has the best track in the series. This should be Snake's Theme.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYKjNOcjDXY
>>
>>4160139

I remember
>>
File: 1483742726560.jpg (456KB, 1000x695px) Image search: [Google]
1483742726560.jpg
456KB, 1000x695px
>>4160009
>>
>>4160140
this, MGS was much better designed
>>
File: 1341443106662.jpg (49KB, 340x422px) Image search: [Google]
1341443106662.jpg
49KB, 340x422px
>>4160009
All the Metal Gear games are of mixed quality across the damn board.
>>
>>4161742
more casualised and hollywood-esque, you mean
>>
>>4161752
and dont forget they added in a whole lot of fun
>>
>>4161752
>casualised
You joking? Even normal mode MGS is harder, and Hard mode is on a whole another level. MGSS bosses are piss easy
>>
>>4160140
....so....? go on?
>>
File: metalgearghostbabel.png (6KB, 480x432px) Image search: [Google]
metalgearghostbabel.png
6KB, 480x432px
Am I the only one who thinks Ghost Babel is the better than the MSX/NES entries?
>>
>>4161770
better than nes? yes.
>>
>>4160009
The first Metal Gear game was tedious garbage. MG2:SS was great though.
>>
File: solid-snack.jpg (126KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
solid-snack.jpg
126KB, 375x375px
God Tier:
Metal Gear 2 - Solid Snake

High Tier:
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 3

Mid Tier:
MSX Metal Gear
Metal Gear: Ghost Babel
Metal Gear Solid 2

Low Tier:
Peace Walker
Snake's Revenge
NES Metal Gear

Shit Tier:
Metal Gear Solid 4

Beyond Shit Tier:
Metal Gear Solid V
>>
>>4161767
OP is wrong.
>>
>>4160201
oh you 'member?

cuz I dont, neither does everyone else
>>
>>4160009
>tfw for the longest time thought snake's revenge was canon
>had no idea what a lot of colonel meant when he was talkint about Zanzibarland and stuff
>>
>>4161821
Why is MSX Metal Gear lower ranked?
>>
>>4161821
You missed BE Missions you pleb.
>>
I probably made a mistake playing MG and MG2:SS back to back.
I thought MG was amazing, but some way into MG2 I got really burnt out of backtracking and replaying tough sections and skipped to MGS.
I'll have to revisit one day, because since then everyone talks about 2 being the best.
>>
File: 1421336310065s.jpg (6KB, 250x197px) Image search: [Google]
1421336310065s.jpg
6KB, 250x197px
Have some of yall not played MGS 3...?

Aka the 2nd best in the series next to MGS 4?
>>
>>4162302
>MGS3/4
>good
kek
>>
>>4161821

What about Cell Phone Metal Gear lol?

Thats how i played the ogmetal gear back when the Lg Chocolate was a thing...It was incredibly hard
>>
>>4162307

Well maybe not MGS 4, but MGS3 was the perfect length, didn't have hour long cut scenes, good fights, pretty good enemy enemy AI, it was amazing my nigga
>>
>>4162264
Seriously? I played them back to back and hated MG but loved MG2
>>
>>4162327
They made u too OP tho
I can play thru extreme (not euro extreme) just shooting people and not being stealthy at all
>>
>>4162335

I've never tried extreme to be honest.

What i usually do is not kill anybody up until the ghost river level, and then i'll just go all out with the shotgun. Especially on that mountain part haha

My fav boss battle is Volgin
>>
>>4161752
>casual

Try surviving the torture without rapid fire pleb
>>
>>4162385
You mean the part of the game that could cause injury to my hands? No thanks.
>>
>>4162028
>he didn't read the "Previous Missions" info
>>
>>4162335
Ive heard it so much on snake soup and I both get and don't get this sentiment.

I mean, yeah the game could've punished you more for it but YOURE the one who played it by shooting everyone instead of sneaking.
>>
File: IMG_1343.jpg (188KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1343.jpg
188KB, 800x600px
Hey guys remember me?

...g-guys...?
>>
Kojima was sick of the series after mgs2. Everything beyond that is konami pestering him to keep going. Like a comedian who told a joke everyone likes once, and they want him to keep making it but he's beyond done with it and wants to move on to new jokes.
>>
>>4162516
Fuck him. He gave his MGS2 a retarded 2deep4u cliffhanger ending that people expected him to follow up on. If he wanted to leave and do something else he could have at any time but he was too comfortable where he was so he just destroyed his series from the inside.

