[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Conker Twelve Tales

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: conker64-6.jpg (427KB, 1484x1884px) Image search: [Google]
conker64-6.jpg
427KB, 1484x1884px
Did the Twelve Tales Conker ROM ever surface?
>>
>>4156035
Nope its gone forever
>>
>>4156040
FUUUUUUUUUUCK!!! Why did that poor guy have to die on us.
>>
>>4156035
It will be on the N64 Classic.
>>
>>4156060
Fuckin' aye. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this. Let's cross our fingers.
>>
>>4156040

Rare literally uploaded new footage from it like two years ago, looking to be in a very polished state too, they still have it. I would think they're waiting on a Starfox 2 style offer which they can make some money off, though I can't see it coming from Microsoft.
>>
>>4157418
Do you think they would be able to extract the ROM from it? Is it already possible with the existing NES Classic?
>>
>>4157418
It's not finished though.
>>
Rare has it, I doubt it's getting dumped.
>>
>>4157609
What About nintendomad? It has to exist outside Rare.
>>
What's the point of discussing this? It's not like talking about is gonna get the rom dumped. The ROM doesn't exist, but won't for a long time, there's nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>4157614
But he is dead. Do we even know if he really had it or not?
>>
>>4157418
> I would think they're waiting on a Starfox 2 style offer

Starfox 2 was completely finished though. It was just never released because Nintendo thought it would make them look bad since it would be competing with PS1's 3D graphics.

Twelve Tales on the other hand isn't anywhere near complete.
>>
>>4157647
The unfortunate case with it not being complete is that the chances of it ever being released as a commercial product are obviously slim. Even if included as a bonus content thing, like how some early Shadow Warrior builds were released recently along with a free copy of the final game, I'm afraid that a mainstream release would be too risky. You'd get people making stupid complaints like "WHY DOES THIS GAME CRASH SO MUCH, the other games in the compilation don't looks like they fucked up the emulation! 2/10" or "WHY ARE THEY SELLING ME AN UNFINISHED PRODUCT!?" The only hope would be some sort of "RARE Development Archives Collection," which will probably never happen under Microsoft.
>>
>>4157653
It just needs to be dumped by someone outside of rare, beta or not.
>>
>>4157647
I thought they wanted people to be excited for the N64 and thought SF2 would stop people from buying the hot new system that launched with two games.
>>
>>4156060
>>4156064
All youre doing is setting yourselves up for dissapointment
>>
>>4157605
>>4157647

I've always heard it got to about 80% actually, not complete but not far off. If you consider they had a trailer ready for E3 1997 and announced the change of direction April of 1999, that's more than two years of dev time. There's no way they have a game you can play to completion on the rom, obviously, but I reckon it's enough to throw on a compilation.
>>
>>4156051
He died in a fire with all his prototypes?! How tragic!
>>
>>4156060
Not a chance in hell of that happening. The game is incomplete and Rare owns Conker.
>>
>>4157647
Also the team who did that is now at Playtonic and is reserved on the Switch port of Yooka Laylee so if they were to do a port then both Nintendo & Microsoft will have to reach a deal to finish the game, outsource it to Playtonic to finish the game and release the game on the N64 Classic, Switch and XBox One.

It can be done as Minecraft did it, no reason why Conker can't.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.