[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rock2 was best map Engi is best class Fuck Medics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

File: 250px-TFC_Boxart.png (112KB, 250x246px) Image search: [Google]
250px-TFC_Boxart.png
112KB, 250x246px
Rock2 was best map
Engi is best class
Fuck Medics
>>
Played this game so damn much
Avanti/Dustbowl best maps
Engi/Demo/Soldier best classes
EMP gernades OP as hell
>>
area_49/run3_R best map
civilian best class
escape best gamemode
>>
Should've made it so scout has the super shotgun and nailgun while medic just has standard ones+a heal grenade instead of conc
>>
Who cares tf2 was better
>>
>>4159381
Not retro.
>>
W A R P A T H
>>
>>4159118

EMP grenade are great, but the problem is that Scouts and Medics need grenade bags a lot more than Engineers do. As Engineer, I let them snag the bags while I camp with a sentry.
>>
>>4159101
>ctrl+f 'concmap_r' ------- 0 of 0

Come on dudes
>>
>>4159531

I'm not good at concing. I play defense because it's easier and it's a lot more fun blowing away attackers with the rocket launcher or minigun than throwing yourself into the enemy base or CP over and over to move the flag a little bit.
>>
>>4159381

Actually it was considered to be casual garbage when it came out. That's why they made the fortress forever mod in response. Ironically tf2 shitters now view their game as "having a high skill cap" compared to overwatch when they're all equally casual.
>>
>>4159992
FF was made before TF2 was released
>>
>>4159381
I bet you complain about TFC being spammy while playing on 32 slot instant respawn servers
>>
>>4159381
TF2 was unironically never good. It was always dumbed down with a lower skill ceiling in the name of muh balance. QWTF and Q3TF/ETF are much better.
>>
>>4159101
But that's correct
If they could make a Rock3 I could probably die happy
>>
>>4159381
TF2 was way worse, the removal of nades alone made it nowhere near as good. Overwatch and Tf2 are hyper casual versions of TFC.

Neotf was the best server side mod, multiguns for engies were sick. I also loved flying the drone around as the soldier.
>>
anyone want to play a round or two?
>>
>>4159992
TF2 takes way more skill than Overwatch

lots of Overwatch characters have "I win" buttons in either abilities or ultimates

TF2 doesn't
>>
>>4163203
>ubercharge
>>
File: 1501545367842.gif (76KB, 417x417px) Image search: [Google]
1501545367842.gif
76KB, 417x417px
>>4163414
Ubercharge is one or two times per round and can work with the whole team, and it requires the medic (one of the heaviest picked classes) to stay alive and encourages teamwork.
>>
>>4163163

Man, I haven't played since last year.

The Botbusters server was great for warmups when logging in or when Funhouse decides to vote extend Avanti or that urban-themed CP map they love for an hour. Is Botbusters still up?
>>
>>4159992
>>4163203
>>4163421
This board contains people who think Doom is a hard game.

Seriously, why does it matter if it's casual or whatever the fuck? It's a dickwaving contest that probably starts somewhere around Quakeworld/Quake 3, if we're going to set up any metric at all.

TF2 still had tight mechanics and decent room to play around with. Most of you probably wouldn't have the game sense to play a decent Spy (and I don't mean pubstomper), a good Pyro (and I don't mean W+M1), land solid pipes as Demo, juggle with Soldier, etc.

Same with Overwatch, Tracer/Genji/Pharah/Widowmaker/McCree also exist if you want to challenge yourself. Are they easier to play than Quake/UT99? Who gives a fuck.
>>
>>4164359
I won a 3v3 koth tournament using a spy A 3 VS 3 my spy game was on fucking point when I used to play. TF2 spy is also the easiest shit ever too you had to be a lot more creative in TFC when trying to be a spy no fucking OP gear like the deadringer in tfc. TF2 is a fun game but its still a steaming pile of fucking garbage compared to TFC, nothing in TF2 takes as much skill as cooking a nade or timing a conc jump. nades brought a lot of balance to the game engineers had to actually put their turrets in goofy spots to take people by surprise so their turret doesnt instantly get spammed out by nades. TF2 the turrets are always in the same fucking place because there is a sweet spot for them because you dont have to worry about nades.
>>
>>4159101
I really, really miss the map roster of TFC but I really like the classes and weapons of launch TF2
>>
>>4159392
So what? If it's not badly aged crap on quake engine it's worse?
>>
File: 1470934831698.gif (264KB, 320x143px) Image search: [Google]
1470934831698.gif
264KB, 320x143px
>>4159101
>Fuck Medics
>>
>>4165358

