[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anyway to emulate this? I can't find a decent saturn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

File: PanzerDragoonSaga.jpg (29KB, 253x360px) Image search: [Google]
PanzerDragoonSaga.jpg
29KB, 253x360px
Is there anyway to emulate this? I can't find a decent saturn emulator while the roms exist.

Even if there isn't, is there anyway to make my own copy of the game since sega lost the source code and the game is a collector item making it hard to find outside of the US for a reasonable price.
>>
>>4151086
Best info I can offer is to wait another 5-7 years.
>>
Yabause should work okay if your computer is decent. You can run a burned copy with a Pro Action Replay converted to Pseudo or a mod chip or the swap trick
>>
Mednafen handles Saturn pretty damn well now. The retroarch core is a little bit behind in updates compared to the upstream but you'll get pretty high compatibility and much lower input lag than SSF.

I don't have the roms to test, but a quick look at youtube shows videos running the game perfectly.
>>
File: 1488944186996.jpg (66KB, 707x675px) Image search: [Google]
1488944186996.jpg
66KB, 707x675px
>>4151086
>doesn't know anything about emulators
>begging for spoonfeeding
>saturn rips are "roms"
google you stupid shit
>>
>>4151086
>>4151106
I've played it on an emulator back in 2006, with not a single graphics or sound issue.
>>
>>4151137
I hope I'm never at the stage in life where I shit up a slow board over trivial shit like distinguishing between using proper terminology when referring to ROMs, ISOs, rips and shit.

Saturn emulators are notoriously bad and forums asking questions on how to install and use mod chips or burn CDs are filled with tards like you replying "google it dumbass". This is why retro game forums and boards exist, so that people don't have to dredge through the shit tier responses like your own to get a response to simple questions.
>>
>>4151182
>literally justifying spoonfeeding retards
I hope I never become as plebbit as you, lad.
>>
>>4151182
>LITERALLY begging for spoonfeeding and pathetically trying to justify it
you must be new here
>>
>>4151187
>>4151183
This is /vr/, I'm pretty sure everyone is new here.
>>
Your best bet is mednafen which requires a somewhat decent PC. Keep in mind this is one of the most advanced games on the Saturn and makes really heavy use of the saturn's 3D capabilities, numerous effects, heavy use of infinite planes, transparencies and these are all things that drag on the saturn hardware with some of the more dramatic attacks slowing the game down to single digit FPS.

Frame rate isn't really very important in the game as it's a turn based RPG and there is no point which demands fast reaction time from the player but you must keep in mind that saturn emulation is demanding, and saturn emulation of a game that is already demanding on saturn hardware will likely be exponentially more taxing on your own hardware.

tl;dr try mednafen, ssf, or lean towards real hardware
>>
>>4151137
we all have to start somewhere, we dont learn if we dont ask,
at one stage you knew less than op knows now
>>
Why not just buy a saturn and one of those cheater cart things that goes in the memory card slot of the saturn. Then Play it on real hardware the way it was meant to be played.
A saturn isn't that expensive & the cartridge thing i cant remeber the name of it at the moment is only like 20$
>>
>>4151234
>we dont learn if we dont ask

you learn if you google faggot.
>>
>>4151347
This. ACTION REPLAY is what you want and then you want to soft-mod it using Pseudo Saturn Kai
>>
>>4151191
I'm here because of the nes mini my dad bought me
>>
>>4151086
You can't in a phone, DS or PSP.

That's what most people use.
>>
Real Talk: Why hasn't the Panzer Dragoon series been re-released?
>>
File: IMG_7173.jpg (93KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7173.jpg
93KB, 1280x720px
>>4151519
Because SEGA only wants to milk sonic.
>>
>>4151519
Because Saturn emulators suck and the source code was lost years ago, so they can't easily port it.
>>
>>4151113
>>4151347
>>4151497
>Playing PDS with Pseudo Saturn
Just a word of warning to anyone wanting to do this that the rip needs to be patched otherwise it will not work.

