[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CG/ - Castlevania General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1484981593821.jpg (15KB, 250x235px) Image search: [Google]
1484981593821.jpg
15KB, 250x235px
Symphony of the night worst game edition
>>
File: cover.jpg (315KB, 500x485px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
315KB, 500x485px
Opinions?
>>
OP is still a faggot edition. It's a good game, even if it's not the "best" castlevania game
>>
>>4159837
Decent, a bit overrated by hipsters.
>>
>>4159841
You are absolutely wrong
>Painfully easy, braindead easy, holy shit there are a dozen ways to break the game and they're not even that hard to stumble upon.
>Platforming aspect is very quickly made boring because you can turn into a bat and fly.
>Inverted Castle is a chore because the platforming is boring. Consider the Super Metroid Rotation hack and how interesting the platforming challenges are since you can't just fly around right off the bat. You have to use the tools you have and gain in interesting ways while in the same environment. SotN is just, fuck, the levels are so bland it just feels like an aesthetic change. The maps are not memorable.
>Have to beat the game to play as the fun modes
>Can chow down on health items and shit on a whim
>There are dingy RPG elements that just bloat the menus and barely matter at all
I have no clue why people rank it anywhere close to Super Metroid. Must be the graphics and music.
>>
SotN would jump from a 3/10 to 6/10 if it just wasn't so easy.

It doesn't need to be that hard, just not sooooo easy.
>>
>>4159845
He's a normie, all he cares about is muh atmospherez.
>>
>>4159863
Yep, literally the only reason sotn is regarded as one of the best game is beacuse of the soundtrack and graphics
>>
>>4159843
>Playstation X game
>hipster

Cum again? It's the best selling retro console.
>>
>>4159837
It's too hard
>>
>>4159845
You're being too nitpicky. I said it was good, not amazing and not perfect. If you can't enjoy the game for what it is I question your judgement.

>>4159863
Yes it has atmosphere. It also has a lot of other qualities that make it a decent game. Get off your high horse.
>>
>>4159923
>criticising a game in the entirety of its aspects is now considered nitpicking
I guess you are from /v/ since you didn't form any arguments and I suggest you to go back there.
>>
Level 5 in CV3 is fucking my ass hard
>>
>>4161774

Which route?
>>
>>4159845
SoTN graphics aren't that great. It's basically sort of like a grindy ass Kirby version Metroid with a Castlevania motif.
Kirby is an easy game too, still a good one. Easy games can be good but you really need to have good design to pull it off.
>>
>>4159859
Do a no hit run. Equip the challenge gear, red rust/alucart only. Do a naked run with luck start. The game doesn't give a fuck.
>>
>>4159885
Doesn't mean all games are automatically super popular.
>>
>>4161872
Idk, it's the block that has an auto-scrolling stage, flying gargoyles and then a long staircase with dragons shooting fireballs on both sides
>>
File: cc-02.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
cc-02.png
1MB, 1024x768px
>>4159837
Level design is better and offers more variety than the first game. Bosses can't be cheesed with holy water. Doesn't stray far from the formula like Rondo or 3 with its extra characters. Ramps up the difficulty but not too high. Overall, takes what I like from CV1 and irons out the bad bits while throwing in some good bits to boot; my favorite in the series.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.