[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

final fantasy 8

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: images (1).jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
7KB, 259x194px
>be me
>love triple triad. rapidly get good at it
>play it 10000 times
>manage to get like 95% of the possible rare cards in disc 1 just from playing so much. even learn elemental and same rule meta
>by this time my GFs have most skills unlocked too
>do some research. oh..is that so
>spongebob later that day
>my party has autohaste, +40/60% str, 90 triples on str, squall has fucking lionheart, and i still have like 20 cards i can wreck any AI with in triple triad
>keep squall low hp rest of game and watch him omnislash over and over for 2k dmg per hit
>nice game u guys got

cool game i guess
>>
>>4153625
Best one on the PlayStation
>>
>>4153625
>It's a Final Fantasy game that breaks real easy if you exploit it.

They're all like that, kinda sad.
>>
Sound fun to me.
>>
File: ep-8-cap-homer.jpg (16KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
ep-8-cap-homer.jpg
16KB, 320x320px
>>4153625
great game even though I completely slept through the plot twist the first time.
>>
>>4153647
That the whole game starting from disc 2 is Sqall's dying dream?
>>
favorite FF toby honest famygdala
>>
>>4153625
FF8 is hilariously broken. My favorite way to play is to use Enc-None to turn off random encounters, refine the items that bosses drop into magic, and junction the magic to my stats. Since your party never levels up, bosses don't either, but everyone in your party will be super strong since you can refine quite good spells early on.
>>
I sometimes wonder how my life would have turned out without Triple Triad and BoFIII/IV fishing.
>>
>>4153691
Yeah most people have done this for over 10 years now
>>
File: 276350-nobuo_uematsu2.jpg (22KB, 425x292px) Image search: [Google]
276350-nobuo_uematsu2.jpg
22KB, 425x292px
What if the game had a triple triad battle system
>>
>>4153691
That's what I like about it. There are so many ways to play it from not doing anything to keep it challenging to power-levellings to slide right through it.
>>
this game is in badly need of a PC mod that lets you skip most of the story segments, like New Threat for FFVII did. There's too much fluff that kills replayability
>>
>>4153625
Who would of thought that grinding for 1000s of hours would make you strong?
>>
>>4153660
Thats BS. The "he was dead" trope doesnt exist in japanese media, outside of ghost stories.
>>
FF8 pros:
Easily the best FMV direction of the series
Top tier soundtrack (with the sole exception being Eyes on Me)
Graphics looked great for the time
Triple Triad blows every other minigame out of the water
Squall has great character development

FF8 cons:
Story begins a downward spiral after the first disc
Squall is insufferable for the first half of the game
Everyone else is an annoying incompetent buffoon
The Junction System is stupidly broken
Drawing magic should never have been implemented
Eyes on Me is the gayest shit ever

Overall this game could have benefitted most from a remake if only to fix most of the gameplay issues of the original.
>>
I also love triple triad. FF14 obviously not retro has triple triad you can play against npc and other online players. There is also a triple triad game on the final fantasy portal app which is free. Loads of fun you should check it out.
>>
>>4153625

>be me
Kill yourself you piece of shit
>>
Honestly I wish Square would try something like the junction system again. It's a great idea but once you realize how it worked in 8 you could break it so damn easily.

Maybe some combination of the sphere system in X with the junction system but with hard limits to prevent exploitation.

Also Squall got way more good character development than Cloud did. I still think to this day that Squall is the most well-developed main character in a Final Fantasy.
>>
>>4154251
>like New Threat for FFVII did
Im playing this mod now, i think it's really good but it's pissing me off that Aeris became just a back ground character

Where's is her reaction to the videos in Icicle town? where's is her true reaction to seeying cloud in the weelchair? where's is her participation in highwind bridge discussions? Why is she in the highwind if she was in junon, and probably captured? she's an ancient, not a regular avalanche member

i guess it was nice to see her react to Zack in the crater visions during the reunion
>>
>>4153691
Bosses have fixed levels, refusing to level up does not make bosses easier. This is the dumbest meme.
>>
>>4153629
Sounds like 99% of rpgs desu
>>
>>4153978
You would have learned craps and how to get gud at actual fishing
>>
>>4154283
what about totoro
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.