[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where is my 30th Anniversary remake?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

File: 89146-Phantasy_Star_(Japan)-1.jpg (172KB, 770x680px) Image search: [Google]
89146-Phantasy_Star_(Japan)-1.jpg
172KB, 770x680px
Where is my 30th Anniversary remake?
>>
it's on PS2 and it SUCKS
>>
File: cover4main.jpg (41KB, 250x345px) Image search: [Google]
cover4main.jpg
41KB, 250x345px
>>4151759
Fine then. Where's my IV remake
>>
>>4151770

Might as well remake Chrono Trigger.
>>
>>4151770
(not OP)
Phantasy Star 4 is unironically my favorite game series ever. I've even gone back to the game to check if it's just nostalgia, but I still think it's great. I tried the earlier games and while I like them they are in need of a real remake. Not like porting it to the PSP or some shit, but genuinely making a new game from it. For instance, PS1's first person thing needs to be scraped in favor of traditional movement. PS2's balance needs to be fixed so it doesn't take as much time grinding, or at least allowing good players to cut down on it through skill. PS3 was just a game that tried to do too much and couldn't execute, although I love the concept of multiple generations and the fantasy/sci-fi twist. PS4 is literally the one game that absolutely doesn't need a remake.

/rant
/blog
>>
File: express.gif (9KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
express.gif
9KB, 320x224px
>>4151770
A remake would only ruin it, you know this to be true. This glorious artwork would not make it. The music would be the worst remixes imaginable. The cutscenes would be visual novel style.

If you seriously think a remake would do anything positive for the game after considering Sega's current state, you need a brain transplant.
>>
File: dungeon-scrolling.gif (127KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
dungeon-scrolling.gif
127KB, 256x192px
>>4151940
>PS1's first person thing needs to be scraped in favor of traditional movement.
Look at this homo erectus.
>>
File: maxresdefault-3.jpg (248KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-3.jpg
248KB, 1280x720px
>>4151770
>Wanting the game to be sanitised by some 400lb pansexual pink-haired sjw
>>
>>4151940

The things you want to change about those games are the very things that make them good, you doof
>>
>>4151940
>first person thing needs to be scraped (sic)
Why would they scrap the best part of the game? What good is an RPG if it doesn't have 1st person dungeon crawling?
>>
File: 1495932887915.jpg (41KB, 336x476px) Image search: [Google]
1495932887915.jpg
41KB, 336x476px
>>4151940
>PS1's first person thing needs to be scraped in favor of traditional movement.
>>
>muh remakes
>>
>>4151830

Best way to put it.
>>
File: PS4 ss.webm (1MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
PS4 ss.webm
1MB, 854x480px
>>
>>4151940

First person movement IS traditional movement.
>>
Are there any novels that are like phantasy star?
>>
>>4153056
It's Science Fantasy, so absolutely.
Basically looks around some old bookstores in their SF section and you'll find plenty from the 70s and 80s.
>>
Never.
SEGA cares more about their MMO weeb-bait PSO spin-off than the original games. When they did a 2 hour concert for the 25th anniversery, the old games got a 6 minute medley at the beginning.
>>
>>4152589
m8, we're talking about Sega, not Beamdog. It would only get MORE sexualised. Thing is, it'd also come with shit art style, and all those amazing comic cutscenes would be replaced by visual novel style still portraits. Because that's how you do a JRPG now. Games that previously had real cutscenes now emulate VN-style on purpose.
>>
>>4151830
>Might as well remake Chrono Trigger.
They did that. Twice.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.