I enjoy blowing up and gunning down you annoying little fucks and when friendly ones capture the enemy flag.
>>
>>4165342
see >>4160006
>>
>>4164781
>TF2 the turrets are always in the same fucking place because there is a sweet spot for them because you dont have to worry about nades.
Demomen, Soldiers, and Spy with coordination, and, of course, the Ubercharge, all shit on the Engineer's sentry. If you go into a pub where people have the memory of a goldfish, walk behind a corner and get destroyed, sure, your sentry can get +30 kills and not get destroyed. But the Engie in TF2 has a fuckton of counters and when his Sentry *does* fall, he is really difficult to redeploy with. Engie is great at holding the point (hint: that's what "defense" classes are about), but have massive issues with redeployment because of how long it takes. Then again, the game is called 'Team" Fortress and it's based on the idea that big thigns like a deployed Heavy/Soldier + Medic combo or an entire Engineer nest should be dismantled as a team.
>when trying to be a spy no fucking OP gear like the deadringer in tfc
Confirmed for not knowing what you're talking about. Spy's "OP" gear doesn't make anyone complain except pubbies, and pubby complaining was what nerfed the Pyro, one of the worst classes in the game already. It doesn't utterly dominate every game. Spies don't exclusively pick the Dead Ringer and never did; it has as much room and place next to the Cloak and Dagger and the regular watch. Spy has historically been one of the weaker classes, completely unviable in 6v6, relegated into a gun-heavy role in HL 9v9, and every class can pubstomp your typical 12v12, so the Spy is literally only there for flavor. Spy in TF2 is a role where you provide intel to your team and then sacrifice a shitty support class to score a vital pick like the Medic, Sniper, or Engineer + nest (and the latter is a big maybe). Only in pubs do you pull off 6-man chain stabs on the payload or stairstab unaware people.

Don't accuse the game of not having any depth when you're just spouting hearsay about it. Dead Ringer is a bad design, but not "OP".
>>
>>4165651
it does have depth just not as much as TFC confirmed for being a tf2 furfaggot that has never played tfc
>>
who /Drippy's2fort/ here
>>
>>4165651
you stupid fuck way to completely miss the point of what I said,the turret in Tf2 is always going to be placed in the same location like tucked in the corner before the second capture point on dustbowl, in TFC sentry spots get naded to shit and the engineer still takes just as long to get set up you're arguing with me and yet sound as if you have never played TFC before.

Dead ringer is so OP i dont know if they have changed it but it used to extinguish flames turning the spy from a support role into an effective combat role you can run right into a pyro head on empty 6 rounds into him with the regular pistol then extinguish yourself and survive. You could never pull off something that stupid in TFC, 90% damage reduction is ridiculous too.
>>
>>4166087
>turning the spy from a support role into an effective combat role
If that were the case, you'd see the Spy actually be picked in favor of Scout or Soldier in competitive modes. But you don't. You don't even run Spy in favor of Sniper, who is a much more reliable character for scoring picks when needed, or even Engineer, or anything else. Spy fills a niche that isn't needed in most environments and is too easily countered by players; Valve wants you to pick Spy for a single round, shake things up, and then switch to something else.

At most, the Dead Ringer lets you stomp pubs easier (wow, you shit on bads, you go, girl) or play Gunspy, which is like a second Sniper for your Highlander team - with less damage and less range.

The DR makes you extremely predictable. It isn't really used for recon and support, true. All you can do in an aware environment with the DR is stick to the flanks and poke people with your Ambassador. It's not a good watch for recon. It does make you stronger in combat, but not nearly enough so as to be "OP". It's convenient and unlocks a different playstyle, but nothing groundbreaking. Spy in TF2 is historically a bad class.
>you're arguing with me and yet sound as if you have never played TFC before.
I have. I just don't see the difference between having typical sentry spots naded to shit and having those typical sentry spots Sticky Bombed to shit. Or Ubered against. Or Rocket Launchered. At most, you have to employ actual counter-classes instead of everyone having the same nades.

Sure, the maps are built in such a way that there are always going to be more or less efficient spots for your sentry. You still, however, can sometimes need an attack Engineer (you can run him in 5CP or, ofc, in Highlander) and then your Sentry placement becomes way more flexible. Also there's the Mini-Sentry, which lends itself to being put haphazardly on the map; deployed quickly and often relocated. That forces improvization.
>>
>>4166087
>Dead ringer is so OP i dont know if they have changed it but it used to extinguish flames turning the spy from a support role into an effective combat role you can run right into a pyro head on empty 6 rounds into him with the regular pistol then extinguish yourself and survive
You are not going to empty 6 rounds into a Pyro without retaliation if he isn't unconscious. Likely, he's running around with overheal due to how Pyro nowadays is pretty shit at ambushes and better for sticking around with your combo to provide airblast, extinguishing and flare poke.

Oh, and if you get into a duel with said Pyro - say, in a pub environment - he probably will just get the fuck out the moment he realizes you are too far away for him to handle. If you are, however, in close quarters, he will light you up first and then you have to DR preemptively, while the Pyro is still on your tail. Unless you can juke his Flamethrower, which isn't hard because he can just swing it in an arc and relight everything in a radius around him, you will be relit and then you're on fire, rapidly losing HP in spite of the damage reduction, rapidly losing cloak (because DR's invisibility period is shit) and aren't doing anything.

