[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Saga Frontier

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: SaGa_Frontier_US_box_art.jpg (57KB, 256x255px) Image search: [Google]
SaGa_Frontier_US_box_art.jpg
57KB, 256x255px
I was lurking one day and I noticed that many people here like Saga Frontier, and today I decided to play for the first time.

But as I read about it, I discovered it wasn't the first game of the "Saga" series. Do I need to play the others to properly understand and play Saga Frontier?

Also, does anyone have any advice for a first time player?
>>
File: RetroArch-0710-225924.png (88KB, 1333x1000px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0710-225924.png
88KB, 1333x1000px
>>4156497
>Do I need to play the others to properly understand and play Saga Frontier?
not really. Read the manual if you want, or just look at the controls section.

You should probably stay clear of Lute and Riki for the first run, their routes aren't beginner friendly. If you really get stuck on the others, try http://wiki.rpgclassics.com/index.php?title=SaGa_Frontier
>>
>>4156497
Blue is probably one of the better ways to start off the game, mostly because of how it introduces you to one of the game's important systems: Magic.

It's not a particularly long scenario, and the major thing it really touches on (acquiring the gifts for schools of magic) can be important in other scenarios for characters, but is completely optional for them (just know that you can't do a quest to acquire a gift twice - so getting a gift prevents future characters that join in that scenario from acquiring it).

Red and Emilia are also relatively good starting points. Asellus and T260 are good mid-game ones, simply because they're a bit heavier on more unique mechanics, but not really too out-there.

Don't do Lute's story first (as it's very easy to railroad yourself into the point-of-no-return final dungeon almost as soon as you complete the intro), and Riki will be a bit tricky if you don't really understand how monsters work.

Once you get started on a scenario and get access to travel between regions, generally go to Scrap first, and stop by the bar. It has several characters you can generally recruit in most scenarios.
>>
I played the gameboy ones years ago, and didn't pick up saga frontier till last year. I did not realize they were even related until a friend pointed it out.
>>
No, it's generally considered one of the best entry points into the series next to Final Fantasy Legends 2 and Romancing SaGa 3.
>>
>>4156497
>come to /vr/ for saga general
>this is the only thread up
Damn. I guess it's finally dead. Anyway, no OP you don't need to. Unless you want to play RS3 or the first two Final Fantasy Legend games, Frontier is one of the best games to start with. It gives a good introduction to the basic mechanics that are used throughout the series without throwing anything too tough at you and the scenarios are so short that you cant fuck yourself over with the BR too bad like you can in some of the other games. Generally a good game for gauging whether or not the series is something you'd enjoy.
>>
If this is the new SaGa thread, can anybody tell me who to start with or general suggestions for Romancing SaGa 3?
>>
>>4160607
Avoid Mikhail and possibly Harid for you're first playthrough but I believe every other character is a fine starting choice. There is a greed system in this game so just pick sensible options and avoid asking for money or else you may get locked out of quests. Also just have fun exploring the world and talk to every npc in each town because they can have useful information and unlock other towns/quests
>>
thanks
>>
>>4160607
Just use Katrina. Every other character is a waste of time.
>>
This game was super fun. My advice is enjoy it blind and avoif number 2.
>>
>>4160582
OP here, I was away camping in the countryside with no internet for a week, so I guess nobody was there to look after the thread in case of death.
I'll make a new one once we get some actual info on the Romancing SaGa 3 remaster, the threads slowed down considerably anyway, it's best to take a break for some time instead of having zombie threads.
If you want to make a new one though feel free to do so.
>>4160607
If you start with Harid avoid asking for money rewards until you complete Ward's quest, otherwise due to the Greed Counter you easily get locked of a chain of quests that leads to the Ice Sword, which is possibly the best Great Sword in the game, all other characters have lower Greed Counters so it's harder to get locked out of quests.
>>
>>4156594
>as it's very easy to railroad yourself into the point-of-no-return final dungeon almost as soon as you complete the intro

I was curious about this so I tried. It's very easy to reach Mondo without ever having fought a battle before.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.