[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Diablo Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 31

File: Screenshot010.jpg (348KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot010.jpg
348KB, 800x600px
>aura enchanted (conviction) spectral hit extra fast multishot cursed black soul unique pack episode
>>
>>4159254
big green dead?
>>
>spend 1 hour rerolling nightmare drognan to get best summoner wand for as many summons as possible
>best that came up was +2 summoner skills +1 skeletal mage

is it possible to receive something like +1 summon skills +2-3 skeletal summon skills? or am i doing something wrong.

a combination for +4 in both skeletons and mastery possible?
>>
>>4160443
I think you must roll normal
>>
>>4160443

its possible, just incredibly rare

becomes less rare with higher ilvl
>>
>>4160443
the max staffmods you can get is 3 at +3 its rare as fuck and getting the skills you want is all about worhsiping the RNG gods

I once randomly got a +3 warmth inferno firebolt staff before level 10 for something like 6k turned it into a leaf staff +3 fire skills +6 warmth inferno firebolt this was on my first sorc once I hit lv 20 it was cheese city for me till mid nightmare
>>
>>4159254
How many people still play this?
>>
File: 1425894474866.jpg (47KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1425894474866.jpg
47KB, 500x400px
>Immune to magic
>Immune to fire
>Immune to poison
>Immune to cold
>Immune to physical
>>
>>4162515
We had a thread hit the bump limit earlier this week.
>>
>>4162532
Do you guys use Battle.net servers or your own?
Is this for D1 or D2?
>>
>>4162515
couple of thousand the latest update made it so next to no bots work after so many years of people bitching
>>
>>4162532
Everythread hits bump limit. Diablo is the only game besides Doom that keeps this board alive.
>>
>>4160443
>spending an hour refreshing a page in a shop

why? Isn't there something more fun you could do with your life? It's going to end eventually.
>>
>>4163014
wow
an HOUR
that's like 3 entire blacked dot com videos
>>
>behemoth
>>
>>4160443
I could be wrong about this but the staffmods that would be of most interest to you (skeleton and mastery) are all but prevented from appearing on store-generated wands with >20 ilvl.

if you had tried act1 normal akara for an hour you would have probably scored at least a 2/3 wand. No +skilltrees there, just the skel and mastery staffmods, but it would be totally sufficient until you could buy a +2 all skills wand from akara (hell) or roll a spirit.
>>
>>4164880
finding what staffmods and the ilvl and rarity shit is bretty hard for some reason
>>
>>4162987
And yet you guys only talk about the non-/vr/ ones.

>muh board culture
>>
>>4164886
i agree, it's always been a bitch.

there may be a consolidated guide to shops on d2jsp, though, check the pvm forum.
>>
>>4164903
???
we pretty much never talk about d3 in here, lad. what the fuck are you on about
>>
Who the fuck dicks me dog me hardy
>>
just got my merc insight, goodbye mana potions
>>
>>4164964
>insight
>tfw it's harder to find a suitable weapon than it is to find the necessary runes
>>
>>4164975
There's really easy ways to get 4os CV
>>
>>4164975
maybe eth
>>
What happened to the custom /vg/ realm some years ago?
>>
File: 1484487080197.jpg (65KB, 604x402px) Image search: [Google]
1484487080197.jpg
65KB, 604x402px
>>4165560
Guy moved away and din't bring the server with him, so it stayed in his basement. One day there was a thunderstorm, his mother turned off the power, and the server went down. Guy decides it's too much of a hassle to bring it back on since he lives in another city. Then there was a flood. His basement flooded, and fish moved in, turned on the computer, and revived the server. Hence the name fishymancer. you can find the build here:

https://www.diabloii.net/forums/threads/fishymancer-final-version-updated-for-1-13.798047/

Pic related.
>>
a'ight
I've always liked Diablo but i gotta ask.
I recently saw streams of either regular ladder play or speedruns. Now i never played ladder myself,only offline so i dont know what the fuck am i looking at and i guess im missing core concepts because games back then didnt explain jack shit to the player.

Why is everyone farming runes at the tower and why are they so obsessed with them? Is "crafting" a big thing in diablo? I didnt have troubles beating the game with shit i found dropping from mobs. I also never transmuted stuff.

So uh.. where do i learn what i need to in order to play ladder ?
>>
>he ran a hammerdin at some point in his life
kys
>>
File: diablo_2.jpg (22KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
diablo_2.jpg
22KB, 640x480px
Sup! Just started playing this games and I am planing on playing the the whole series!

Finished Diablo 1 for the first time ever a couple of nights ago (first try was like 4 years but coudnt finish the game because reasons) and last night I started Hellfire, at first it was the same with some minor upgrades untill i could get to the expanded levels, tonight i might finish Hellfire and then im jumping straight to Diablo 2.

Any recomended builds for a first timer? Im not that in to multiplayer so solo will be fine.

I have been maining the Rogue w/ bow skills and a lot of Dex on both Diablo 1 and Hellfire so something along the lines will be great.

Im loving it so far i cant belive i didnt give this games a shot back in the day.
>>
>>4162775
Spambots, or all botting software?

Botting was half the fun for me. I loved configuring bots and turning them into 24/7 farming maniacs.
>>
>>4165890
Necromancer is a really easy class to start with, especially solo play. Go with a summoner build and you can solo hell mode with no gear, that's how easy it is.
>>
>EU softcore ladder
>don't think anybody trades anymore especially since it's 2017 and game is probably a bit dead
>somebody gives me leorics arm for an um, like more than five dropped for me and i hadn't even finished hell yet, holy shit
>wanted homunculus, somebody joins my game within a minute and gives me homunculus and free marrowwalk boots for 10pgems

holy fuck people are nice on eu ladder
>>
>>4165902
That sounds fun, I might try this! Any other handy advice for new comers?
>>
>>4165990
be a skeleton lord, look for +skelly skill wands from vendors, you can get lucky and get bullshit like +6 total skeleton skills wands, maybe even with sockets so you can turn it into a runeword also pick up and look at all grey necromancer shields, same thing can happen with those
>>
File: bro.png (528KB, 431x650px) Image search: [Google]
bro.png
528KB, 431x650px
>>4165987
pic of what the dude gave me for a few pgems and thul, ort and amn that i had too many of
>>
>>4165890
bone Necro probably handles the most like a Diablo 1 character, but if you're insistent on a bows-and-dex build, Bowazon is the way to go.
>>
>>4165663
holy kek I didn't expect that ending
>>
>>4166009
Either this was hacked, or the dude who gave it to you was mega retarded and or mega rich.
>>
>>4166281
>euroids
>knowing how to hack
>>
>it's a set item drop instead of the unique that you wanted episode
>>
>>4166457
trade the set for runes/pgems
trade runes/pgems for the unique you want
it's almost like you don't know how to JEW
>>
Should I hold onto my chipped gems or turn them into flaweds? Are there any recipes that use them?
>>
>>4166610
hold on to your chips to upgrade ROONs
>>
>>4166254
Yeah apparently thats the build to go to if you want to dominate solo play.

