[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I play this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 11

File: BoFIVBox.png (457KB, 410x410px) Image search: [Google]
BoFIVBox.png
457KB, 410x410px
Should I play this
>>
Leading experts prefer the third game for better overworld, music and less retarded dragon designs.

But it's a good game, yeah.
>>
File: 61246753_p0.jpg (776KB, 2208x3183px) Image search: [Google]
61246753_p0.jpg
776KB, 2208x3183px
>>4151116
Yeah, one of my favorite games ever made. Great combat system, good story and caste, beautiful art, and a unique soundtrack. My only complaints is it can be too easy for the first 75% of the game and there is some fluff near the end but those shouldn't stop you from playing this great game.
>>
File: Bof4-misc09.jpg (110KB, 575x800px) Image search: [Google]
Bof4-misc09.jpg
110KB, 575x800px
>>4151119
>less retarded dragon designs
What? The dragons in IV are so much cooler then III, they're incredibly unique and not just "giant lizard with wings".
>>
>>4151127
He might be referring to Ryu's dragon form, which is pretty simple in IV. But yeah, the Chinese mythology-inspired dragons in IV are absolutely breathtaking, as is everything in that game. It has some of the best art direction of any game I've ever played.
>>
Never played it but I'm sure that if I did my eyes would be very happy. Game looks as pretty as it can
>>
>>4151116
Should this thread expire like the last did?
>>
>>4151116
Fuck off.
>>
>>4151116
I played all 4 BOF games and this is still my favourite one.
That said, some parts of the game definitely feel unfinished/rushed towards the ending.

Also I will never not be mad about Elina.
>>
File: 16096080_p0.jpg (142KB, 621x667px) Image search: [Google]
16096080_p0.jpg
142KB, 621x667px
>>4152768
I kind of feel the opposite, the game had some unnecessary fluff like finding the medicine for the natives and getting the chicken for that guy. And then there's just stuff that some feel is rushed but I don't feel so like Yuna surviving but i feel it was fully intentional.

>Also I will never not be mad about Elina
None of us ever will.
>>
No one cares about Elina. She's neither a party member, nor a semi-developed character. Only a handful of people "care". It's a forced narrative brought by a handful of fanatics of 4 that portray the scene as the second coming of Christ in terms of character death/sacrifice when there are shitton of similar shit in every BoF game.
>>
ITT: the same shit every goddamn thread, several cucks fellating 4 at full force.

At least, Chrono Trigger is actually good.
>>
File: 52375840_p0.jpg (331KB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
52375840_p0.jpg
331KB, 848x1200px
>>4151116

Yes. Here's why.
>>
>>4152847
What is this abomination?
>>
File: true fix.png (1MB, 1250x750px) Image search: [Google]
true fix.png
1MB, 1250x750px
>>4152835
The scene isn't as impactful for Elina but it's relevance for other characters. Cray and Nina are both people whose connection to Elina is established at the beginning and occurs before the game, Nina is her younger sister and Cray loves her, so their motivation for finding her is clear. For me I feel Cray is actually one of the deepest characters presented in the franchise, maybe even the deepest. He goes through a lot of development, it's almost a shame how much more then anyone else honestly. That scene with Elina is really his defining moment that shows his growth as a character.

Not only that but it really defines how evil Yuna is. Yuna is built up slowly but this moment is where he goes from evil to irredeemable.
>>4152841
Are you seriously pissed people like a game, that people like something you don't?
>>
>>4152847
Careful they ban for saying Katt is the reason to play 2
>>
File: breath-of-fire-iv-screenshot.jpg (62KB, 640x509px) Image search: [Google]
breath-of-fire-iv-screenshot.jpg
62KB, 640x509px
>>4151119
This guy is nuts. III isn't bad, but IV blows it out of the water.

>>4151116
Yes, unquestionably yes. One of the best rpgs of that whole generation.
>>
>>4152851
There was the same fucking thread not a week ago. With the same fucking shit. There's currently one person spamming BoF WEBMs in the WEBM thread. Honestly, people have all the reasons to get pissed. BoF (and especially 4) is way too overrated on /vr/, considering its historically perceived value. It feels like that bunch of pissed fans are centering out now for that.
>>
>>4152874
Chrono Cross shits on it. And it's not even better than Trigger.
>>
>>4152878
0/10

CC is a good game though.
>>
>>4152875
Calm down and try not wasting so much of your time reading threads about games you don't care about. You sound like a mental patient.
>>
>>4152875
Kattfag likes to falseflag as a fan of IV for some reason, he does it to make fans of IV come off as annoying when all he does is post pics of a girl from a game he hates.
>>
>>4152880
Whatever makes you sleep better at night, family, but I think even the likes of CC have factually better critic perception than fucking BoF games.
>>
>>4152885
That's nice. Percentage of popularity by critics doesn't matter to me, I just speak about what I liked. CC was a very good game, but BoFIV was an amazing one.

You don't have to agree with me. We can like different things.
>>
>>4152885
Critics were positive but fans were pretty negative. The game suffered the same problem Xenogears did, Square didn't want to fund it since it wasn't Final Fantasy. I think it turned out better the Xenogears but it still has a lot of problems and overall I find it pretty average in most regards, looks great and maybe the best soundtrack in a game though.
>>
>>4152895
At least it turned out a more finished product than xenoniggers.
>>
>>4152901
Now you're just descending into baby troll territory. No need to have a tantrum over everything.
>>
File: no.png (43KB, 651x473px) Image search: [Google]
no.png
43KB, 651x473px
>>4152909
>>
>>4152920
Was that supposed to convince me you're not trolling?
>>
File: tumblr_luat7x1Iei1qginzlo2_1280.jpg (108KB, 645x460px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_luat7x1Iei1qginzlo2_1280.jpg
108KB, 645x460px
>>4151142
>But yeah, the Chinese mythology-inspired dragons

Just the whole setting in general was a nice change of pace from the standard Medieval Europe. It just feels a lot more mystical.
>>
>>4152768
>I played all 4 BOF games
>>
>>4153132
>BoFV sits in a corner crying
>>
File: low ds.jpg (21KB, 228x191px) Image search: [Google]
low ds.jpg
21KB, 228x191px
>>4152768
>>
>>4152841
>HOW DARE YOU LIKE THING I DONT LIKE

Fuck off back to your containment board.
>>
>>4152841
>At least, Chrono Trigger is actually good.
Only the battle system and the art design, everything else is varying levels of mediocrity however.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.