[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions on this beatemvania?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: rcr nes.jpg (86KB, 963x512px) Image search: [Google]
rcr nes.jpg
86KB, 963x512px
Opinions on this beatemvania?
>>
>>4155643
Got a little too redundant for me, but my girlfriend at that time played it to completion and really seemed to like it -- was fun playing it with her too
>>
File: me-irl.gif (76KB, 500x447px) Image search: [Google]
me-irl.gif
76KB, 500x447px
>>4155643
Surely you mean Beltvania.

Good weekend rent, probably only really worth it for co-op though. The stats system's unnecessarily deep iirc; you can just go at it, buy whatever to eat and get a couple of special tech books and beat the game easily anyway
>>
>>4155643
Underground is better desu.
>>
>>4155652
Forgot about being able to pick NPCs up like that

Truly a must-play for the NES imo
>>
They are shit, grinding and exploration don't belong in a beat 'em up
>>
>>4155665
>Truly a must-play for the NES imo
This. I find this game incredibly satisfying for some reason.
Have beat it multiple times over the years and I keep coming back to it.
It's actually a pretty short game though. The only thing really drawing it out is the farming.
>>
One of the best beatemups of it´s time, still great.

I can´t think of any other where you can kick a trash can at an enemy, jump, catch it mid-air and bash them with it.

Then you can pick up your fallen foe and bash a motherfucker with another motherfucker.
>>
File: kunio-GBset.jpg (301KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
kunio-GBset.jpg
301KB, 1200x675px
They are mostly pretty nice. I like the feudal one a lot but a translation would get more people interested on it.
>>
>>4155643
Ganbare Goemon 2 is the superior Famicom Jab & Jog.
>>
>>4155757
It was translated years ago as Technos Samurai.
>>
excellent 8bit beat m up. sprite bog kinda gets annoying but other than that, great game
>>
>>4155643
>beatemvania

I don't grok this beatemvania term you use, but I think that it is an excellent BSR, or BeltScrolleRpiggu as my dad (who worked at Nintendo btw) used to say.

Seriously, though, this game is the tits. What other pre-D&D scrolling fighters have RPG elements?
>>
>>4155643
I think you mean beltemmaniascroller!
>>
>>4155643

Fucking required to get the best-of-the-NES experience.

Triple kick book + Texas Boots, or just the triple weapon strike book + the pipe ftw.
>>
>>4155685
>grinding
You don't have to grind if you're good. If a speedrunner can rock the game in 20 minutes without buying items, you can casually playthrough the game without having to grind.
>>
>>4156068
I don't care about memerunners, I'd rather play a good game famalam
>>
>>4155790
>pre-DD
But this game was released way after Double Dragon.
>>
File: 1500593379618.gif (214KB, 274x249px) Image search: [Google]
1500593379618.gif
214KB, 274x249px
>>4155643
>>4155652
>beatemvania
>Beltvania
>>
>>4156121
>missing the entire point of what I just said
>>
>>4156148
What's a good Fartvania?
>>
>>4155774
Well how about that. Learning new things everyday. Thanks man!
>>
>>4155643
Great game

People need to play the Turbo CD remake. It plays exactly the same but the graphics and sound are much better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhUENyQhsKQ
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.