[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just got a PS1, scph-1001. I stuck Mega Man Legends in it,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (107KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
107KB, 1920x1080px
So I just got a PS1, scph-1001. I stuck Mega Man Legends in it, and I'm finding the audio for some of the dialog skips on occasion, and I occasionally run into ridiculously long load times (like 30-45 seconds during area transitions)

The disc is in pretty good condition. Do you think it could be the lens? I've never cleaned one before and I'm worried about screwing with it. I've also read that early models of the PS1 just had cheap lens in general and that they tend to work better with the console upside down. That seems a little silly and I'm worried it might screw with the disc, but if that's the solution then?

Anyone here have experiences with these models? I have a PSOne, but I wanted one of these models for the composite output on the back for lightgun games
>>
>>4155719
these models are known to overheat and warp the rail the laser travels on, the ghetto fix is being performed in the picture you posted, it's not a meme.
>>
>>4155725

So does that mean the rail is already warped and flipping it upside down softens the issue? Or could I find a way to elevate the ps1 in such a way as to not cover the vents?
>>
>>4155730
supposeably flipping the console over makes it ride on the rails differently, the problem is the internal power supply is located very close to the plastic rails.
>>
Another fix I just recently saw on YouTube is putting a little bit of wd40 on the rails that the laser assembly travels on. Also use some windex on the lens using a q-tip.

Here's the video, just paste this into YouTube: watch?v=tRT98bkJGwU
>>
>stuttering audio
>long load times
Just a 1001 being a 1001. You can replace the entire drive assembly for less than $20 brand new
>>
>>4155776

Thanks! I'll give this a shot. And if it's a no go then I'll look into >>4155795
>>
>>4155719
iirc, you can replace the rails (really, there's a few things you can replace)
cleaning a lens is easy as shit, put a little rubbing alcohol on a q-tip and gently rub it and then let it dry (don't use the other end to dry it)
other things work than rubbing alcohol too, the important bit is that you don't want something that leaves residue

also IIRC, turning the machine upside down doesn't actually harm anything, but don't actually quote me on that.
it's a damn useful trick though, my Dreamcast is making me flip it upside down to work nicely right now (tuned the pot a while ago the last time it gave trouble, kind of don't want to crank it higher), and I had to do that with a PS2 at one point to get it to read things on CD (was fine with DVDs)
but it's also a sign that something needs fixing
>>
Easy to fix. Just open up console and tweek the resistor a few clicks left if I remember right.
>>
>>4155719
it works even better to prop it up vertically on the side, just don't let it fall
>>
Try link related first:
http://dogbreath.de/PS1/LaserAlignment/Laser.html

If you have no joy with this then look at replacing the laser. Contrary to previous advice given DO NOT buy a brand new $20 assembly as chances are it will be a chink knock-off and will last about a week, if that.

Cannibalise a working SCPH-10x (PsOne/slim) console instead. The lasers are legit and a drop-in replacement for the 100x.

HTH
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.