[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MAME

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: cache_4099835742.png (930KB, 1024x698px) Image search: [Google]
cache_4099835742.png
930KB, 1024x698px
mame general

talk about shit you guys are playing and your set ups
>>
Mac OSX here. How do I remap the controls on my keyboard? I'm trying to play Super Turbo with a keyboard but the six buttons aren't even there.
>>
>>4152854
press tab you fucking idiot
>>
>>4152867
Thanks, stinky shithead
>>
>>4152836
Won't the joystick and your hand obscure part of the screen? Who the fuck made this
>>
File: 1498693007747.jpg (86KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1498693007747.jpg
86KB, 720x1280px
My son loves Street Fighter 2 and even though I have a SF2 cab in storage I tried to just throw it up on the living room TVPC and I could not quickly mate a rom image with a mame version or get a bundled version to work right with our Xinput controllers in there.

How's that for some shit? I have a romset archived somewhere but I think it's like .703 or something for xmame and another one for mamedroid but I'm seriously considering shelling out the dough for one of those 2tb hard drive preloaded with hyperspin preconfigured complete game collections including disc based consoles with demo videos and the whole nine yards

With what's been happening to the rom sites this year it seems likely that these kind of services will be increasingly unreliable.
>>
>>4152906
just use archive.org's MAME romsets
>>
I'm building a 2 player MAME cabinet

6 button layout, or button?
I'm going to be adding games all the time to it, are there enough games that require all 8 buttons to warrant the extra space on the control panel?
>>
File: F0P53Q2FW39K2HO.MEDIUM[1].jpg (28KB, 288x620px) Image search: [Google]
F0P53Q2FW39K2HO.MEDIUM[1].jpg
28KB, 288x620px
>>4153098
>*or 8 button
god damnit
>>
File: 118124213749.jpg (63KB, 594x205px) Image search: [Google]
118124213749.jpg
63KB, 594x205px
>that game you want to play so bad but is never going to get dumped

what's her name /vr/?
>>
>>4153125
Vertexer I guess
>>
I have v. 0.135, is it normal that almost nothing works?

>Final Fight
>Samurai Shodown IV
>Street Fighter Alpha 3
>Parodius Da
>Waku Waku 7
>Galaga
>Violent Storm
>SOME FILES WERE MISSING LOL

Duh. What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>4154404
The rom needs to match the version of mame. Perhaps there's some front end that progressively tries older and older versions if one fails to load but I don't know of any.
>>
>>4154621
Right. The issue with some of them was about the Mac automatically unzipping stuff in the wrong folder, but others like Violent Storm still won't work, probably for the reason you said.
>>
I want to try all Arcade games but I can't get MAME to work. Is there some preconfigured pack avaiable?
>>
>>4155479
Tell us what's not working. Did you audit all the games?
>>
How the fuck do people on here find MAME so utterly incomprehensible?

1. Stop using your shitty meme version of MAME, that's reason number 1 nothing works because it is based on a version from 10+ years ago when the emulation was half-assed enough to work on the shit hardware you're trying to run it on.

2. Look up the Pleasuredome torrent site. It has everything possible to do with MAME, up to the minute complete sets AND even has complete sets that will work with your outdated shit meme version I already told you not to bother with. Don't bother with shithouse ROM sites that haven't been updated in three years.
>>
I use MAME through Retroarch on an Android phone and it works poorly: everything is way too slow and lagging with distorted music. I have a powerful phone though, and other Retroarch emulators work well. Wat do?
>>
File: dkjuniortate.png (395KB, 671x923px) Image search: [Google]
dkjuniortate.png
395KB, 671x923px
Old laptop running mame on viewsonic pc crt in vertical orientation. Stick is the tes+ for xbox 360/pc
>>
>>4153098
not really. 6 button is enough (maybe a trackball or spinner)
>>
i built a mame cab in 2008. its running winXP but boots directly into mamewah frontend. mame ver 149. wells gardner d9410 27" w avga. still running. love it.
>>
>>4155806
Arcade games do work with FB Alpha though, but not all games are recognized by this one. SF Alpha 2 doesn't work, but SF Alpha 3 does!
>>
i got an old ass version of mame from like 2006 off of some old torrent along time ago that i always end up playing when i get drunk, and i usually end up tard raging cause i can't get raiden to work on the dumb thing and say fugg it and end up playing donky kong or r type leo pretty cool huh.
>>
>>4153098
If you want to play consoles like snes it's handy, though not necessary. You can use alt combinations. I forget what they call the, but example, up and p1 start could be select.
>>
>>4155960
Look up shmup on /vg/. It has pre configured shmup mame.
>>
>>4155489
I just don't know how to set MAME up
>>
File: eS33hqU[1].jpg (64KB, 796x371px) Image search: [Google]
eS33hqU[1].jpg
64KB, 796x371px
So I'm still thinking about doing my mame conversion on my Bally Sente. It only has 2 buttons per side even though its jamma harness has a complete loom so I can probably fully wire the jamma and just leave the additional buttons hanging or attach them to a jpac... But what is the ideal layout?

Pic related seems to be what the most outspoken nerds seem to endorse and is the layout of my modern arcade sticks, matching the arch of your four fingers in a layout

However, growing up nearly every arcade machine but Neo Geo had their buttons in a square layout. I have a NOS SF2:CE panel decal I was thinking of covering up the Magic Sword decal with that has a square layout and X-Arcade uses a square layout I like the looks of that (presumably) is

This seems like it might be kind of nice to play console games on where you're often holding down a shoulder button and for almost everything but Neo Geo.

Speaking of Neo Geo, its button 4 is on the jamma while everything else has its button 4 on its kick harness. JPacs seem to support both but no select button (that Neo Geo slot is blank on its jamma diagram) What's up with that?

I should probably ask this stuff on KLOV or something but fuck it, just idly reflecting atm.
>>
>>4152897
this is one of those raspberry pi arcades, more of a trinket than something to play games on
>>
>>4153125
How self-centered, blind or downright retarded would a person be to not allow a game to be dumped?

No matter how well one can take care of the thing, even if theres no accidents, eventually the board will rot and the game would be impossible to play, let alone dump.

Hoarders like that guy are basically the cancer in retrogaming, unfortunately, like real cancer, you cant just get rid of them...
>>
>>4152854
What you using to run mame on a mac?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.