[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would Zero had gone berserk if he was found first instead of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Megaman-X-1-armor.jpg (243KB, 750x848px) Image search: [Google]
Megaman-X-1-armor.jpg
243KB, 750x848px
Would Zero had gone berserk if he was found first instead of X, or rather had a Reploid not found him? It seems like he only attacked the group because they were detected to be a creation of Dr. Light (Or based on one in the case of a reploid), so is it possible he'd have been passive/inert without such a target? Was he violent due to his regular programming, or just because a response to "enemies?"

What would Megaman X have looked like had the world been populated with Reploids created using Zero as a base?
>>
He WAS found first by Sigma and infected him with whatever virus.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPlTvJZG2J8
>>
>>4157779
That's what I'm getting at though. Sigma found him, but what if Dr. Cain had found him prior to X? Cain can't be infected by the virus, and creating reploids from Zero would either render the virus inert (Since it's a natural part of Zero's programming) or allow Cain to create a Reploid that isn't affected by the virus.

Also, wasn't Sigma, being a Reploid, based on X's design like all the others?
>>
>>4157782
That's a kickass story for a spinoff
>>
>>4157782
>Also, wasn't Sigma, being a Reploid, based on X's design like all the others?
Yes he was, though Cain's journal does say that Sigma had more advanced circuitry in comparison to other reploids. Sigma was considered to be the most advanced reploid of his time.
>>
Zero and the original maverick virus were both components of Wily's plan to subdue the world. Given how Zero reacts towards Dr. Weil before discovering he's actually human, it's apparent that he is not constrained by the laws of robotics (which are referenced in Dr. Lights notes on X) and would not hesitate to attack whomever discovered and reawakened him, mechanical or organic. This attitude has been officially attributed as being a "programming bug" and the main reason why Wily supposedly sealed him away.
>>4157782
I believe that Zero's schematics are impossible to perfectly replicate, given the failed attempt in X2. Hell, even reploids have problems with the free will given to them by X's designs, and Copy X is further proof that such projects NEED further troubleshooting like the century long diagnostics testing that Dr. Light implemented for X. X and Zero are both described as having designs that are a mystery, and if Zero were to have been found first by Cain and somehow subdued, I doubt that, given the "imperfections" of reploids, such robots based off of him would have immunity to the maverick virus. Zero is still inadvertently spreading the virus all the way up until some time post X6, upon which he seals himself away upon being aware of his contagiousness. It took time and research on Zero in that interim before the elf wars until people were able to create the maverick cure (Mother Elf) from his anti bodies. I doubt Cain would have been able to do so, given that he made no recorded attempt in his lifetime and his track record with reploids wasn't too successful.
>>
>>4157796
I could see it:

>Zero found by Cain, Reploid designs based on Zero instead of X.
>Later, X is found, reactivated, all zero Reploids turn hostile in his presence.
>X hunted down by zero Reploids.
>Game plays out with X making strikes on different Reploid bases and aquiring their power to defeat Zero and end the "Wily" threat, meanwhile, humans and Reploids assume him to be the cause of the X virus when it's really just the dormant Wily virus waking up.
>>
>>4157832
So it wasn't just the virus that caused Zero's behavior?
>>
>>4157850
Its both.
>>
>>4157850
Like >>4157886 said, it's both. The programming bug made him violent, and under the effects of the virus (see his virus empowered boss fight in X5) he is following the prime directive he was designed to do, subdue and destroy.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.