I read something about this bowmazon build sounds interesting as well, probably to fulfill my head canon in using the ¨same character¨ but as my main i can see my self playing as the necromancer.
>>
I did it! Got Path of Diablo and multires working for solo play with that one anon's Diablo2 all in one mega link. Exchanged the patchd2.mpq with the mod that was already there. Took me two days because I'm a fucking retard.

https://mega.nz/#!QvhlHSAJ!SdsMLj-VqeS0924F3XEdUBEhDy9QndpUwCxV7ZYS860

Also getting diablo to work on win10 is a horrible ordeal, had to mess around with every .exe's compatibility, vidtest's shit and so on.
tl;dr run everything in win98 with 16bit colors with everything but 640x480 forced on.
>>
>>4166667
nice

good work
>>
>>4166667
>Also getting diablo to work on win10 is a horrible ordeal
Literally just run it through the glide wrapper you fucking retard.
>>
>>4159254
Can someone tell me the appeal of Diablo 2?
I just can't get into it as much as Diablo 1.
>>
>>4167138
Mostly nostalgia I suppose. Nice soundtrack and atmosphere. Muh loot.
>>
>>4166660
fun fact you get to kill the mage rouge and warrior in D2 because they were failures and got corrupted so easily

"your guy" is a heartless bitch who raises her fallen comrades she is the first boss you kill also if you want you can get her bow and raise the dead thus letting you play as necro bowzon
>>
File: 1483157186220.jpg (78KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1483157186220.jpg
78KB, 900x900px
>>4159254
>Diablo Thread
>it's a Diablo 2 thread
>>
>>4166667
>Path of Diablo
>not playing MXL
>not playing the best D2 mod period
>not playing updated almost bi yearly for over a decade
>playing vanilla
>in 2017
>not playing MXL hardcore ladder and making it past level 100 to show off your ultra autism

also is that mega link the same as a no install direct play torrent?
>>
>>4167409
Does MXL have realms? I could go for some.
>>
>>4165852
Crafting became a big deal around 1.10 I believe. The difficulty of nightmare/hell was upped considerably, especially for gear-dependent characters (so most melee builds), crafted items and runewords are the easiest way to gear up. Anyway that's how I see it, I just got back into D2 for the first time since classic so I don't know much, I just know that my offline self-drop ww barb was getting pwned in hell until I figured out all that crafting stuff.
>>
>>4166281
>megarich
>marrowwalk and homunculus
>>
>pickit
>>
>>4167879
yes 1.10 was when D2 became modern and no longer "vanilla" and 1.11 is when a lot of people went full autism screaming you ruined the game fuck you blizzard MUH ENIGMA MUH OP BUILDS MUH LV 99 GUY IS NOW WORTHLESS MUH ZOD CHAM AND JAH
>>
>it's an anon decides to make a wind druid episode
How fucked am I?
>>
>>4169620
very
>>
>800 andariel runs
>no soj

Just fuck my shit up
>>
File: ALL SKELETONS.jpg (129KB, 400x304px) Image search: [Google]
ALL SKELETONS.jpg
129KB, 400x304px
>mfw White + +1 Nec Skills Head + Unique Undead Crown in Nightmare
>>
>>4166009
>>4166281

you had the shit-tier runes / pgems that a reroller needed- an ideal trade.

The marrows are +1 so they have no trade value, but they make very considerate adds. in case you were wondering, he wanted the pgems to reroll grand charms.

>>4169998
1-1499/1500^800
~41% fwiw
>>
File: hellfire_1.jpg (51KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
hellfire_1.jpg
51KB, 640x480px
So I finally got trough Hellfire and i can see why Blizard pretends it doesnt exist.

Its more of a joke than a real Diablo game. Cow guy was plain stupid (yes i know why hes there but still). First part (bug levels) was anoying and felt out of place. I only liked the final dungeon visually it felt part of the first Diablo game, but the last boss didnt deliver at all, finally a final battle then sudently the fucker started talking like fucking Elvis!

Oh well its finally over I can jump to Diablo 2 now and see whats the fuzz all about.
>>
>>4170681
It becomes corny because you have a command.txt that enables a bumch of outtakes. Still Hellfire is pretty rough. I appreciate all the new assets they added which later was taken advantage by modders. The Hell mod is recommended if you want to play a Hellfire as it should've been.
>>
>reduces magic damage by 1
>adds 1-3 cold damage
>3 to attack rating
>1 to mana
>+4 stamina
>+3 defense

Who the fuck designed these effects? Did anyone game tested this shit? This crap is WORTHLESS even on lvl 1 normal character.

So why the fuck does it drop in hell all the fucking time?
>>
>>4172404
it's a feature
>>
>>4169998

literally did 5 andy runs today and had a soj drop on the 4th

you're real unlucky
>>
>>4172404
its worth more gold
>>
Infinity or pride for fishymancer merc?
>>
>>4174742
I'd guess that Infinity is better for solo with the conviction aura, but Pride is better in a party.
>>
which came first

insight
or infinity
>>
>>4175489

they both came with patch 1.10
>>
File: the diablo experience.png (935KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
the diablo experience.png
935KB, 1280x720px
we did it lads
>>
>>4175862
kek holy shit that is just too funny gore is the max right?
what other wonderful useless weapons/armor can you get
>>
>>4165895
PLEASE tell me it's all bots. It's the number 1 reason for me quitting online. Reason 2 was the absolutely cancerous, holier than thou, clique-oriented, greedy and narcissistic cesspool of ungodly horror that was d2jsp and its community. Jesus Christ those people know how to take the fun out of online play and focus on nothing but imaginary currency, botting and calling anyone who tries to play normally a loser autist.

I found some cool people there but god knows they were few and far-between. Xtoolx can go drink mercury.
>>
>>4166660
Bowazon is fucking impossible in offline solo. In solo ladder play, you might have a bit of a chance. If you're trading anyway then yeah, bowa can be fun. In single player, I ended up respeccing to Plague Javelin and store-bought a simple javelin + Deflecting shield with resistances, and used that build from act 5 normal to act 2 Hell to farm for bow gear, all the while wondering why I bothered because plague javelin was doing 10k and trails of monsters slowly dying were xp bombs. Meanwhile Strafe and/or Freezing arrow do around 100 damage even after a lot of skill investment and a decent bow. The damage on bows is just insanely unbalanced and everyone relies on cheesy charms and damage boost and crushing blow, shit like that.
>>
>>4175862
That looks like diarrhea dog shit, way to ruin the d2 aesthetic. Where are you even? It looks unorganized as fuck. Is that just a mace stylized to look like Bloodrise? Why make this?
>>
>>4176447
>d2 aesthetic
>d2
Is this bait?
>>
Is fuckin 40ed/15ias jew even real?
>>
>>4176452
no
it's a myth.
>>
>>4176452
Jews are very real my friend.
>>
File: y.jpg (616KB, 1575x1119px) Image search: [Google]
y.jpg
616KB, 1575x1119px
>>4176452
I wish I was so lucky
>>
File: 1499451074935.jpg (22KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1499451074935.jpg
22KB, 500x500px
>>4176553
>lightning sorc
>more health than mana
>pirated windows 10
>>
>>4176564
>not having more health than mana on your sorc
Playing sorcs wrong my man.
>>
File: 1499659513963.jpg (17KB, 361x441px) Image search: [Google]
1499659513963.jpg
17KB, 361x441px
>>4176573
>playing lightning sorc but not going for energy shield
>>
>>4176591
>diablo 2
>energy shield
top kek
>>
>>4163039

>the same losers that spend time refreshing a page over and over again in a game they've played to death millions of times before, also watch blacked videos

