[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What hybrid retro-consoles would you recommend /vr/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 52270998.jpg (41KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
52270998.jpg
41KB, 1200x900px
What hybrid retro-consoles would you recommend /vr/?
>>
>>4158332
Well those aren't even retro consoles. That's modern amalgams that just happen to play retro games.
>>
>>4158332
The only decent one is the NT Mini, but it's way too expensive to justify. Just buy a Wii.
>>
>>4158341
I'm new if you cannot tell. I take it I got some terms wrong. Can you please clear things up for me or point me somewhere that can?
>>
>>4158390
They're just Android emulator boxes with slots for dumping your old games (which is pointless since dumps already exist). You're better off getting a Raspberry Pi and a USB gamepad, or a Wii as mentioned above. It'll be cheaper and a much better experience.
>>
>>4158390
You should ask your wife or maybe her son.
>>
Like others have said, just get a Wii my dude. Put some custom firmware on that bad boy and play whatever the fuck you want.

Google "wii cfw" and see where you end up. It's not as hard as it may sound.
>>
>>4158390
Sorry for these faggots VVVV
>>4158404
>>4159172

Retrons aren't actually retro consoles, just android computers that download the ROM file from the cartridge and then emulate. Point is, you might as well download the ROMS off the internet and just emulate.

There are some clones of the NES, and some consoles that use salvaged Famicom hardware on the inside. Google "famiclone", "Analogue NT", and "AVS"

The sega genesis 3 is shit but they'll be making new genesis's in Brazil soon
>>
>>4159206
>Retrons aren't actually retro consoles
>relating to, reviving, or being the styles and especially the fashions of the past : fashionably nostalgic or old-fashioned
>>
>>4158332
None of them. Quit being poor and buy original consoles + flashcarts and modchips.
>>
>>4158332
I don't believe there are any hybrid retro consoles

>>4158390
We can tell. Use words you know the meaning of and that will clear up a lot.
>>
>>4158332
I'll put it in a simple way. These hybrid retro-consoles you speak of are actually just emulators without roms, and use cartridges as roms. You're basically paying extra to do something you can do for free right now on whatever you used to post here (be it a computer or your phone).
If you wnt to play retro games and don't care about the milesimal delay and not playing on original hardware(and you're better off this way) then just go to any emulation site, download an emulator, some roms, and play whatever game you want... usb controllers can go for 5 bucks. emulation.gametechwiki.com has a nice list of what emulates what.
>>
It depends on how much of a purist you are.

If you're on one extreme end of the scale, then nothing except original hardware paired with a good CRT (like a PVM) will do.

If you're at the opposite end, you'll settle for any low-quality emulator as long as it's "good enough" for you.
>>
>>4158332
>What hybrid retro-consoles would you recommend /vr/?
Wii.
>>
File: 82j.jpg (60KB, 678x399px) Image search: [Google]
82j.jpg
60KB, 678x399px
>>4158332
laseractive
>>
>>4158332
>What hybrid retro-consoles would you recommend /vr/?
Analog NT mini
>>
Did they ever make prototypes of the Sony CD add-on for SNES?
>>
>>4158332
The Analogue NT is the only one I would actually recommend.

I'm looking on buying games for this, the player, and the modules, but I already have a PC Engine SuperGrafx, a Sega Genesis and a Pioneer HLD-X9 LaserDisc player so maybe this is redundant.
I do have ridiculous amounts of money which is why I am looking into buying it.
>>
>>4163072
>>4160875
Sorry, forgot the reply
>>
>>4160875
The capacitors though
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.