[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Classic Game Fest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1839.png (114KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1839.png
114KB, 400x400px
Anyone here go to this thing?

It was alright. The damage was like 200 dollars. I shouldn't have started collecting. But I did have fun.
>>
>buying shit at a convention
let's see what 200 bought you
>>
>>4158732
I'm at work, so I can't take photos and the prices are based on memory. And yeah, I know I could've gotten better deals online, but I'm an impulsive faggot. My friend managed to somehow buy only one shirt and Megaman 8.

Metroid NES $25 (later saw it at another booth for 16, felt like a moron)
Castlevania NES for like, 20.
Adventures of Lolo NES, like 20, my friend beat it for the first time his weekend
Adventures of Lolo 2, 30 bucks
Rygar, 8 bucks (friend recommended it)
6 NES games for 20 (Totally Rad, Wizards and Warriors, Ironsword, Solstice, Mickey's Mousecapade and some other game, fuck)
5 dollars of Marble Madness NES
The Smurf's Nightmare GBC for 8 bucks
Super Mario World 20 bucks
Super Mario All-Stars 20 bucks
FF: Mystic Quest with Manual and Map 15 bucks
Super Smash Bros 40 bucks (the game looks pristine except that "Clay" wrote his name on it)
Tonic Trouble 8 bucks
Q*Bert PS1 for like 8 bucks

I think that's it.
>>
>>4158748
I suppose that's not TOO bad all-in-all. That 6/20 deal you got was pretty nice really and your buddy was right to recommend Rygar that was a favorite of mine back in the day. It's mindblowing that Super Mario World fetches $20 I should have bought a hundred copies back in the day.
>>
>>4158835
I remembered the last game I got in that deal, it was Time Lord.

And yeah, I was gonna buy the All Stars + World one, but it was 60 so when I saw it was 40 for both carts separately, I figured it was fine.

I guess no one else went then? I don't mind if y'all just post any random buys then.
>>
Should've spent that 200 on flashcarts and been done with it.
>>
>>4159116
That shit never works for me man, the only pirated games I've ever gotten to work were on disc consoles
>>
>>4159116
I actually have SNES flashcart. It has All Stars on it, but eh.

I use it for the carts that are 200 dollars like Earthbound and Evo.
>>
>>4158730
I got some controllers and autistic shirts and other crap, no games. Mostly flash cart/multi cart master race nowadays. Schedule has a coupon for 1 free game (9.99 or less) from the local brick and mortar, which knowing them probably means something Top Gun-tier if I'm lucky.

I watched Billy Mitchell play the first level of Ms Pac-Man, which was actually pretty interesting.

Couple years ago the speakers included guys like Richard Garriot and Howard Scott Warshaw. This year's lineup of YouTubers and indie devs and the Reddit Player One guy wasn't as interesting. Could be my imagination but the merchandise seems to skew more and more towards stuff that's been in Smash Bros (including Mega Man, Street Fighter etc). Far more FNAF or even Deadpool swag than Castlevania or Ninja Gaiden. Guy had a table full of Shadowgate merchandise but it didn't look like it was moving.
>>
>>4159209
I did not see the Shadowgate guy. Retro merch is always kind of weird. I bought a Kirby and Tetris shirt, so I guess I'm part of the problem.

I never watch any panels. Honestly, conventions like this always seem like an excuse to meet friends and spend loads of money.
>>
File: 20170730_203842.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170730_203842.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
I did! Got each controller for $1
>>
>>4159701
I gave up on those clearance bins almost immediately. These things work?
>>
>>4159764
You gotta dig senpai.
>>
File: Retroport.jpg (25KB, 400x337px) Image search: [Google]
Retroport.jpg
25KB, 400x337px
Besides the actual /vr/ stuff, I also got a souvenir mug, two shirts, 2 N64 controllers and a 15 dollar copy of Viewtiful Joe.

I also was gonna buy an NES, but I figured transporting it would be a pain. I saw them for 70 bucks, but that was the cheapest. I've been using the Retroport for the SNES, but it can be finicky (I don't know how much worse than an NES itself).
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.