Regardless of what watch you play, Spy's role doesn't change. You disrupt, distract and try to score picks against their Sniper or Medic. Other classes will shit on you because of how the community has learned to play against Spy.
>>
>>4166191
dr does make you predictable but that doesnt matter when your revolver is powerful enough to take down any class before they can take you down. They might be aware of a dead ringer spy but they dont know where you will decloak if its in front or behind you will still always have the advantage. I mentioned the 3v3 tournament because a spy shouldnt work ever with that few people yet I managed to shit all over the metagamers. Meta is for low skill faggots who need a crutch. When you're a god of fps you play how you want and dont listen to shitters even if there is an "objetcively" better way of doing something you dont need to worry about that cause you can still shit on people with the worst class. I got to global elite on CSGO buying a deagle every pistol round. I was just at the top of the Paladins leaderboard before I quit playing that game too. Its an overwatch ripoff but way better than overwatch.

You're missing the point though the point was TFC had a higher skill ceiling. I brought up the dead ringer because it makes the spy easy as hell, I dont know how you can think its bad when you can literally kill anyone you want and survive with the regular pistol and that fucking insane 90% damage reduction. Doesn't matter if it makes a loud zap if I keep my crosshair on you the whole time you still have to guess and I can unload 6 shots into you before you can even react.
>>
>>4166207
the community sucks, every game community sucks, nobody is a challenge for me. I like TFC because theres a bunch of methd out characters flying around the map high on conc nades its fast as hell and actually a decent challenge. FPS now a day is way too fucking easy
>>
>>4166292
>and I can unload 6 shots into you before you can even react.
Shows how much you know given that Razorback, a sniper unlock, is banned in competitive. Why? Because it blocks backstabs, so the Sniper can't be picked by Spy. But can't the Spy just kill the sniper with a pistol, you'd ask? No, because Snipers run around overhealed due to Medic and even a godlike Gunspy with an Ambassador has to take 3-4 shots to kill such a Sniper, which gives him enough time to either run away and call his team or to simply snap back at you and instantly end your life with a 150 HP headshot. Or, well, you can also just Dead Ringer it, but then you wasted a DR charge, the Sniper is still not dead and is probably healed, and you have to try again while you're completely slow and ineffective.

Wow, this OP Spy with an OP item that you speak of has to rely on a "meta crutch" (i.e. a Razorback ban) to be able to perform his job against his own counter! Of course, you are probably smarter and better than any of those Plat TF2 players that literally are unable, by the rules of the game as shipped, to deal with this particular roadblock.
>>
>>4159101
>muh secret boys club
>>
>>4159101

Would you say that Rock2 rocks, OP?
>>
>>4161527
Oh please, im not gonna argue about the class specific nades but frag nades were just a cheap way of getting kills, them being insta explode on contact.

>>4160361
The only things tfc had that tf2 didnt was bunny hopping.
>>
>>4164781
TFC spy was useless though. You could always just blow up the buildings easier as a soldier or even heavy. And its just as easy to find a disguised spy as it is in TF2.
>>
>>4163163
>>4164227
There should be a annual week-long (or weekend at least) TFC reunion event.
>>
File: 1202804-ezquake001small.jpg (35KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1202804-ezquake001small.jpg
35KB, 640x480px
There's some folks that play Team Fortress for Quake every friday in the evenings (US), I found them on a server by chance. That was cool because I didn't play it back in the day. Still haven't played TFC though.
>>
>>4167178

In a usual 5v5 pickup he is because of the small amount of players, but in large pubs, he can cause a lot of chaos. A Spy can disable sentries with his grenades, then grab and carry the flag long enough to make it easier for Scouts and Medics to inch it through the base.

If you want some examples of a Spy's potential, play maps where a barrier has to be disabled, like shutdown 2 or openfire_lg. A Spy can sneak into the base while the barriers in those maps are disabled and toss it past the barriers, making it much easier for Scouts and Medics to start the process of moving it out of the base.

In Rock2, a Spy can easily sneak in with a disguise while going through the yard entrance after it's been detpacked. Have him carry the keycard past the library area (with disabled sentries and the Spy's durability, this is possible) and your attackers will have a much easier time.

There's also the classic Warpath rampage, where a Spy can wreck the sentries in the enemy's base, then carry the flag and chuck it out of the pit so that the Scouts and Medics can easily snag it. The only way to stop it is to have someone bodyblocking the path out of the flagroom (which is what I usually do when playing Warpath).
>>
>>4167385

TFC was a perfect evolution of TF. They did absolutely everything right.
>>
>>4167172
Random crits are worse
>>
>>4167385
I thought TF1 was a Sunday thing
>>
hunted best map
engi is best class
fuck demomen
>>
>>4167528

Shit, I meant Badlands, not Warpath.
>>
>>4164359
I used to have sick pipe aim, but I really lost interest after MYM, is it worth playing still?
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.