[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here play this? Is it any good? Really love the idea of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 14

File: 33169-Godzilla-Rettoushinkan.jpg (39KB, 367x312px) Image search: [Google]
33169-Godzilla-Rettoushinkan.jpg
39KB, 367x312px
Anyone here play this? Is it any good? Really love the idea of a Godzilla game where you're trying to stop him rather than be him. What are your favorite retro Godzilla games?
>>
File: policenauts-ss.jpg (29KB, 667x600px) Image search: [Google]
policenauts-ss.jpg
29KB, 667x600px
Play this instead
>>
File: Godzilla_NES_ScreenShot3.jpg.gif (5KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
Godzilla_NES_ScreenShot3.jpg.gif
5KB, 256x224px
The only Godzilla game I played was the NES one.
It's not really that good, but I remember playing it, forcing myself to like it when I was a kid, just because it was Godzilla. Ultimately, it let me walk around being Godzilla, that was enough for me back in the day. Fighting the other monsters was cool, but I never beat it.
For some stupid reason, I never played any other Godzilla game, I know there's a pretty cool fighting game on SNES, which I'm planning to play sometime. I also think SNES has some other game like the one you're describing OP (you try to stop him).
The Gamecube fighting games seem like they are a ton of fun, but also never played them. And I tried the new Godzilla game for PS4, it was horrible.

And of course, Godzilla as a boss in Revenge of Shinobi was awesome. A small-scale Godzilla, but still cool.
>>
>>4150398
>Godzilla as a boss in Revenge of Shinobi was awesome.
Don't forget Mechagodzilla in Shinobi 3 as well. They even include the twist from Terror of Mechagodzilla in the fight.
>>
It's not retro but Godzilla Domination on GBA is a ton of simple fun. Basically king of the monsters with Godzilla characters but a more smash bros type moveset instead of KOTM's wrestling mechanics.

Only issues I have with it are that Godzilla is green (but it's western developed and westerners have always thought Godzilla is green for some reason) and all the monsters would be heisei era if they'd gone with Spacegodzilla instead of Megalon.
>>
>>4151975
Godzilla is green though. He's just dark rather than bright green.
>>
File: tmp_23707-91Godzilla1516401849.jpg (129KB, 736x787px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_23707-91Godzilla1516401849.jpg
129KB, 736x787px
>>4152205
No he isn't. He ranges from charcoal grey to almost black depending on what movie you're watching. Godzilla has never appeared as green in any of the movies.
>>
>>4152680
>>4152205
This is the greenest he's ever been, in Godzilla VS Megaguirus. And he's still grey.
>>
>>4151975
This game plays like king of monsters on neo geo. Awesome!
>>
>>4152703
It would be pretty awesome to try it out multiplayer, I think it's four player
>>
File: b70-3177.jpg (165KB, 500x751px) Image search: [Google]
b70-3177.jpg
165KB, 500x751px
>>4151975
He's depicted as green in a lot of American takes of Godzilla because that's what they colored him in the poster for the original movie when it came out in America and that's what most people think of here when they think Godzilla.
>>
>>4151975
>>4152205
Godzilla is grey in the japanese version. They also fixed Mothra's color.
Adding to that, they made Mechagodzilla from the Millennium Series instead of MG2... albeit it looks even more like MG2 that way. They simply added some cannons on its back, similiar to the Super X backpack that MG2 has gotten.

>>4153787
His cartoon depiction also made him green.
Having said that, the cartoon is fucking old. A new, better cartoon came thereafter, years before the game came out. Godzilla '99 also made him grey.
Godzilla's most popular movies are with him being depicted as being grey on the posters.
But I guess general perception is still "godzilla green, kinda" - or was. Way back when.

Godzilla Domination came out with Godzilla Melee. That one features Godzilla 2000, it being rather green.
They likely took that color from him, despite its general design in Domination coming from the Heisei era.

>>4152703
It's better than that, though. Better controls for sure.
As a game, it's pretty lackluster since you only have eight monsters and no unlocks whatsoever.
>>
File: 1454985382555.gif (485KB, 404x300px) Image search: [Google]
1454985382555.gif
485KB, 404x300px
>>4153896
>Godzilla's most popular movies are with him being depicted as being grey on the posters.
That doesn't really matter. The poster for the American release of the first movie is what ingrained the idea of Godzilla being green in America's mind. It could just be done as a way to make him look more visually appealing too because there have been moments in Japan where he's green as well.
>>
>>4153931
Dinosaurs are being depicted as green in the public as well. It's just the most common thing to do since lizards are green, mostly.