Figures.
>>
>>4162519
>Be Zealot
>Have amulet that has a chance to cast amp damage on attack.
>Removes physical resist from every enemy in the game except for two.
>>
>>4176636
>diablo 2
>not energy shield
max par
>>
I'm more of a Diablo 1 guy but I just started playing Diablo 2 at night with a friend as a Necromancer and am having a pretty fun time. Right now I'm putting everything into raise dead, skeleton mastery, one point in clay golem, and one point in that debuff spell but I want to get corpse explosion later. Any recommendations and what should I be pumping stats into? At the moment I've been increasing vitality mostly with a bit in energy for more spellcasting as well as improved str/dex whenever there's gear i want to use that requires it.
>>
>>4179218
I think I like diablo 1 more but still have to finish 2.
The way I play I think I cant play online, I love to get pretty much everthing and sell it on town.
>>
>>4179218
Your most important skills are, in order:
>Raise Skeleton
Makes your skeletons hit better.
>Skeleton Mastery
Makes your skeletons last longer.
That's it - that's the chassis. Then you choose to invest points into any of those:
>Corpse Explosion
Pretty much always a correct choice because it's really good AoE clear. The damage doesn't scale but area of effect does, which makes a chain reaction.
>one point into Clay Golem
just one is enough. You use it to slow down a boss. Iron Golem is only good if you can find a godlike weapon to make out of him (he can carry auras too), but he can die and then you're fucked. Blood Golem is not worth mentioning. Fire Golem was once said by someone to be better at aggroing massive amounts of monsters, but I don't think it's true.
>one point into every curse
Amplify Damage is godlike. Dim Vision, Attract, Confuse and such are good crowd control spells that can help you shut down encounters. Iron Maiden will help you tank Duriel with your golem. Decrepify is a must against later bosses and is a good spell overall. Necro is a fantastic support class.
>Revive
Very solid choice to sink points into. You can use it to gain special on-hit abilities of certain enemies, like for example the Urdar's Crushing Blow.
>Raise Skeleton Mage
It's not too good. The damage output is fairly low. A single poison mage might be a good quasi-Prevent Monster Healing intrinsic, but you are more likely to get like 6 of them and their damage doesn't stack. Nice to have one, but nothing to write home about. They don't stack with Amplify/Decrepify; if you're in a team with an elemental character, consider them for synergy with Lower Resist.
>>
>>4179342
>>4179342
Thank you anon. What should I be doing while my skeletons run rampant? I'm using the starting wand still and not sure if I should use weapons or just whack people with the wand.
>>
>>4175862
What's this? I need it in my life.
>>
>>4179348
Diablo 1 HD (Tchernobog)
http://diablo1.ovh.org/hd/?download
>>
>>4179358
Thanks man. One question, do you still have to play multiplayer, even if just local, in order for monsters to respawn?
>>
>>4179346
Look out for +skills wands, otherwise go ranged. The latter only applies to Act I Normal at best, though, since by the time you reach Act II you'll have a ton of skellies plus a merc, so you'll just stand back and curse/explode everything.
>>
>>4179656
Thanks
>>
d2 is still better than most/all new games, the detailed graphics and animations, cut scenes actually worth watching, the replayability with randomization and loot system. sad really
>>
So im almost done on act 2 of Diablo 2. Ans been soloing so far. People keep telling me that i need multiplayer to finish the game.
is this true or am i going to get to a point i cant get further because i need multiplayer?
>>
>>4179506
No. Which is honestly my biggest pet peeve. Diablo 1 was designed to be cleared in a single run. Tchernobog and Belzebub have enemies increase in strength much more rapidly which demands that you go back and grind some previous floors.

>>4181551
No. There are just a lot of spells that were designed for use in multiplayer like most of the Paladin's Auras or the Barbarian's shouts. You can still do everything in singleplayer. You will only miss out on a handful of super endgame (level 70+) items.
>>
>>4181832
>Tchernobog and Belzebub have enemies increase in strength much more rapidly which demands that you go back and grind some previous floors
D1HD has enemies that increase in strength more rapidly because the PLAYER increases in strength more rapidly.
Every class in HD is approximately a literal fuckton stronger than its classic D1 equivalent. Rares, sets, new uniques, inherent class skills, and all the changes to stat effects and item affixes allow the player to become way more powerful than was ever possible in classic D1.
>>
>>4181878
I don't feel like it scales properly. Granted, I've only beaten it with the warrior and sorcerer. I haven't checked out the added classes.
>>
>>4181832
>No. There are just a lot of spells that were designed for use in multiplayer like most of the Paladin's Auras or the Barbarian's shouts. You can still do everything in singleplayer. You will only miss out on a handful of super endgame (level 70+) items.

im more than ok with this then. thanks!
>>
>>4181551
Start with a meteorb sorc or summoner. They are characters which require no gear but can farm items. Do a couple hundred runs. Get good gear and runes. Even super endgame items.
>>4181832
>>
>>4181551
I never had the patience for Hell, especially act 3 onward. You really start to appreciate the diversity in enemies and WHY they're as hard as they are past Normal.
But that's only if you wana be a true completionist and get a single plauer Patriarch. Personally, after needing to farm so much and whittling away at boss groups endlessly I was kind of like: I can pretty much see where this would go if I were to actually finish Hell.
The Ancients are a proper challenge in single player though, or so I've been told.
>>
>>4181356
From a game design level it's pretty brilliant as well. Every npc gossips about each other, but you're NEVER force fed any plot, you can always skip it and the challenge is right out there up for grabs. Npcs like Flavie and Hadriel tell you you CAN do a quest to s by them, but it's always up to you to decide if you do. The act boss always makes a reference to the plot, but never stops the game or anything. You can always replay a section of information if you feel like you've missed something. This kind of polish and thinking through has hardly been around in any game since then, least of all hack-and-slash or map generator games. People like comparing it to PoE but fuck that game, it's so dumbed down.
>>
>where to find that translucent shield paladins always wear
>>
File: Screenshot038.jpg (505KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot038.jpg
505KB, 800x600px
charsi food or shit faith?
>>
>>4183303
Bait
in case not bait and just a newfag it's holy shield
thanks for making me feel stupid either way
>>
>>4183615
Charsi. Faith without 3sk and a 2sk roll is just not worth having. Even on non ladder it wouldn't sell.
>>
>>4183618
can't believe you fell for it

hey, want a hurts donut?
>>
open socket
>>
right gonna download D2 again when I get home but not play MXL for once

what to roll on single player first fishy or something else?
>>
>>4186416
wind drood
>>
>>4176431
>has not beaten hell on sp hc /p8 with a bowazon
git gud
>>
are you guise playing ladder or non-ladder or sp? i want to play to
>>
where can i find dumb schmucks to play chernobog with
>>
>>4186417
fuck that I aint rolling a furry unless I have a nutcracker
>>
melee amazon viable?
>>
bow necro viable?
>>
>>4186854
Yes, in MXL
>>
>>4186862
shhh don't bring that up you'll anger the plebs
>>
>>4159254
>kill Hell Countess for the first time
>Nef and 2 El runes
>kill any of the act bosses first time
>2 shitty rares and a couple of blues
>never any good runes
>never any uniques
>never any good shit
>if I get a set item it's usually from the same 2 sets that I have 4 full sets of already
Help me end this existence
>>
>>4159254
How do I stop my Merc from dying nearly instantly when I'm in Hell difficulty? I have Insight runeword on him and his resistances are maxed out but the shitfuck dies when so much as anything looks his way.
>>
>>4187129
Maybe get some MF.
>>
>>4187137
Well thats the plan eventually, still mid-70's playing Hammerdin for the first time. I either 1shot everything in Hell or it 1shot's me. Not sure if I should go back and farm the shit out of NM Meph/Diablo/Baal, grind some more lvls or fight my way thru Hell so I can farm those guys for the better gear.
>>
File: 1494360806154.png (115KB, 208x206px) Image search: [Google]
1494360806154.png
115KB, 208x206px
>>4187140
>playing Hammerdin
>>
>>4187131
If you don't have andariel's visage, fortitude/Stone with 5k+ defense, and a kickass weapon (or phoenix/sanctuary combo on an a3 merc) it's hardly worth it to bother with a merc unless you plan on Teleporting everywhere. They're nothing but gold sponges in Hell. A3 cold is your best bet because he can freeze shit and make a break for it. Generally though, merc AI is shit. You could also spam him with potions.
>>
File: ballista.gif (2KB, 62x118px) Image search: [Google]
ballista.gif
2KB, 62x118px
Buriza-Do Kyanon = Blizzard Cannon
i feel even stupider than usual
>>
File: Screenshot041.jpg (466KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot041.jpg
466KB, 800x600px
Dear diary,

