[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Incredible Hulk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Played this for the SNES years ago and couldn t remember anything about it. I played the Genesis version last night and couldn t believe how bad it was. If it was based on some other character I would just say it was a bad action platformer, but moving a green molasses Hulk around helplessly takes things to a new low.
Anyone here enjoy it, finished it, or can explain to me what they were thinking?
>>
>>4152846
music is good. Hulk was a good blockbuster rental
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By3MWwH9YwU
>>
>>4152846
He's gonna what?
He's gonna WHAT??
>>
>>4154182
cum
>>
It would have been better if Hulk's attacks were stronger and/or enemies didn't get knocked back so far when you punched them. Makes it feel like you're fighting a bunch of rubber men with guns. Wolverine: Adamantium Rage had the same problem.
>>
>>4152846
The rabbit hole goes deeper, anon.
I had this for the SNES.
It's five long levels. Fairly challenging in their own right.
The end? The very end boss? The way you beat this game?

Well, I'll set the scenario up. You approach the boss. He's standing there laughing at you.
So you "Hulk mad" on his ass. Wailing on him with everything you got.
Fucker just stands there laughing.....
>Uppercut
He flies off a ledge. GG. You win.

Fucking stupid game.
>>
>>4154210
Hulks attacks are super strong but only if you are in the max health tier, which you can only get by finding secret capsules in levels. Then you can squish them into balls and throw them, bear hug them to death, use the thunder clap, stomp on downed enemies to kill them, jump higher, move faster, stomp from the air to make enemies quake in fear, etc.

One of the demos the game plays when left idle will show you where one of the capsules are.

There's also another type of capsule that allows you to turn into puny Banner. This is useful because there are tons of small passageways were Hulk doesn't fit in. Said passages usually hold health bonuses, so you can stay in max health mode longer.

The way to change back from Banner to Hulk? Get hit.

So it's a really tricky, and very smart platformer where you have to explore each level. Not a mindless wrecking game (which you'd expect from Hulk). My only real problem was that the game never explains the extra button combinations for the many moves you have, so you can never figure out how to do the super moves. Turning to Banner was something like Pause, then press B+C.

tl;dr you think the game is bad because you expect it to play like Rampage when it plays more like Metroid or Turrican.
>>
>>4154182
Hulks gonna hulk.
>>4152846
It may come as a shock to you, but we also had licensed shovelware back then.
>>
It came out of know where too. It was just a random Hulk game for no reason. No movie to tie in or anything.

A Hulk game came out for the PS1 that was equally shitty
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.