I just want to know how much of what I've read about his mismanagement of MGS4 & 5 is true
>>
>>4162516
Yeah my dad works at konami and told me that Kojima was threatened to get into trouble with the yakuza if he didn't continue the series but he had always planned to end it with snake and frieza duking it out on namek.
>>
File: mg2ad2.jpg (1MB, 3144x2024px) Image search: [Google]
mg2ad2.jpg
1MB, 3144x2024px
Personally I would rank the 2D Metal Gears this way.

1) Solid Snake - Amazing game. To this day I find it hard to believe that an 8-bit game could be so intricate and full of detail. I'm not too crazy about the changes they did for the Subsistence version (ditto for MG1), but they're not enough to derail my enjoyment from them.

2) Metal Gear (MSX2) - I really don't get why this game has such a reputation nowadays for being too dated or obtuse. Personally I don't find it anymore dated than the original Zelda.

3) Metal Gear GB - Pretty good, but I rank it lower than the MSX2 games since I feel it drags out a bit towards certain points (particularly the color-coded cardboard box puzzle that you have to repeat several times and the fact that it has stages instead of a free-roaming design.

4) Snake's Revenge - Has a worse reputation than it deserves thanks to fanboys, but I don't think it's the taint to the Metal Gear series that it's made out to be. There's a few bullshit moments here and there, but it's not the stain to the franchise that it's made out to be. Mechanically it's not that much of a departure from the first MSX2 game and it's good addition if you don't take the Metal Gear canon too seriously.

5) Metal Gear (NES) - Really rushed and could've used at least an extra month of development. They don't even give you the solution to the jungle maze in-game.
>>
>>4161752
Yeah, they made it fun.
>>
>>4162385
I don't remember it being that hard, did they tone it down for the Legacy Collection?
Hardest rapid fire I've ever seen was the arm wrestling in Shenmue. That seemed legitimately impossible for the harder guys.
>>
>>4162826
>I really don't get why this game has such a reputation nowadays for being too dated or obtuse.
I played it last year and it did have some really bullshit moments, worse than Zelda I think.
Zelda 1 has that one rock or bush you need to detonate, but that's it, you don't really need to do any other fancy thing.
Metal Gear 1 had this very specific item that you need to use in a very specific room and call this specific codec number and there's absolutely no clue about it anywhere in the game, I had to look it up.
I still enjoyed it though, but that one was complete bullshit. Like, I figured I had to equip that item, and call that one codec number, but the bullshit part is that it had to be in that single one specific room or else it wouldn't work.
>>
>>4162516

Sure, he keeps saying that yet he was happy to keep churning them out. Judging by twitter, Kojima should just retire from games and become a food critic. His food posts are better than his games.
>>
File: KODOQUE_full.png (120KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
KODOQUE_full.png
120KB, 480x270px
>>4162513
I remember you, brother
>>
Is MGS3 on Nintendo 3DS any good?
>>
>>4162312
Mg acid was my shit senpai
>>
>>4164582
The torture sessions are longer by one round for each difficulty level in the American version (from three rounds on Easy to six rounds on Extreme). Not sure how they handled it in the European version, but the Integral re-release in Japan made it much easier by having it only be three rounds no matter the difficulty.
>>
>>4161821
>Shit Tier:
>Metal Gear Solid 4
>Beyond Shit Tier:
>Metal Gear Solid V
Only the most contrarian of cunts could seriously put those two games beneath high-tier in terms of gameplay, and if you're going to rank them in terms of quality of writing, direction, and other casual shit like that, then you shouldn't be posting on a vidya board.
>>
>>4164582
The PS2 release of MGS2 has the hardest button mashing in the series and it lasts for an entire minute. They had to make it shorter and easier in the HD release because it was harder than anything else in the game by a mile.
>>
>>4161821
MSX Metal Gear is the series' worst game, easily. I don't care if MGS4's story sucks or MGSV has an unfinished ending, Metal Gear is a fucking boring eyesore with broken mechanics and absolutely no redeeming qualities whatsoever.
>>
>>4166481
Why is it worse than NES Metal Gear?
>>
>>4161770
Ghost Babel is easily the best 2D MG game.
>>
>>4164714
It's certainly an interesting port. It adopts Peace Walker's control scheme, crouch walking included, and runs as well as the original version (so not very well at all). It's worth checking out as a curiosity.
>>
>>4166802
I wonder how crouch walking can potentially be useful, or let's say even relevant in a game not created with that feature.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.