today was a good day.
>>
What's the most unorthodox/weird build you've ever made?
>>
>>4187551
>help bar open
>hammerdin
Checks out.
>>
>>4187695
hammerdin
>>
Are auradins fun?
>>
>>4187695
bow sorc
>>
>>4187695
ass ham
>>
>>4187947
jelly u don't have zod?
>>
>>4172404
Don't know about you but I'd take that 1-3 cold damage on a level 1, the rest are bonuses.
>>
>>4188202
jelly u don't have skill?
>>
>>4188250
>D2
>skill
lol ur funny
>>
what's the better version, pc or playstation

I fucking love playing d3 with analog sticks so i'm not asking about controls, i'm asking about features and glitches
>>
>>4188783
pc
>>
>>4188783
PS version halves the resolution and looks much worse.
>>
Help me out bros.

Was a huge fan of D2 back in the day, but never played the original Diablo. What's the best way to experience it nowadays?

I downloaded the HD mod and got my rogue to floor 9, the caves tileset I think. There's hoardes of monsters doing projectile attacks from like a mile away and I'm dying all the time. Is this the mod's fault?
>>
>>4188842
Thats likely to be you being shit's fault
>>
>>4188842
If you're using HD mod you're not playing Diablo 1, just a reskinned D2.
>>
>>4188842
>I downloaded the HD mod and got my rogue to floor 9, the caves tileset I think. There's hoardes of monsters doing projectile attacks from like a mile away and I'm dying all the time. Is this the mod's fault?
The HD mod requires a bit more stat and gear autism than vanilla Diablo 1; optimal Rogue play in HD is putting literally every point into Dexterity on level-up, and getting a bow with a lot of mana steal. Fighting other ranged attackers becomes way easier when you have enough mana steal to be able to use Multiple Shot and Guided Arrow for free.
>>
>>4188857
Would it make more sense to just play a mage then? I thought Rogue would be fine with just auto-attacking.
>>
>>4188892
Sorceror is perhaps one of the more straightforward classes to play in HD, at least for someone who is already familiar with Sorceror play in vanilla D1, because the "put all points into one stat forever" and "get this specific gear combination" autism is already part of legacy D1 Sorc play.
Sorceror is very powerful in the early game, especially if you get several levels in Lightning, and a staff with lightning resistance penetration, but becomes one of the harder classes to play in Hell difficulty, when most of the enemies start having multiple immunities.
>>
>it's yet another green breast plate drops episode
>>
>>4188857
>Diablo
>guided arrow
As if I need further evidence to avoid the fuck out of """"HD"""" mod
>>
>>4188908
in D1, the sorc is weak in the early game but eventually leaves the rogue and warrior completely in the dust, no question, anyone will tell you this. Even considering immunes.

is this something the mod reverses?
>>
>>4188970
>complaining about guided arrow when bone spirit and elemental have existed in D1 since 1996
t. autist who probably started with D2 in 2015
>>
>>4189117
>is this something the mod reverses?
Essentially, yes. Cheap, early-game spells like Lightning, Holy Bolt, and even Flash are extremely powerful at the time you get them, usually only needing just a few books' worth of investment to be able to quickly kill pretty much anything in Normal and Nightmare difficulties.
However, as noted by >>4181832 , enemies increase in strength much more rapidly in HD, so by late Nightmare and early Hell difficulty, Sorcerors need to start using much more expensive, late-game spells like Nova and Apocalypse to deal decent damage to enemies, and that's before taking into account that almost every enemy in mid Hell difficulty and onward is immune to at least two elements. The legacy D1 Sorc strategies of Stone Curse and/or Golem cheese against all-immune enemies aren't anywhere near as effective in HD either, as Stone Curse is nerfed to make enemies only take 25% damage while petrified, and even high level Golems don't have the HP and AC to survive very long in the later half of each difficulty, or the damage to be an efficient means of killing enemies. Likewise, just walking up to something and hitting it with a sword as a Sorceror is essentially suicide past Normal difficulty in HD, because of the increased enemy stat scaling.
Inversely, the Warrior and Rogue actually struggle a bit in Normal and early Nightmare difficulty, due to their massive dependence on mana sustainability, but once they're appropriately geared with the right amount of mana steal and mana regen, they become close to unstoppable by the time they reach Hell difficulty, due to the fact that no enemies are immune, or even meaningfully resistant, to physical damage.
>>
>>4187143
we've all done it at some point
>>
>>4187695
Leap attack barb
>>
>>4188923
I don't know who Isenheart is, but he needs to stop leaving his shit everywhere
>>
File: 1427123113422.jpg (63KB, 717x960px) Image search: [Google]
1427123113422.jpg
63KB, 717x960px
>rare weapon
>huge +% damage
>+ IAS
>great stats
>knockback
>>
>>4189356
This would be fucking awesome if it were a bow.

Tough break, lad. You can always make a charger :^)
>>
File: 1502330218484.jpg (576KB, 1331x862px) Image search: [Google]
1502330218484.jpg
576KB, 1331x862px
>damage reduced by
>magic damage reduced by
>attacker takes damage
>attacker takes lightning damage
>chance to cast level 3
>increased stamina
>self-repairing (non-ethereal)
>increased light radius
>decreased light radius
>>
>>4189532
>>decreases light radius
>not playing minimum light radius sin
>>
>>4167879
I always thought crafting was pretty neat, the idea of gathering smaller items to combine to a bigger one was always a nice concept in a game where you can run a boss hundreds of times and not get anything too useful. I just wish it was possible to do at lower item levels with lower gems (Like using normal gems to craft things <iLvl30), because a lot of things like the hitpower or safety set isn't that great as you approach hell.

