[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DOSBOX PROBLEMS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

Ive made sure all this works and it still doesnt, what gives /vr/?
>>
>>4158779
how do i map z to my games folder?
>>
>>4158764
what exactly are you trying to do? DOS is piss easy, and you DO realize that DOSbox supports drag and drop right? so just get your game/application folder (or straight up program) and drag it into the DOSbox icon. Here are some common commands

to change drives just type it
ex:
c:\
a:\

to change to a subdirectory use CD
ex:
cd c:\example\test
this will take you to the "test" folder
to change back type
cd c:\

to copy files type COPY
ex:

copy c:\example\test\program.exe a:\
this'll copy program.exe to drive a:\ which would normally be a floppy drive on real hardware

just apply this to everything else

del is for delete
ren is for renaming
ex: ren program.exe testpro.exe
>>
>>4158802
whoops, I forgot an important one

to see all the files inside of a directory, use dir

ex:
dir c:\example\test

to get a better view type dir /w
>>
by the way, what if i download gog games, but want to play them on my own dosbox. no problems?
>>
>>4158817
gog games are modified to work on modern windows. they don't work on old OSes anymore
>>
>>4158825
im talking about games from early 90s
they come with dosbox, and launch in dosbox
>>
>>4158830
?????????
why though? at any rate you do that by dragging in the original DOS application into YOUR DOSbox icon.
>>
>>4158834
ah, i dont think they even have regular game exe. must be impossible then
>>
>>4158838
post a screenshot of the game folder
>>
Your main problem is probably that you're not in the directory you're trying to run the application from. I don't know what DOWN~MTG is, just type "cd downloads" then "cd civ" then "civ" if that is indeed the location and name of the executable.

I'd recommend creating a directory architecture for your dos virtual drive that has all 8 character folder names or less, makes navigating much easier.
>>
>>4158764
First put the game folder to a simple path like
C:\Games\Civ
this will save you lots of trouble.

Then start Dosbox and type those commands in order:
>mount c c:\Games\civ
>c:
>civ
and it should start the game. Or you can simply drag the game exe onto a dosbox shortcut.
>>
>>4158842
or he could just drag and drop
>>
File: 1492265551610[2].jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1492265551610[2].jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>4158845
He COULD just download a bundled package from GOG. He COULD build a retro gaming PC. What he seems to be asking how to do though is use a command line in DOSbox.
>>
File: db.png (12KB, 246x467px) Image search: [Google]
db.png
12KB, 246x467px
>>4158841
>>
>>4158872
Look into the UNDEROM1 folder.
>>
>>4158879
ye i did, none of them has any executable. thanks for help anyway
>>
>>4158882
Open the game.gog file with 7zip and extract the content into the underom1 folder.
>>
File: Untitled.png (17KB, 635x340px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
17KB, 635x340px
>>4158884
o shit, cheers mate
>>
>>4158817
for what purpose??
>>
>>4158764
>Ive made sure all this works
>and it still doesnt
Found your problem. Retardation. Also you need the correct path and file name.

>>4158802
Fucking kek. Did you even look at the picture winbaby?
>>
File: thing11.png (18KB, 648x427px) Image search: [Google]
thing11.png
18KB, 648x427px
>>4158764
I'm not sure why you're trying to mount your Wine drives. I'd suggest keeping your DOS games somewhere othert than your Wine directory, not like Wine can do anything with DOS stuff anyway. Keep it somewhere simple, not a hidden directory.

Check my simple example in my pic. I keep my DOS games under my home directory then /games/DOS, so it's a very simple location to mount in Dosbox.

Also, don't try to remap Z:, that's set aside for a reason, use C: or another driver letter other than A: or B:
>>
File: fake dos shell.jpg (84KB, 1024x649px) Image search: [Google]
fake dos shell.jpg
84KB, 1024x649px
>>4160342
>>4158843
He should just use a GUI program for dosbox if he can't even find the right directories. And yeah, shouldn't mount anything on Z: drive.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.