[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which metal slug is most fair?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: images.jpg (8KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 300x168px
and does that make it the best one? I remember some of the games being pretty quarter hungry. might wanna get tistic on it.
>>
>>4158765
the first one, each game gets slightly harder than the last except 4 which is just bullshit.
>>
File: S60th.jpg (28KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
S60th.jpg
28KB, 320x240px
>>4158806
shit just realized I left my name as op from the last time I made a thread sorry about that.
>>
>>4158806
5 is also an easier one, but it's less stupid than 4.

3 is IMO the hardest one due to the hugelong final mission.
>>
>>4158765
They're all shit, play some Contra.
>>
>>4158941
How can one person be this wrong? Were you molested as a child?
>>
File: MARCO win.jpg (236KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
MARCO win.jpg
236KB, 800x600px
>>4158765
1, 2, X, and 3 are the ones worth 1ccing.

3 is the most challenging but I would not call it "unfair" as at a certain point I realized that every single challenge in the game can be beaten with just your pistol. LET THAT SINK IN. The game you see as oh so very difficult and impossible being that easy. The games were PLAY-TESTED like that. You really just need to figure out what to do in certain situations and work on your reflexes and movement. And don't be afraid to use your grenades at certain parts instead of saving them all for the boss.

Technically all of the metal slugs can be 1cc'd but we all know they're not really worth it. But if you're gonna 1cc one of the post-3 ones then 6 would be the easiest (but also boringest)
>>
Metal Slug 1 is the most balanced and fair of the lot. Its sequels loaded up on gimmicks and gotcha-moments.
>>
File: DCOSjyfU0AAmT5S.jpg (234KB, 1000x1586px) Image search: [Google]
DCOSjyfU0AAmT5S.jpg
234KB, 1000x1586px
At a certain point as well, you'll come to find comfort in the difficulty of the game and really come to terms with just what video games really should be.

Video games are meant to present you with a challenge for you to overcome. The easier the challenge the quicker you''ll be done with a game...

So if you were to make a new metal slug the last thing you would want to do is make it easy as everyone would be able to overcome your challenge pretty quickly.

>>4159013
What gotcha-moments?
>>
File: slug05t.jpg (123KB, 632x470px) Image search: [Google]
slug05t.jpg
123KB, 632x470px
>>4159013
And I'm not sure exactly what "gimmicks" you're talking about! Everything's still "position yourself and shoot". If you're irked by the new slugs then no one's forcing you to use any of them. In any case you really shouldn't be making up excuses for not actually trying and blame the game itself rather than your own incompetency.
>>
>>4159052
>getting hopping laser robot thing
>immediately overload it by accident
I hate everything especially myself
>>
1 is the easiest I think. It's the shortest at least. I've beaten metal slug 3 a few times with out dying on real hardware.
>>
File: Sol.gif (162KB, 222x175px) Image search: [Google]
Sol.gif
162KB, 222x175px
>>4158989
>I would not call it "unfair"
*charges yellow RNG beams*
>>
>>4159641
There hitboxes are smaller than you think probably. It's dodgeable. That attack is pretty fucking bullshit though.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.