Though I will say rolling a safety set with the max modifiers for Damage Reduce is pretty funny. When you get it high enough, you no longer take damage from vanilla mobs, so it creates this weird gameplay of running around invincible only to be two shot by a unique monster.
>>
>>4189532
>Light radius
You laugh, but I started gathering that shit once I could no longer use my maphack after 1.09. It wasn't so bad on a CRT, but playing on an LCD makes the light look like shit.
>>
>>4189651
I crafted a magic resist shield for my necro to use against other necros hammers. Still worse than just using a random spirit monarch, but i felt pretty cool and unique
>>
>>4189671
Oh, I guess for low level PvP, crafted items can be pretty good since they allow you to make a pretty low level requirements item that's a lot stronger than what you could get in other items right then.
>>
>>4189532
Attacker takes lightning damage only spawns on uniques and rws.
Nigga if you a random chance to cast nova that shit may save your life in a meelee battle because of monster hitrecovery.
Also stop complaining, stamina spawns on hardly anything but charms and boots and you can always reroll with gems if you like.
>>
>>4189690
Some crafted items are actually bis for certain builds even in HLD. Caster amulets is one obvious case, as those are the only amulets which can grant up to 20% fcr. Other noteworthy crafted items are blood rings (maximum possible str and life from a ring), caster boots for ES sorc (up to +5% max mana, mana regen and flat mana) and caster belts (5-10% fcr, used to go up to 15%). The crafted safety shield, which is the only item that grants magic resist, is worthless though, as it only gives 5-10%. Had it gone up to 20% it might actually have had some use against hammers and bone necs. But crafted item are certainly not bad
>>
>>4179218
I wanna play online too, how can I do it?
>>
>>4187143
Tip-top advice there, furendo
>>
>>4190216
how can amulets have 20% fcr?
>>
File: 1501219121602.jpg (17KB, 472x339px) Image search: [Google]
1501219121602.jpg
17KB, 472x339px
>tfw you will never go back in time to 2002 and pull an all-nighter at the internet cafe playing Diablo II with your friends
>>
>>4191064
"Of the apprentice" suffix adds 10% FCR. Crafting an amulet in the Caster set (Ral rune, perfect amethyst and random jewel) gives it a guaranteed 5-10% FCR. So the max you can possible roll on an amulet is a total of 20 FCR, but it's rare to get it with skills and stats on top of that.
>>
>>4191064
>>4191102
Pretty much this. 20% fcr, 2+ class skill, crafted caster amus are among the sexiest items in d2.
>>
>>4191097
>net cafe
>not a lan
this fucking casual
>>
Leather belt?
>>
>>4192487
Crude sash
>>
>MY BROTHERS HAVE ESCAPED YOU
>YOU'RE TOO LATE HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>ABANDON YOUR FOOLISH QUEST, FOR ALL THAT AWAITS YOU IS THE WRATH OF MY MASTER. YOU ARE TOO LATE TO SAVE THE CHILD, NOW YOU WILL JOIN HIM
>IN HELL
>>
>>4193520
The cheesiest one to me was always
>MY ARMY WILL DESTROY YOU

also what in the fuck does countess say?
>>
>>4194080
>"Care for a bloodbath?" (evil laughter)
>"Your blood will boil!"

Took me 1 minute to find this. Read the wikia if you are interested in the lore.
>>
>so dark. perfect.
>>
>>4194473
>everything I don't like is autism xddd
Hello embryo.
>>
>>4194473
still reskinned d2 that doesnt play like d1
>>
>>4194528
>d2 isn't autism, because i like it xddddd
Hello cuck.
>>
>>4194529
see >>4194473
>>
>>4194538
see >>4194529
>>
>>4194543
see >>4194538
>>
>>4194546
nope
>>
>>4194473
>d2 classic does not exist
>>
>>4194550
calling me names doesn't make D1 "HD" any better
>>
>>4194563
Show us on the doll where the evil runes touched you.
>>
and harrenhal
>>
How do I survive Tchernobog as a barbarian? Turns out I don't know how to play the game after getting out of the ballpit that is Diablo 1 vanilla.
>>
>>4194898
Put ALL your points into strength.
Get some gear that adds to vitality (the barb gets 4 HP per vitality in HD).
Find a weapon with some life leech and %to-hit on it. Probably also get some jewelry with life leech and %to-hit on it as well.
Remember to use Rage/Insanity/Sacrifice on tough bosses.
You're hardcapped at 0 mana, so most spells are out, but you can still use Bone Spirit and Blood Star, or cast from staves/scrolls if you have enough magic. Bone Spirit is very good against behemoth bosses. Staves/scrolls of Golem can be good for a quick distraction.
Switch your primary attack to Cleave as soon as you get it. Then, switch your primary attack to Frenzy as soon as you get that. Level 32 and onwards is all Whirlwind for crowd control, and Frenzy for bosses and scattered targets. Mortal Strike is a meme.
The barb is best with two-handed weapons, especially axes and mauls. Don't bother with the sword-and-board meme, you'll never be as good at it as a warrior.
Don't die.
>>
what did >>4194473 post to trigger a few people
>>4194915
thats kinda odd barbs are vitality monsters who just rip and tear everything skip out on heavy armor and use a two handed sword/axe to swing fast and move fast sure barbs are strong as fuck but it aint strength that lets you swing a huge slab of iron for hours on end

I wanna try this mod since D1 has its charms in being simplistic but vanilla D1 well... beating the game with all 3 classes can be easily done in a weekend and all

the skills/new classes in tchernobog seem kinda shitty the new items/monsters and stuff look neat tho I have a feeling this would be a love/hate type of game
>>
>>4195816
>skip out on heavy armor
Close, but no cigar. Barbs definitely skip out on shields, since they can't block nearly as well with them as the warrior can, but good body armor is a must have for barbarians. As a barb, you'll actually be able to wear the heaviest armors sooner than the warrior, because you'll be putting all of your stat points into strength.

The class balance in Tchernobog can be a bit jarring for someone who is more used to vanilla D1, especially considering that the removal of permanent stat-increase elixirs means you need to be way more autistic about optimal stat point allocation. For most of the classes though, it comes down to just maxing one stat exclusively: strength for barbs, dexterity for rogues and assassins, magic for sorcerors.
warriors and necromancers usually go for between a 30/70 and 50/50 split on dexterity/strength and magic/vitality, respectively
>>
>>4195825
>wear the heaviest armors
see that's retarded barbs don't wear iron cages its hard to rip in tear in heavy armor you can't move freely barbs love mobility and the axes/2h swords should have a vit requirement like how bows/some swords are str/dex it being all str is really stupid the necro and sin seem solid tho dude should be a pally/knight using greatswords/maulswarhammermacewtv /autistic rant
>removal of permanent stat-increase elixirs
holy fuck thats a huge plus those things broke the game so badly especially for the sorcerer
>>
I tried multiple times but I can't get into MXL there's something that feels off about it.

Does it get better when you progress further?
>>
>>4195887
>>4195816
Use some punctuation, you fucking autist. Your posts are like word vomit.
>>
>>4196040
my favorite is lack of punctuation and acronyms

took me a literally six years to figure out forum posts
>>
>>4195887
>holy fuck thats a huge plus those things broke the game so badly especially for the sorcerer
>none of the best Sorc items have STR requirements
>Sorc gets a fuckton of effective HP from Mana Shield so doesn't need Vitality
>Dexterity is also moot because you don't need Chance to Hit
>meanwhile Warriors and Rogues require Strength for equipping items, Dexterity for aiming, Vitality or Magic for bonus effective health and possibly Magic for utility like Teleport/Firewall/Stone Curse
>Sorcerer is already the best character in the game even without items
>elixirs somehow further the gap instead of helping to close it
No comprendo
>>
>>4195816
just some sperg reposting the same shit and shitposting more as it gets repeatedly deleted
>>
>>4196402
it's amazing, i think he's up to 15 now

