[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one go about using pic related as primarily a cheat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 3425235235234523.jpg (16KB, 300x226px) Image search: [Google]
3425235235234523.jpg
16KB, 300x226px
How does one go about using pic related as primarily a cheat code device, and not a region changing device? I'm only interested in the action replay functionality, is it possible for me on my NTSC-U console to play any of my NTSC-U games and enable cheats for them?

Most videos online talk about how a "pal" game goes on the back and an "import" cart goes on top, and then a boot code is selected.

Does any of that stuff apply if you're just using the passport on the same region for the console and games?
>>
>>4157171
I forgot to add, I'm aware of Gameshark, but that thing is very tedious to use. The first thing that caught my eye with the passport is that there is no "keycode" option like there is on Gameshark. That shit was annoying as fuck.
>>
>>4157176
There are only a hand full of games that need a special keycode. The Zeldas, a few Rare games, Smash 64, and Paper Mario are really the only ones of note.
>>
>>4157480
For the passport?
>>
>>4157171
>How
Follow the instructions
>is it possible
Yes
>for me
Unclear
>Does any of that stuff apply
yes
>>
>>4157840
>Follow the instructions
I know how it works, but I haven't seen anything about using it as a cheat device with the same region games/console.

>Unclear
Ignore that, I'm just wondering if I can boot every single NTSC-U N64 game hooked into the top port of the passport as long as I have an "unprotected" NTSC-U N64 game in the back port of the passport. Nothing else is required, like keycodes or boot codes, right?
>>
>>4157860
>I know how it works
Clearly not. It works exactly the same way with same region carts as different region carts. You need everything to match up. Console, back cart, and top cart. Non matching top carts can be made to match with a code.
>>
>>4158274
>Non matching top carts can be made to match with a code
Are you implying that boot codes are not necessary if using matched regions?
>>
File: vlad the implier.jpg (27KB, 340x360px) Image search: [Google]
vlad the implier.jpg
27KB, 340x360px
>>4158405
No. I'm saying all three bits need to match. You'll need to learn how regions on the N64 work to accomplish what you want to do so do that and then it will all be perfectly clear.
>>
>>4157171
Does this thing work reasonably well for playing PAL games on an NTSC console?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.