[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Castle Wolfenstein

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: wolfenstein2.jpg (32KB, 570x300px) Image search: [Google]
wolfenstein2.jpg
32KB, 570x300px
Anyone play this game released in 1981? any tips?

My mind was blown when I realized I could blow up walls with grenades. I thoroughly enjoy playing it every now and then, regardless of how old it is. The 'atmosphere' and voices and difficulty of the controls make it a good challenge.

Is it better to go stealth? or just kill em all?
>>
I played this one on my C64 back when it was new, and loved it. Beat it, and the sequel, too.

I remember being disappointed in Wolfenstein 3D that all you could do was shoot guys.

I always found stealth to be the better tactic when possible, just watch out for the SS guys because they may see through your disguise and then everyone will be coming at you.

Mmmm... Sauerkraut.
>>
>>4153604
I get the problem when I enter a room and am surrounded by soldiers and can't do shit... what do? No uniforms or anything around.

Are there times when you have to start a new game, or do you just keep trying, hoping to eventually shoot one guy and then make some progress?

Also the SS guys are annoying as fuck when they block the only path and you have no grenades. I end up trying to lure them away from the path I need to take, purposely get caught 3 or 4 times before I can actually make it past one of them.
>>
>>4154092

If you enter a room full of soldiers, back out quickly and run.
I seem to recall you can lure guards away from their station by making noise, too.

And yeah, sometimes you'll just want to start over with a new map. Random level generation can be a bastard.
>>
I've only seen it, never played it. Back then it looked like berzerk clone to me.
>>
>>4154527
its a lot more in-depth, but same basic mechanics of shooting things. The option of stealth is there though - you can get uniforms and the guards won't shoot you. you can search corpses, open chests, throw grenades.

I would say its even more in-depth that wolfenstein 3D considering the ability to search bodies and use grenades, as well as completely destroyable walls
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.