how can one autist whine this much
>>
>>4196451
He's obsessed with the D1 HD mod. There's something seriously wrong with him.
>>
Is there any perfect drop mod for Diablo 2 that doesn't also try to rebalance the game in the process? I tried "The Perfect Drop Mod" but it fucks with the game too much as a side effect.
I just want to get out of this (((varies))) hell.
>>
>>4196547
Why not join me and my ever-burgeoning Isenhart's Case collection instead of using some drop mod?
>>
>>4196547
You could always just use a hero editor? And keep rolling until you get something good?
>>
>>4196547
Just get those small charms with a gorillion of +MF on them and pretend like you're playing legitimately
>>
>>4196974
This might actually be fun. Ima make a brand new char where the only difference is they have 4 small charms with 255% MF and see what the results are. Might actually play a meelee build to see how doable it is. Frenzy barb or werewolf?
>>
is it safe now

is he still angry over that diablo 1 mod
>>
>>4196557
Sure, fuck it. I couldn't find anything that wasn't a horrible overhaul or a cheaty mod. PlugY it is, let's hoard garbage forever.
>>
File: 1498144201820.jpg (35KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1498144201820.jpg
35KB, 720x720px
>tfw STILL no plugy that works with 1.14
>>
What mods do you guys recomend if a Diablo 2 solo play?

I heard that best drop is a good one for rare loot and shit
>>
>>4198779
Anything that changes core gameplay is cheating.
>>
>>4198779
Playing the game is cheating
>>
>Level 57, a5 nightmare
>Got the pindleskin portal up

So I just spam pindleruns for awhile until I get some better gear, right?

Ever since I respecced from summon necro to bone necro, the game was a lot less hassle. Not easier, just less upkeep overall.

Any items I should keep an eye out for before I make the plunge into killing Baal and entering hell?
>>
>>4198981
>nm pindle
>good

I'd say just kill nm baal to enable nm cows and do that instead. Then once strong enough do hell pits for gear/exp and countess for roons
>>
Is Lem considered a high rune, or nah?
>>
>>4198779
PlugY.
>>
File: 1499538073302.jpg (12KB, 471x480px) Image search: [Google]
1499538073302.jpg
12KB, 471x480px
>>4198538
The author died.
>>
>>4159254
>unique pack
Stop:

Hammertime
>>
>>4199627
Nah. Try Vex and up, but more realistically, from Mal up.
>>
File: bowazons super viable.png (458KB, 604x524px) Image search: [Google]
bowazons super viable.png
458KB, 604x524px
>>4166254
>>4176431
>>4186442
For everyone who wants to see what I'm talking about, this bow is better than anything the vendors have up to act 5 normal. Getting the correct stats on a bow without it being super slow or otherwise stupid, is incredibly hard. All the best skills rely on % damage, and the base damage of bows, even up to nightmare, is like 10-14, where a maul or a two-handed sword is 20-28, and throwing weapons/javelins are on par with bows, but have insane elemental spells. Freezing arrow has no AoE until level 30, and Immolation arrow scales incredibly poorly. This build is fucking insane when doing it solo.

Btw, that damage is with the Duskdeep helm, which gives you +8 maximum damage. The attack rating I have right now makes my arrows miss almost half the time, yet my dex is stacked and I have a skill which gives % AR bonus.
>>
File: bowazons my god so good.png (367KB, 357x776px) Image search: [Google]
bowazons my god so good.png
367KB, 357x776px
>>4200265
Case in point, this is what dropped from Shenk the Overseer. Note the difference in damage and speed, that's one handed vs two-handed, without a chance to spawn skills and with a chance to spawn with skills.

What the shit.
>>
Guys im at the monastery and my hired archer keeps dissappearing for no reason. This didnt happen to me before. Also for some reason i cant move the game's window. Pretty sure i didnt fuck up the glider settings though.

Any ideas?
Also where the fuck was the entrance to the catacombs supposed to be ?
>>
>>4196557
>just finished act 3
>I have 3 fucking horns
>>4196013
>Does it get better when you progress further?
ubers and shit are fun what class/es did you try?
>>4197145
I'm playing with 1000% atm for the hell of it all I've found on this necro is 10 shitty set pieces and 2 unique getting a nagelring half way into act 1 was neat
>>
>>4176591
Is there a reason to pvm with energy shield in d2?

you need top gear for a good es.
then, one hit from a mana burn mob and splat
>>
>>4202334
It's either one shot Mana burn then one shot death
Or one shot death.

Your choice.
>>
File: 1138.png (161KB, 529x296px) Image search: [Google]
1138.png
161KB, 529x296px
>>4202356
I won't say sorcs never use ES on hardcore and that there are zero guides for them, but I don't remember having ever seen one. I always thought that was telling. People prefer a combination of block, resists, DR, PDR, and Vit, because these can all work together to be more reliable than just ES. ES can be better if the character has only 1 job in life, like keyrunning.

Plus the loss of damage due to wasting 20 skill points. bleh
>>
>>4159254
>download
Does anyone have the link to that Diablo 1 starter zip that was floating around?
>>
>>4182765
Explain how poe is dumbed down
>>
>>4159254
Is there any "so you want to play Diablo/Diablo II" image ever created yet?
>>
>>4205142
You install the game, and then you play the game.
>>
What runeword should I use for my Merc? It's the ones from act 2 if you needed to know
>>
>>4205730
depends on your class but Insight and Pride are legit
>>
>>4204770
Watered* down is a better wording I suppose. Well, take a look at a skill and stat set. It just branches out madly so as to dish you out "options" but none of the choices really matter that much. You just find one range attack that stacks nicely and one closerange attack that stacks nicely and you're set. Get "+5 primary derp skill" until you reach an orb with a decent benefit.

Repeat.

I played it for like 2 weeks straight and NEVER felt challenged. You meet Duriel as a Summoner for the first time in Diablo 2 and you shit. your. fucking. pants. THAT is the difference, for me. I didnt realize I was fighting an act boss in PoE until it was too late. All the characters are cringy and zany but lack any personality. I couldnt give a shit about ANYONE in my first town. You talk to Gheed the Jew and you get an instant read on the dynamic of characters, they gossip about each other in identifiable ways and it's just... charming.

I'll cede that part of this is just nostalgia, but I'd love to hear if and why you think otherwise.
>>
>when the way point spawns right beside mephisto

going to nightmare is gonna suck please god let baal be just as good
>>
>>4206914
Remember that going to nightmare means you can reroll Baal anyways :)
>>
i've fucked around in belzebub back when tchernobog was still in closed alpha/beta and its development seemingly died

i see now that it has been released

what's the difference between the two hd mods, other than the multiplayer component?
>>
>>4207376
Some quality of life changes in tchernobog and quests are disabled. Belzeboob is still the better, wholesome experience, for the time being.
>>
>>4205730
insight is the endgame for hdins
infinity is the endgame for just about everything else
>>
>>4162775
>no bots work
Is this confirmed?

This was the major reason I left. It was impossible to judge who was real or not, and entering a chat area would leave you targeted by many spammers...thank god for the chat ignore list.
>>
>>4209007
I was on a few days ago and I encountered no bots at all.
>>
File: Screenshot043.jpg (464KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot043.jpg
464KB, 800x600px
Finally completed this motherfucker. Is it viable for Novamancer?
>>
>>4209496
>casts slower than even the amazon
>helmet is useless
>shield is so bad that you'd be better off with a white item
>belt does nothing
>gloves are useful
>armor is worse than an easily obtained runeword
>the only good set property is on the shield, the worst part of the set

Take a guess, dumbo.

