[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FF rereleases

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

So far I completed FF1, FF4, FF6 and FF7, the first and fourth games on the GBA, FF7 I played on hardware. What are the optimal or at least most convenient way to play the others?

If I play FF2 I plan to play the GBA release, people say you should patch it, but I dont know, I kinda like th SaGa games and FF2 was a bit of a precursor to that.
FF3 has ports on the PSP and DS, I was considering the DS relase, just because I already have the memory on my PSP full with other games.
FFV seems to be good enough on the GBA, dont know if the music took a hit on the porting like FF6, I could just emulate the famicom one with a translation patch.
FF 9 is on steam, that seems tempting enough if the battles get sped up a bit, but given the horrible FF6 android hackjob steam got I fear there might be some catch to that.
>>
The thing is that the FF3 remakes are completely different games from the original due to the fact it can only show 3 enemies on screen at the same time. Due to this fact the battle system had to be totally redesigned. But other than that you ain't missing much, any version is fine. Just avoid the IOS port of FFV.
>>
>>4152272

There are patches for GBA releases to restore the audio. FF7-10 are fine on Steam if you don't mind reading a few guides and installing mods, as most have community patches to restore / correct things that might be missing from those versions.
>>
>>4152272
If you played FFI on GBA you didn't play FFI

FF2 is fine on GBA though
>>
>>4152305

Why? Its the same base game with a prettier paintjob and conveniences that come from the new engine

Whats with FF2 if its the same case?
>>
>>4152397
The most glaring difference is that FF1 on gba has a completely different MP resource for casting spells. It makes the game much much easier.

If you want to play an updated version of FF1 that stays true to the original, try the PS1 version.
>>
1-2 : original NES
3 : original NES or DS remake
4: DS remake
>>
>>4152272
I remember playing FF8 took me a year to complete because I just couldn't get interested in it, so I played it a little at a time, same with FF10.
>>
>>4152486
I like the PSP remake for 4 only because of the added story that occurs after the original game.
>>
>>4152436
>The most glaring difference is that FF1 on gba has a completely different MP resource for casting spells. It makes the game much much easier.
Nigger

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3459/

This one is also nice and compatible with above
https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2958/
>>
>>4152569
Damn. Taking a look at the original spell system reminds me of DnD and wizardry where you have limited charges for each spell
>>
>>4152685
Yep that's obviously where they took inspiration from.
>>
>>4152272
A modded ps2 and a good low res monitor would give you 9, 10, 12 and a gba emulator.
>>
>>4152569
That hack doesn't mimic the original system though. At max level you could only have up to 9 charges of each level of spell (less for high level spells), and the pictures show characters with like 38 charges.

Plus there are a ton of items added to the GBA remake which weren't in the original game... Phoenix Downs for example... The remake is truly easy-mode.
>>
>>4152272
>What are the optimal or at least most convenient way to play the others?

No. SE's remakes, ports and remasters are almost universally shitty. Just play the original versions.

Now, I can understand not wanting to deal with censorship, but you should be able to find ROM hacks to reverse localization changes.
>>
by the way, wich is the best fan translation of FF V? there are 6 different english translations to choose from in RHDN
>>
>>4153227

scrap that, I had the english tab selected in the language options but it still displayed all the other translations for some reason
>>
>>4152272
>>4152287
One note about the remake of FF3: There were some "ultimate" weapons for each job class added to the game, but in the DS version you can only get those weapons by meeting some on-line requirements. Those requirements are now impossible to do because Nintendo killed DS online support. The PSP, Mobile, and Steam versions of FF3 all removed the online features and let you get those weapons without problems.
>>
>>4152685
FF1 was pretty much a straight AD&D ripoff with a few things changed. Even the monsters came straight out of the MM.
>>
Is this the thread to express my unreasonable rage at S-E for not releasing FF3 on the GBA? I mean, fuck! One more game and you'd have the first six main-line games on one system, with a consistent and neat style! But no, it had to be a DS game with shit 3D.

I mean, FF3 is a bad game, but that's not the point. The point is that I am still mad I accidentally washed a pair of jeans containing my Micro and FFV.
>>
>>4153706
That's not true!

Some of them were from Gamma World IIRC.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.