[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Imported Consoles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Meanwhile, in Japanese _vr_.jpg (203KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Meanwhile, in Japanese _vr_.jpg
203KB, 1280x720px
For my fellow /vr/ethren here, how many imported retro consoles do you have (not from your native region)?

I am American and I have an SCPH-5903 which is an NTSC-J console but I bought it from a Filipino immigrant who bought it from the Philippines.
I also have a Famicom, Super Famicom, gold Nintendo 64, Skeleton Saturn, Code Veronica STARS Dreamcast, Neo Geo AES, Neo Geo CD and a PC Engine SuperGrafx with a Super CD-ROM2, they are all from Japan.
And because I am fluent in Japanese, I don't need to use translations but I did region mod some of my consoles just so they can play both North American, European and Japanese games.

I think the only retro consoles I have which aren't imports are my PSOne, Sega Genesis with a Sega CD and 32X, Sega Master System, Super NES and an NES, all from the US.

Don't include handhelds, by the way.

Pic unrelated somewhat but it fits the general theme of imported retro consoles, even if they're not imported in the context of the picture.
>>
Zero. All my consoles were bought locally dirt cheap. Would love an MSX2 though. May resort to buying a CD32 from England.
>>
This strikes me as a rather circlejerky thread.

Reminds me of how I like to post about how I also know Japanese and how I'm moving to Japan next year.
>>
>>4152264
I've got 2 NTSC-J PS1, and an NTSC-J PS2 slim. About half my PS1 library is NTSC-J because the prices on NTSC-U/C games is just getting dumb, and are missing content often times.

region: burgerland
>>
>>4152294
You are still filthy gaijin
>>
>>4152337
Okay.
>>
i have a few pc engines, coregrafxs, and a duo-r. love 'em
>>
>>4152264
>/vr/ethren

Don't say that
>>
>>4152264
A lot of my stuff is imports. Many things used to be released in Japan long before they were in the US so I imported even when it wasn't a cheap option. I've been going to Japan regularly for the last 25-30 years so I've also picked up a lot of spares and stuff I didn't have at the time. I guess I have about 20 types of imported consoles excluding handhelds. And a few variations of most of them and then spares. Not even counting famiclones as a separate type and have a few dozen of those.
>>
My reasoning was that games were released first and at that time less censored from Japan. I got some more systems since from Japan too primarily due to the high cost of things here in the USA. I remember importing the WonderMega once no one wanted one and I always thought the system looked great. My first import system was a launch Super Famicom, which is sadly yellowed as I had no idea oxygen and sunlight would do that to the system, but now that they are so cheap I got another that is not yellowed, but a later model.

Sometimes importing would be my better option for systems, as no one around here is willing or able to do region mods. That's how I got a Japanese 360, a couple of Japanese GameCubes, 2 Japanese Sega Saturns, a couple Japanese PS2s and a PSone. I have the Super CD-ROM^2 but no matching SuperGrafx.

I even got some from other countries other than Japan. Such as my first Dreamcast which was from Asia because at launch they were in short supply. It plays Japanese games but instead of a 33.6k modem of a Japanese model, it just has a terminator which encouraged me to get a broadband adapter instead anyway.

My current 486DX4 came from the UK. All because I regret throwing out mine when I had to move in 2007. It seems like in Europe they kept all the cool old computers.

I was not a handheld gamer, so I avoided them all until recently, but the majority came from Japan.

I have to go with the cheaper option with my income but I need to satiate my video gaming preferences.
>>
>>4152264
My GBA SP is imported from the US, that's it.
>>
Got a Japanese N64 recently and I have an American Nes, which I disabled the region lockout on.
>>
>>4152264
A lot. But it's really nothing worth bragging about.
>>
>>4152264
I don't have too many:
1 Super Famicom
1 White Saturn
1 Zen Black fat PS2
1 PC Engine Duo RX
>>
I owned an NTSC-J PSOne for about half a year, got rid of it only just recently for a chipped SCPH-5552 which I paid £10 for. Got a Pocketstation too, which I love despite it eating batteries like a motherfucker.
>>
>>4152294
Nah. OP just had to shitpost, again, about his latest thrift store find and got called out for the newfriend douche he is by a few. If he was expecting a circle jerk it didn't go so well.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.