>>4196547
Learn to mod. You can easily do anything that simplistic by just editing columns in excel files. All you need to do is extract the text documents from patch_d2.mpq, take out data into your main folder and run the shortcut with -direct -txt
>>
>>4209552
So it's good. I'll do ce/poison hybrid, and you can't stop me.
>>
>>4209568
I'll also max dim vision.
>>
>>4209569
Dim vision is an incredibly useful skill. If you want to make me mad, you'd max out weaken. Weaken is unique in that it is the only skill in the entire game that has no purpose, and is only a disadvantage since it prevents you from using a curse that would actually do something.
>>
File: Screenshot003.jpg (622KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot003.jpg
622KB, 800x600px
huh look at what I found this meph run on normie
>what are those charms
me fucking around with a lot of 155% mf
>>
>>4211575
Still worse than a head runeword with Rhyme
>>
>>4211583
I just think its a neat
faster/increased blocking 3 skills damage to mana and -20 req

fiddled around with it for awhile keeping on swap with a wand I'm rocking ancient's pledge atm 38 def 28% ignoring the res it just feels better it's also the first exceptional item I've found neat that its rare
>>
I have a decent collection of white tiaras, diadems, coronets. I've heard they're best to imbue?
>>
>>4211575
why the fuck are you saving all those isenhart helms?
>>
Why the fuck do all sets suck ass when compared to uniques/runewords? And how the fuck are people supposed to use low level sets when it takes 20 minutes to get to Nightmare? And low level sets don't drop till late Hell! And you can't mule in SP!

Oh look, Arctic Furs at level fucking 89, wish it dropped when it was supposed to be used, at level 2, but wait, Quill Rats have 0:0000000000000000000001% drop rate, and oops it's already useless by time I get to Normal Andariel.

Who thought of this shit? Wasn't there some guy at North who tested this and said to Brevik and other retards, hey listen you fucking faggots, the sets are fucking horrible, fix them so people wouldn't charsi it you dumb fucks. And what's the point of level 14 set that drops at Hell Baal and I can't twink it to my other char? Do you expect me to play the game a trillion times so one time it drops from a fucking Quill Rat?
>>
File: 1442553201942.jpg (48KB, 585x668px) Image search: [Google]
1442553201942.jpg
48KB, 585x668px
>>4212439
>Do you expect me to play the game a trillion times so one time it drops from a fucking Quill Rat?

Oh yes, this is another thing.

I remember reading an interview with Brevik or some other imbecile who made this game, saying how the stash is intentionally small because they wanted Diablo not to be a hoarding game, but a game where you choose what to keep to make your character perfect.

What a fucking retarded concept.

So it dropped me a Jah rune, but guess what, I have no space for it, so I'm supposed to throw it away, and continue playing the game in hope it will drop again? What a utterly insulting and retarded replay value scheme, nobody is buying into your shit you fucking Blizzard Kike. Spend more money on server space you cheap shit, I ain't waiting for that stuff to drop again.
>>
>>4212439
Because sets were a thing before OP as fuck runewords and uniques were introduced into the game, youngling.
>>
>>4212484
They were even shittier back then and didn't have incomplete set bonuses.
>>
File: d2randomscreenshots.jpg (2MB, 3200x2400px) Image search: [Google]
d2randomscreenshots.jpg
2MB, 3200x2400px
>>4212468
>Jah rune, but guess what, I have no space for it
If you don't need it, and it is less valuable than what you have then it is no loss. Sure you could say that you need it later, but you could say that about any item

You are citing an example of stupidity and hoarding. I have left 3 socket grizwald caddy laying already.

The sets are useful, but most are useless. Grizwald's set is possibly the best/most useful but that is debatable. You have to be absurdly rich to make it legit. I got lucky in 1.09 and had a pair of zod'd Hoz shields. Right when 1.10 came out, they each were worth bajillion HR....I wish I still had them lol.....They were silly. I was never "wealthy" but at that point I knew what I wanted.

My v/t with this getup can tank anything without issue.

Aside from my pile of HR, most of what I have was self found. When you find stuff of "value" you make room.
>>
>>4211765
>not hoarding everything you can thanks to plugY
step your game up senpai you should see my shared stash
>>
>>4212914
I have plugy, but I don't hoard multiple copies of an item. What's the point?
>>
>>4212439
some set items are really good tho I completely forgot how rare death's belt/gloves since it only drops in act 1 both of them give 50 poison/15 all res/75% poison length 30% attack speed and cannot be frozen

I got the belt on my fishy atm cannot be frozen only spawns on a few things its hellza handy
>>
>>4212914
This is so true. I have so many rares stashed away, just in case I need them (I never do).
>>
>>4188225
>Always kept a cold charm to slow and shatter guys
Worth it.
>>
anyone happen to play through wine? i was trying to take screenshots and they don't appear, maybe cause linux don't do pcx or whatever it is?
>>
>>4172404
lol i was stacking that shit from level 1-20 or so, one hitting a lot of stuff, but maybe i was 'lucky', i got like 5-8 pieces of em
>>
>>4213614
the damage ones i mean
>>
>>4213612
reset the screenshot key and/or search for screenshot in the diablo file
>>
>>4213621
aww good idea, but no go
might be a way to use an external program since i have wine in a weird windowed psuedo full screen mode
>>
>>4213652
wait hitting print screen should automatically take a screenshot or at least it does in mint
>>
>>4213673
>wait hitting print screen should automatically take a screenshot or at least it does in mint
It puts it in your diablo 2 folder. It is really sloppy.
>>
>>4213680
yeah, i've been doing find commands and coming up empty(especially on the d2 folder). what format does it save it in? I'll do a find on the whole damn partitition
>>
>>4213680
no I mean on linux mint/ubuntu it makes a camera sound and pops open a small window
>>
>>4213686
ahh, im using debian right now, with minimalistic gui(fluxbox)
might not be doable in my current setup
>>
act 2 and 3 fucking sucks, at least in SP, fuck
>>
>>4213695
At least 2 has Chaos Sanctuary. 3 just has a whole lot of assfuck.
>>
>>4213698
>Chaos Sanctuary
what

but yeah, i hate these little fuckers with knifes in act 3
>>
>>4213691
>fluxbox
suffering from the tism I see
sudo apt-get install shutter problem solved
>>
>>4213703
Jesus fuck I keep getting the names confused
Arcane Sanctuary. It's easy enough to get through.
Act 3, on the other hand, is like Act 2 expect you have to go through all 4 wings of the Arcane Sanctuary and then every single one of the tombs before even getting to Mephisto.
>>
>>4213703
>fuckers with knifes
you know whats really fun/ny casting grim ward chasing the fuckers beating them to death barehanded as a barb all while hitting 6 none stop

berserk, stun, bash, leap attack, concentrate and ww all work without a weapon give a try
>>
>>4213704
>sudo lol
# apt-get install shutter
75 megs of wannabe windows bullshit installed
still nothing
thanks though
>>
>>4213706
>he doesn't have a dedicated character to make Khalim's Will's and store them on the shared stash so he can bee-line the shit that is act 3
Step it up.
>>
>>4213756
I do.
In fact, when I don't feel like it, I just dupe Khalim's Will.
I hate how easy duping is with plugy.
>>
>>4213769
>rused into admitting he's a duper
>>
>>4213784
>caring whether you dupe or not off-ladder
>>
>>4213791
heheh, i was j/k senpai. ever read the bnet posts w/ banned peeps askin' why they banned, i dindu nothing
>>
WEW my fishy is dead in the water lv 33 and I keep getting raped by diablo been on 8 players since half way into act 1 never died act 1 merc too

on 8 players he melted all 9 skillies 6 mages merc and golem with flamecircle and then one shot'd me 4 players I lasted 5 seconds attack him then boom beam'd and no matter what I could not get my body fucking ONE PLAYER skillies were still glass I was able to finally take away 1/4 of his health but once again rape beam'd and sitting on my corpse

