[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Virtua Fighter 2 (Mega Drive) a good 2D fighting game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: 1.jpg (71KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
71KB, 500x375px
Is Virtua Fighter 2 (Mega Drive) a good 2D fighting game?
>>
It's more alright than good, but its definitely not bad.
>>
>>4159231
It's kind of like Toshinden on the Gameboy, except it has much better competition on the platform, so it doesn't come off as good (GB version of Toshinden was probably the best 2d fighter on the system).
>>
>>4159231
It plays like total shit and doesn't feel like Virtua Fighter at all.
>>
I mean, it's not good, it's a pretty bad inaccurate demake, but compared to the other fighters on the system it's alright.
>>
>>4159245
Never played GB Toshinden, but GB Samurai Shodown was pretty epic desu
>>
>>4159253
KoF was way better and insanely fast as well.
>>
>>4159383
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=927uW11XCkM
>>
>>4159231
Always kind of wanted to try this. Is it easy to beat? Who is best the play as?
>>
>>4159389
>playing fighters vs the cpu
Meh.
>>
>>4159424
When you grow up as a single child it becomes the default way to play
>>
>>4159231
It's a waste of 32 MEGA POWER. It plays well enough, but it's pretty barebones, it even lacks the new Virtua Fighter 2 characters and you can't even tell the last fight (against Dural) is underwater since there's not even a mere rippling water effect like in Labyrinth Zone.

Really pointless port.
>>
>>4159426
So single children have no friends? Interesting.
>>
>>4159435
That has nothing to do with what that anon just said.
>>
>>4159435
Not that are at your beck and call 24/7 whenever you want to play.
>>
Game Gear was the handheld king of 2D fighting games until the NGPC arrived.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSJ4zJ-p1vw

>Fatal Fury Special
>Samurai Shodown
>Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie

All fun games for a handheld system.
>>
>>4159458
Great argument. What exactly, in your own autistic words, do you disagree with?
>>
>>4159457
Wish they included new characters or something. There's no point in playing these if you already own the arcade release.
>>
>>4159231
it was an ok attempt but not good enough.
like it was almost a proof of concept rather than a good remake due to the lacking stages/characters.
>>
>>4159389
>made by Takara

Well, they made Toshinden for GB as well. Obvious reuse of engine, even the graphic style is the same.

I'd say Toshinden has an edge because it managed to translate gameplay elements from the 3d game (even if its just the sidestep and ring out), and did it in a way so it works in 2d. And it had way better music.
>>
>>4159426
This. I'll make a thread someday about what it was like to play vidya as a single child, in a world where playing online was science fiction.
>>
File: kof96gb.png (16KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
kof96gb.png
16KB, 256x224px
>>4159245
SNK ports on GB were better, they were like the Neo Geo Pocket games.
>>
>>4159698
I could get my dad to play MK2 and 3 with me some evenings but he wasn't good so it wasn't much better than just beating up a training dummy.
>>
There is nothing wrong with arcade mode in fighting games in general.
>>
>>4159231
Yes. But I prefer the 3D counterpart. Hell the 3D version was one of my first Saturn games I owned.
>>
Anyone else impressed with the music in Virtua Fighter 2? The Mega Drive sounds so good here. Listen to that beat:

https://youtu.be/noTL09qcg8g
>>
I played this a bit on my Windows 98 system when Genesis emulators were first coming out in the late 90's. Since Genesis games were emulated with 99% accuracy at this time I went through most of the Genesis library.

It's fun. I can see where gamers who were waiting to buy a 5th gen system would be able to enjoy the game. For a Genesis fighting game it looks and plays well.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.