[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I fucking hate this guy so much.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

File: batlin.jpg (226KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
batlin.jpg
226KB, 640x400px
I fucking hate this guy so much.
>>
it sucks that you can murder lord british in cold blood but this son of a bitch gets to live until the story lets you kill him
>>
>>4152093
You don't even get to do that - he fucks up and gets himself killed.
>>
in hindsight, Ultima 7 wasn't all that good
>>
>>4152108
It has a decent story but the gameplay is terrible and a step down from the previous developments.
>>
>>4152084

hi spoony
>>
>that perspective
>>
>>4152163
I never understood it either, just looking at it makes me nauseous.
>>
Reminder that Ultima 1-6 suck ass
>>
>>4152108
>>4152171
So the message I'm getting here is that every Ultima except 8 sucks.
>>
>>4152171
4/5/6 definitely don't suck. 3 also isn't bad.
>>
>>4152108
the real time combat was a crap shoot. Literally, what will the other characters in party do this time? slay the monsters or turn to mince meat? run around doing nothing? drop their shit? find out and reload!
>>
>>4152182
Ultimas 1-7 were all incredible when they came out. Not a single CRPG since Ultima 7 has come close the immense depth of character freedom of U7. They can be really hard to get into for new players nowadays, but that doesn't mean they're bad.
>>
I always prefered the Might and Magic series to the Ultima series.
Combat in the Ultima games is slow, boring and without strategy.
>>
>>4154145
>the immense depth of character freedom of U7.
The what?
Your party members are practically interchangeable.
>>
File: yunna1.gif (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
yunna1.gif
32KB, 400x400px
>>4152094
>>4152093

You guys are cute
>>
>>4154151
Strategy in M&M consist on pressing the quick fight button/key.
Combat in Ultima isn't great but at least you can use positioning in fights.
>>
>>4154151
I love M&M but you have to be delusional to think the combat is strategic.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mi0rchmUHe1qz4rgp.gif (380KB, 245x150px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mi0rchmUHe1qz4rgp.gif
380KB, 245x150px
>>4152084
I didn't know L. Ron Hubbard was in a video game.
>>
>>4154123
t. Millennials that cant finish a game without walkthroughs
>>
File: There_is_a_charm_to_the_boxes.jpg (671KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
There_is_a_charm_to_the_boxes.jpg
671KB, 2592x1944px
>>4152084
In my head cannon, I always thought Batling was granted immortality through The Guardian. I remember it took the Forge of Virtue DLC to activate the event to be able to kill Lord British, but it would still refuse to kill Batlin. I do know if I cast the Armageddon spell, even Batlin survives and confess his allegiance to The Guardian but is dejected that The Guardian wouldn't want to conquer the world now with everyone dead.

>>4152108
>>4152114
>>4152182
>>4153957
>>4154145
I only played the 7s and 8 (and started the Underworld games). I really loved the 7s in their day and still think it was a sort of precursor to the modern Elder Scrolls and Bethesda Fallout games. In those days, I thought it was interesting that you never got to defeat The Guardian, only prevent or stall his arrival, and that was conclusive enough; after some tome to now, I think I would prefer a more conclusive ending.

I only got 8 because I loved the 7 games so much. However, 8 is quite a departure and different from what I was used to, but I still liked it, but nowhere near as much as I did 7, but I did see 8 as sort of a forefather to Diablo which was great.

I copied 6, and I couldn't get into it back then. I think maybe the controls and/or graphics just put me off after having played the 7s.
>>
>>4154175
positioning is very important in MM6 onwards. If you play well you can run circles around your enemies in the dungeons.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.