I got 50% res(poison is 130) the fuck do I do I clearly remember cheesing it with my last fishy and I'm rockin okish/good gear
>>
>>4213965
Decrepify + clay golem makes any boss fight trivial, especially when you are that overleveled. There are other things you could do to make it even easier, like clay golem management and teleport dodging, but there is no need to make the Diablo fight that complicated.
>>
>>4213965
>not leveling to 24 in act 2 normal so you get decrep

wew lad you dun gufked up
>>
>>4213965
>skeleton mages
What kind of shittymancer are you making? Raise Skeleton, then Skeleton Mastery. Get Golem + Decrepify as soon as possible. Give your merc cold damage of some sort, recast golem/decrep as needed and watch as Diablo withers away.
>>
>>4213965
>being this shit
>>
>>4214147
>Give your merc cold damage of some sort
cold rouge with edge stealth and radiance she kicks ass
>What kind of shittymancer are you making?
the ignoring curses I'm using CE a lot think I need to respec
>>
Damn you all. Its been YEARS since I was finally able to drag myself away from the time vortex that is Diablo 2 and now I want to go back.

I was having a semi-productive life too!

Fuck it, I'm going in. It's been so long, though that I'm out of touch. I want to do a necro, but I don't remember what skills/merc/gear I should go for. All I know is that I want a legion of skeletons to hate fuck my enemies with.

What do I do?
>>
Wow these last 40 or so posts really have been utter shit.

For everyone copying Khalim's Will and not wanting to play the game... are you really too chicken shit to face a couple midgets with knives and buy a fire res helm? Act 3 is not that hard, and the maps are honestly not that long. Map rolls in act 2 generally really suck, I'll give you that, but once you enter the palace it's a cakewalk. At least play the game the way it's meant to. Otherwise you might as well make a "99 to skelly LOL" smallcharm.

For those bitching about sets: sigons is EXTREMELY common in Normap and it pays off at 2 pieces already. Gloves and belt combo kicks ass for every meelee class and bowazon. Belt and boots combo rocks for any range class. The exact same goed for Immortal King in Nightmare (gloves and belt are insanely common) and they hold up to nightmare. The str requirement is a bitch though.

And another thing, does everyone hefe just play cheesy skellymancer and nothing else? At least play Trapsin so you actually have to do something with your vharacter instead of pick your nose and wait for your skellies.

Bunch of weak autists playing this game, honestly.

>>4214423
You grow some balls and play Barbarian. It will build character (literally).
>>
>>4214507
>hold up to nightmare
I meant they hold up well into Hell difficulty.

Also, off the top of my head:
Sanders has incredible stand-alone pieces for its level (gloves and boots), far better than their unique, equal-rarity counterparts.
Natalya's Soul are amazing standalone boots for ANY class,
Trang Oul gloves are the best caster handslot in the game after double upgraded Magefist (and less rare)
ALL the class specific Hell sets are worth hanging on to
Just some example of set items NOT being useless
>>
>>4214507

>You grow some balls and play Barbarian. It will build character (literally).

Explain, please. I recall playing barb before and not enjoying it as much. Maybe I was playing it wrong.
>>
>>4214147
>cold damage on merc
>enemies shatter so you cant ce

do you even necro
>>
I wanna start a barb hc /p8 playthrough when i get home, but i literally never played barb. Any tips on how i should do? Is this stupid?
>>
>>4214679
>Is this stupid
yes... I'm sorry to say but for solo play a barbarian is, by FAR, the hardest character to do. Mainly because he is incredibly gear dependent. That being said, you'll enjoy him in a hc playthrough more than most other characters, simply because of Natural Resistance and Iron Skin.

The main thing is Attack Rating, which, after Nightmare, scales up SO hard, you'll have to put every last point in Dexterity to keep up - and if you do that, you don't have enough Strength for all your good weapons. You have to pray to the RNG gods to get Shadowfang (unique 2h sword) early, or check vendors EVERY single time you're in town for that 20 ias/300 ED Elite sword you want. That's basically how you play Barbarian. Double Swing into Frenzy is your best bet (for HC too, because it gives you maneuverability), and remember to keep charms with AR.

The problem with the balance of the skills (with Barb, but also with Bowazon to a lesser extent) is that all damage and attack bonus is percentage-based. So you'll only hit anything if you have high base ar/damage, which is very rare. If you're planning to play HC anyway, you won't mind overleveling and grinding, so I'd almost say the barb is the best char to do hc on, because you spend a lot of time building your char either way.

>>4214616
Yes, that is the point. They're very difficult. So, if you want to man up, play barb, not necro. Necro is for pussies. That's what I'm getting at.
>>
>>4214507
I actually prefer Frenzy and Dragoon Barbs. Running a meteorb sorc right now though, because I've never tried it before.
>>
>>4214618
I once saw a necro with Phoenix on his merc. I have never facepalmed harder.
>>
>>4214719

Dose you just went on a long point about barb not being a great character and then tell me to just do it. I don't want my first char after a 10 year hiatus to be a pain in the ass.
>>
>>4214852
Make a character who can be reliable without gear, like a sorcerer. A necromancer with raised skeletons and decrep/golem is also a great option for a first, untwinked character. I wouldn't do it because I find it boring, I'd rather cast and move around than stand there and let skellies do everything. But it IS an effective alternative to sorc.
If you don't like casters there are better melee/ranged classes who can get by with shit equipment: assassin (use fade and traps), druid (werewolf makes it easy to leech tons of life and deal decent damage in the process; caster druid is good but focus on the wind spells line), paladin (it doesn't have to be a faggy hammerdin; a holy fire paladin will carry you through normal, for example). Keep in mind that all of these benefit from gearing them up, so you'll eventually be killing the usual suspects when it comes to farming/gearing with these characters. Casters can go naked if you're good at dodging shit.

tl;dr: make a caster first, farm, make whatever else.
>>
>>4214729
Was it a bonemancer at least?
>>
>>4215289
>meelee classes: assassin
Dude a trapsin is a caster. And kickers require insanr amounts of gear
>focus on wind line when making druid caster
Never seen an opinion this wrong.
>>
>>4215289

I looked up the Meteorb and that option does look good. I'd still like to explore a summoning necro.

Does anyone have a description on what skills I should get as well as the merc?
>>
Is full Natalya's set good?
>>
>>4217014
Absolutely
For most fun use chaos runeword with the set
>>
>>4159254
Any one have a problem with the Lord of destruction downloader? Mine keeps stopping because of a "peer to peer networking disabled" error. I have tried compatibility mode administrator mode turn off firewall anti virus and script blockers. Same thing. I have Vanilla D2 patched and running fine. What do I do?
>>
>>4217785
>What do I do?
play d3?
>>
>>4213717
I wear blink mail in that act just so it freezes the little cunts. If you get boxed in by them you can drop near instantly
>>
>>4217785
Stop giving blizzard money and pirate the game.
>>
>>4193520
<3
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.