Otherwise, go ahead. It's a great way to enjoy the game in the most authentic way possible other than shelling out silly money for an original copy.
>>
>>4151086
Beat it myself no issues using SSF.
>>
>>4151086
Finished it via emulation over a decade ago. Why are you so retarded?
>>
File: 1394320522089.jpg (71KB, 584x483px) Image search: [Google]
1394320522089.jpg
71KB, 584x483px
I'm not sure how it started, but this meme that saturn emulation is shit just absolutely refuses to die it seems.
>>
>>4151875
emulation is shit, so naturally emulation for a more complicated system is extra shit.
>>
>>4151906
Really fires up the old neurons
>>
>>4151356

Sometimes it's better to get input from actual humans on a message board.

Go drink some tea and think your life over, friend.
>>
>>4151183
>>4151187

>literally
>LITERALLY
>plebbit
>lad

How do you feel when you look in the mirror? Does it make you sad?
>>
>>4151086
Why would you want to? It's just a really boring, forgettable game. Literally one of the most overrated games I've ever played. It's about 10 hours long, there's hardly any story outside of "bad guy wants to find super weapon to take over the world", battles are slow as molasses due to lengthy unskippable attack animations, etc.

I think collectors just started the "greatest RPG ever le hidden gem" meme to drive up the game's price.
>>
>>4152456
Makes me feel good because I don't see you, a subhuman.
>>
>>4151519
They lost the source code and the original team behind Panzer Dragoon disbanded after Orta in 2003.
>>
>>4152720
It's all about the A T M O S P H E R E.

But being a plebeian nigger you wouldn't know that
>>
play it on SSF (12 beta R3 because there's a bug in the Uru underground in beta R4). You might have to fix CD2 if you take it from emuparadise (there's a little program to fix CDs but i don't remember the name). apart from that, it works perfectly
>>
>>4154240
It would be hard to find a bigger atmospherefag than me. I listen to vaporwave unironically and Eraserhead is my favorite movie. But I wasn't really feeling the A E S T H E T I C S from PDS. I agree that the art direction was cool, but a game needs more than that alone.
>>
>>4151508
>>
>>4151182
>Saturn emulators are notoriously bad

again, I've played this and hundreds of other games back in 2006 on SSF, with no problems whatsoever.
>>
>>4152720
>there's hardly any story outside of "bad guy wants to find super weapon to take over the world",

Shit, you summed up every Final Fantasy game I played.
>>
is it possible to play on the jpn version with a guide or is that completely a waste of time?
>>
>>4155846
Which Final Fantasy games have you played? 7 is sort of like that. 9 and 10 don't really follow that format, those are my favorite FF games.

All of the FF games have enough subplots involving your individual party members that the main story never feels like a slog, imo.
>>
>>4151086
SSF should work.

Or just buy a saturn. They're pretty fun
>>
>>4154652
You don't think it's atmospheric that your dragon best bro evolves and visually changes based on your actions and choices in battle?
>>
>>4151086
Was trying to think of why this seemed so familiar -- they made Jet Set Radio after this game
>>
>>4152720
I agree, it tends to be very overrated now. for me this game is a failure but it's worth playing it as a curiosity, for the universe and art
>>
File: Ebola Killer.png (462KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
Ebola Killer.png
462KB, 500x700px
>>4151619
What's the name of the patch or the software you need to patch it with?
Or else...
>>
Tangentially related, but is the old PC version of Panzer Dragoon any good?
>>
>>4158491
It's tolerable
>>
>>4151086
What's your PC configuration anon? A friend had recently successfully complated it on a Win 64 with mediocre hardware.
>>
>>4151086
I tried to figure out the same thing and settled with Omega Boost
>>
>>4151086
a saturn + modchip + pro action replay costs less than a copy of panzer dragoon saga. thats how i do it
>>
>>4160264
why bother with modchips when pseudosaturn kai exists
>>
>>4160374
>play games that don't work with pseudo
>play games without patching
>play games that need the cart slot for something
>not a poorfag underage who can't use a screwdriver
>>
>>4160771
but you're also an underage poorfag for not using a rhea/phoebe
>>
>>4161109
>implying
Stay mad kiddo
>>
>>4151137
>saturn rips are "roms"
Game CDs are literally ROMs
>>
>>4161878
No, they are ISOs!
>>
>>4161878
tru dat
>>
>>4161878
>>4161886
no, they are redumps.
>>
>>4156031
6 and 7, and it was so boring that I haven't bothered with the rest ever since.
>>
>>4161109
>not waiting for the superior Satiator

I tihnk i'll keep my CD drive intact, thanks
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.