>america's mind
Generally.
Having said that, Godzilla isn't called Frankenstein or King Kong either in Germany despite his names being that on the posters.
>>
File: tokyo.png (10KB, 1024x684px) Image search: [Google]
tokyo.png
10KB, 1024x684px
>>4149670
>>
File: Godzilla 2.jpg (52KB, 472x671px) Image search: [Google]
Godzilla 2.jpg
52KB, 472x671px
>>4149670
>Really love the idea of a Godzilla game where you're trying to stop him rather than be him.
I think it's interesting that "Godzilla Chess" was only released in English - I would have thought the Japanese would probably appreciate it more.
>>
>>4150398
I don't know how I beat that one as a kid, it seems completely impossible now.
>>
File: Godzilla2screeeeeen.jpg (31KB, 256x240px) Image search: [Google]
Godzilla2screeeeeen.jpg
31KB, 256x240px
>>4149670
>Really love the idea of a Godzilla game where you're trying to stop him rather than be him.
Well, Godzilla 2: War of the Monsters on NES/Famicom lets you do just that.
>>
>>4156706
Correction: The game was never released for the Famicom in Japan, which is very strange and uncommon. It looks like they would have loved it, seeing as they kept famicom wars for themselves.
>>
>>4156706
>>4156712
Pretty damn weird indeed, this seems like a game aimed for japanese audiences.
Anyway, I wasn't even aware this exists, I only ever knew about the first Goji game on NES. Gonna try it out.
I always wanted Godzilla on Super Robot Wars, so this will scratch that itch.
>>
File: Godzilla 2.jpg (165KB, 512x480px) Image search: [Google]
Godzilla 2.jpg
165KB, 512x480px
>>4156880
Even stranger still, it appears that the developer of the game is currently not known. Maybe it was not released in Japan due to licensing issues? Those are often to blame. Damn those IP lawyers.

Tell us how you liked it!
>>
>>4156917
>Godzilla 2: War of the Monsters
https://www.giantbomb.com/toho-company-ltd/3010-1145/developed/
Wouldn't be the first time Toho developed games themselves.
>>
File: IMG_6125.png (291KB, 422x598px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6125.png
291KB, 422x598px
>>4155743
>Having said that, Godzilla isn't called Frankenstein or King Kong either in Germany despite his names being that on the posters.
Every true fan knows Godzilla was only in one movie and the rest were about Gigantis

In seriousness there are a ton of decent kaiju games but I don't think I've ever played a great one
>>
>>4157128
They were just the publisher, though.
>>
>>4149670
I imported this last year. Honestly? It's impossible to play without knowing Japanese or spending hours translating everything. Sound effects/music are godlike, though. Godzilla 2 NES I found incredibly boring, even if I actually know what's going on. I'd much rather spend time learning the Saturn game. I found the Game Gear game easier to play, although you play as Godzilla destroying the city and other monsters.

>>4151975
>>4153896
Japanese version of Godzilla Domination is the way to go. Not only are the monster colors better as mentioned, it also has three additional game modes like Survival. There's only 6 playable monsters in the game (not even 8!) so it gets boring fairly quickly, but still worth a few hours of your time. Playing as Godzilla with his healing ability can get you pretty far in Survival. Still the best game WayForward has made.
>>
>>4150398
PS4 godzilla would be fine if it had actual objectives in a level, not just the same grind over and over. It's a game that needs some new maps.

>>4153787
West think of Godzilla as a dinosaur. Dinosaurs are green so Godzilla is green. It makes perfect sense.

>>4157152
List? It's hard to find good giant monsters and robot games, too much junk that stops you just wrecking shit.
>>
>>4157728
Ah yes, I forgot. Anguirus and Gigan were considered, but got never in.
Putting Gigan over Megalon would have been better for sure, especially seeing Megalon's design in Domination. It looks like a sad boy with drills.

The japanese version also has a mode where your rage meter is constantly full. Quite fun as well.
It sucks that it's the only decent portable Godzilla game as the one on the DS is some weird 2D... railshooter or something of that sort; which itself was an update to "Kaiju-Oh Godzilla" for the Gameboy. Then again, the NES version was similiar to it.
And that's it. The retro handheld games are all rather mediocre at best.
But.

>>4156917
If anyone even has fun with this, then surely they would love "Giant Monster March" for the Game Gear.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW-NvDouZVo
Sucks it's basically the only video on Youtube.
>>
>>4158291
The game gear game is a nice lite strategy game. I was surprised how well it played, especially after being let down by every GB/GBC Godzilla game. I died to an infinite health space godzilla on the final level which sucked. Fucker was guarding his crystals which I imagine are the key to beating him.

But yeah, shame Domination and GG are it for good portable Godzilla action. Rampage also has it rough on portable releases. Shame the DS port of Total Destruction was canceled. If it kept World Tour arcade, it could have been a good portable game. Also too bad I asked for Rampage Puzzle Attack GBA one year, not realizing it had no action levels at all.
>>
What's the difference between the SNES beat'em up and the Turbo Duo one anyways? The graphics are better on the latter, but gameplay wise it seems to be very similiar.

>>4158321
No idea how I enjoyed Rampage Universal Tour so much as a kid. I know giant monsters could satisfy already, but it felt like the game was just fun overall.
When I played World Tour in Total Destruction, it was just boring. Can't be that different.
Then again, Total Destruction was also barely different, yet played like shit.

>Puzzle Attack
>must have action levels
The GB version was only okay anyways. IIRC, it was even re-released with Paperboy on the GBA for some fucking reason
>>
>>4158349
I think World Tour Arcade would be perfect on a handheld. It's really fun, 4 levels at a time. And yeah, I'm not sure why I expected any action in Puzzle Attack, I just wanted World Tour GBC with better graphics back then.

Also, turbo duo Godzilla is a direct prequel to SNES. Slightly different roster but the big difference is turbo duo plays like shit with good audio while SNES sounds like syit with good gameplay. Personally? I much prefer Power Rangers Fighting/Gundam Wing Dual's fighting engine for all my /m/ brawling needs.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.