[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Video games you'd like to be remastered?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: DSC_0665.jpg (1MB, 1996x2648px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0665.jpg
1MB, 1996x2648px
Mine is Killing Time.
>>
File: weaponlord8ao1_500.gif (128KB, 446x366px) Image search: [Google]
weaponlord8ao1_500.gif
128KB, 446x366px
>>4150448
Mine is Weaponlord. Game kind of tanked because it was overly complicated for fighting fans of the day, but could probably get a great niche following now. Also with today's tech you could make the whole thing look like a moving Frazetta painting which is what I think they were always going for.
>>
>>4150461
>tanked because it was overly complicated
No it tanked because it wasn't Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter

>and it was just kinda shit
>>
>>4150468
That's basically the same thing. Fighters are like that though, because they take so much practice to perfect you tend to stick with one or two rather than play many. So it's hard for new ones to gain traction, specifically in the retro days. Things are much better now with online and high popularity where even niche games can develop large enough player basses to keep them interesting.

Also it's a fantastically designed game that's very deep when you dig into it. It just has animation hiccups and is a bit slow. Namco's Soul games are a sad legacy for it.
>>
Dynamite Headdy would be nice. Sadly it seems to be relatively unknown, despite its high quality. Everyone's too busy memeing over Bubsy.
>>
>>4150448
Is your pic from Killing Time? I'm curious about where it came from.
>>
>>4150538
took from /ic/
>>
>>4150448
>Video games you'd like to be remastered?

None of them. They'll just make half of the original content DLC or Amiibo-driven nonsense or lock it behind some other paywall. Modern remakes, remasters and enhanced ports are always money grabs. About the only remakes or enhanced ports I really care for are Zero Mission and FF Origins, but those occurred in a generation before DLC and all that other shit was forced on the industry.
>>
>>4150579
I bought Metro, Bioshock, and Uncharted remakes on ps4 because I never bothered to play them last gen and they look nice on the newest hardware
>>
>>4150448
If we're talking a 100% faithful remaster that doesn't add stuff and only maybe fixes game breaking bugs then I'd love to see Daggerfall or Arena get a remaster.
>>
>>4150639
daggerfall is a fucking piece of shit im so sick of you bethesda fanboys ultima underworld was the superior first person fantasy game.

>muh huge open world
that doesnt mean shit when every fucking town is the god damn same

>muh dungeons
randomized crap that can cause unsolvable situations
>>
File: 000001.jpg (290KB, 1741x975px) Image search: [Google]
000001.jpg
290KB, 1741x975px
>>4150646
i gree that
>>
>>4150579
>Modern remakes, remasters and enhanced ports are always money grabs

Bionic Command: Rearmed wasn't.

Odin Sphere Lefrasthir (or however the fuck you spell that) wasn't.

Crash N'Sane Trilogy wasn't.

There are a lot of crappy money-grab remakes and ports, yes, but not all remakes are like that.
>>
>>4150690
im getting that crash remake and selling my 3 original playstation copies
>>
File: sega_3d_classics_2.0.jpg (184KB, 956x888px) Image search: [Google]
sega_3d_classics_2.0.jpg
184KB, 956x888px
>>4150579
>Modern remakes, remasters and enhanced ports are always money grabs.

You can call it a money grab if you want, but it's a money grab I was thrilled to be able to buy.

>DLC
lol
>>
>>4150448
Final Fantasy 5 and 6
Not an iOS port, but a full on remake
>>
File: images-14.jpg (14KB, 293x172px) Image search: [Google]
images-14.jpg
14KB, 293x172px
>>4150448
Hopefully one day we can hit the ice again.
Astro turf too.
>>
>>4150646
>le one game is better so you can't play the other meme
you have to go back
>>
>>4150558
So it's just a random image you found? Do you know the artist's blog or anything?
>>
>>4151714
This was a great game.
>>
File: cant-go-fast-no-mo.jpg (72KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
cant-go-fast-no-mo.jpg
72KB, 800x800px
>>4150853
> We'll never get a 3D Classics version of 3&Knuckles
>>
>>4152217
It's so sad the project is over. There are so many games I would have loved to see get that treatment.
>>
Would love to see Legacy of the Wizard get an HD remake / remaster.

Was quite a lovely dungeon exploration / platformer / RPG, but the lack of a map system killed it. Plus the whole "no indication of what you're supposed to do or where you're supposed to go", on top of certain areas requiring you to use a certain character with a certain item equipped.
>>
>>4150639

A "remaster" that doesn't fix the horrible automap interface or the bizarrely awkward dungeon construction algorithm seems a bit pointless. I mean if you're gonna go in there and "improve" things then you might as well actually improve things. The visuals are good enough; it's the UI and some of the programming that need the most work. (Also the sound effects, god those sucked. That part could get remastered too.)
>>
File: pc-43646-51336393174.jpg (206KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
pc-43646-51336393174.jpg
206KB, 1024x768px
>>4150448

I'd kinda like to see Outcast get redone... although the "modern remastering" concept isn't quite what it needs, since it was fine audiovisually, and it didn't really need a more powerful computer for its mechanics. It just needs a lot of weapon rebalancing and probably some polishing up of quests here and there, and a more enjoyable combat system.
>>
>>4150461
Weaponlord was ahead of its time.
>>
>>4152498
>lack of a map system

what do you mean?
>>
>>4152217
>or SoR3 with a proper localization
>or a possible Outrunners port
it hurts
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.