[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Storing CRTs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: ydNcwnv.jpg (146KB, 852x570px) Image search: [Google]
ydNcwnv.jpg
146KB, 852x570px
I have a few meme CRT's that I want to store for a few years since I will be moving across the country for work. Are these things finicky on how they are stored? Can they just go in a shed where they will face cold winter temperatures of -20?
>>
Yes. That sounds like a good idea. It's well known that electronics love extreme temperatures and fluxuating conditions.
>>
The how would one store a crt for a period of a few years practically
>>
>>4151439
In a tucked away corner of a lived in space, where temperture is controled . The ideal situation is a guest room.
>>
give it to me, i'll take care of it
>>
>>4151409
I've seen literal bottom-of-the-barrel CRTs stored in sheds with zero electricity or temperature control in places where the summers will regularly be above 90 F for months and the winters will average around 15 F every night for 5+ years and they were fine.
>>
>>4151409
Do you find it necessary to insert the word meme where it doesn't need to be?
>>
>>4151409
They'll be fine. You could always get some boxes and some insulation if you are that worried
>>
Preferably, you'd want to put them somewhere with relatively moderate conditions.

Low or high temperatures aren' -too- bad if you're just storing them, so long as they aren't running in those conditions or facing massive swings inbetween.

I don't have a manual for one of them handy at the moment, but I want to say that the manual for something like the 20F1U lists 30-80f as decent conditions. If you can leave them in a normal living space, or a climate controlled storage locker, that'd be more than enough. An uninsulated/finished garage? Not so much.
>>
>kids from /vr/ unironically treat crts like they're some sort of ancient relic that needs care and constant maintenance
they're just electronics ffs, you can't call owning some old tvs a hobby
>>
>>4151783
>Do you find it necessary to insert the word meme where it doesn't need to be
Don't fall for the meme meme.
>>
>>4151409
My grandfather had a crt stored in his basement for 23 years (he forgot it was there) only discovered it when I was helping him clear out the basement last summer. Thing still works but was infested with spiders.
>>
>>4151909
CRTs do need care though, i fucked up one by setting it right next to a bass amp i had for like a year and a half.
>>
>>4151409
>>4151439
There are temperature controlled storage units. However, I don't know if you'd be willing to shell out the money for it. They aren't expensive, but a few years is quite a while. It might be cheaper to just rebuy them later down the line.
>>
>>4151960
That's common knowledge you shouldn't do that. If you did, you're just a dumbass kid.
They are not some ancient relics that need to sit on 4 pillows.
>>
i like how non-meme/non-hipster/non-kiddo posts get deleted ITT, like some reddit sub
>>
File: 1365097154266.jpg (75KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1365097154266.jpg
75KB, 500x500px
You mean you didn't get a flight case with yours?
>>
>>4151783
PVMs are meme monitors though. Most people can't tell the difference between them and a higher end consumer set but they fawn over them to avoid buyers remorse.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.