[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This shouldn't be awful Why is it so awful?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: fighting force.jpg (75KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
fighting force.jpg
75KB, 600x600px
This shouldn't be awful

Why is it so awful?
>>
>>4148561
western made
>>
>>4148561
I actually got a two or three playthroughs out of this, but the game is indeed rough around the edges.
>>
>>4148561
If you think that's bad you should play the sequel.
>>
>>4148561
This game is pretty fun once you find out Hawk has a kill guaranteed grab. It's a really rough game but even with that considered, my only complaint is the lack of analog support. I think the texture work is ridiculously good for a rough game.
>>
West can't into beat em ups. Go play Die Hard or Spike Out.
>>
>>4148561
Yeah it was terrible. Pic related is a much better ps1 3d beat em up.
>>
I had fun with it. Rented it all the time on the n64 and remember playing the demo on ps1. Rented it one Christmas break on N64 and played while setting up a Christmas tree.

Ended up beating it with my uncle that Christmas break too.

Thanks for reminding me of these happy memories. I feel so lonely nowadays.
>>
>>4148561

Because England can't into action games. But then, the 32-bit era is when the brawler died a death most undignified.
>>
I never got why people shit on this game so much. I have always thought it was fun. It's got several routes, 4 playable characters, a bunch of special moves, and the weapons that are hidden everywhere are really fun to use. It's not perfect, but what game is?
>>
>>4149076
>weapons hidden everywhere
I enjoyed Fighting Force because of this concept. Why hasn't any other 3D beat-em-up taken this idea of using things in the environment as weapons and really ran with it? And yes I know there are some games that allow you to combo enemies into stage hazards like trashcans, walls, and spikes, but I want you to be able to rip off a piece of rain gutter and beat someone with it.
>>
File: 45-Dynamite_Cop-1444609835.jpg (84KB, 725x701px) Image search: [Google]
45-Dynamite_Cop-1444609835.jpg
84KB, 725x701px
>>4149198

I got you, bro. If it can be picked up, it can be used as a weapon. Everything from rocket launchers and vending machines to salami and apples.
>>
>>4148561
An ongoing plague of awful brawler controls.
>>
My copy of Tomb Raider had a demo for Fighting Force. My brother and I had fun playing the level over and over
>>
>>4148561
It was great. You can't say a game sucks because you suck at it.
>>
>>4148561
The game was good as a party beat'em up coop game even if it was a terrible single player experience. I don't understand how a developer misses his own selling point when the sequel had no multiplayer, nor was it a vanilla beat em up.
>>
>>4149565
Bet em ups were out of fashion by the time 2 came out. Every game wanted to be the new Metal Gear with secret bases and conspirations.
>>
I loved this game as a kid.
>>
>>4148561
>3D beat'em up
>for a 5th gen system
>made by westerns

There's your answer.

There are very few decent 3D beat'em ups and they're all made by japanese devs (e.g. Dynamite Deka 1 & 2, God Hand, The Bouncer, Crisis Beat, Lucifer Ring, Sword of the Berserk: Guts' Rage).

Fighting Force 2 is even worse, but it plays more like a regular action game instead of a beat'em up.
>>
>>4151165
>Awful games like The Bouncer on PS2 and Berserk on DC

How about The Warriors you weeb?
>>
>>4151208
easily the best 3d beat em up.
>>
>>4148561
>This would be the SoR4
I see Sega dodged a bullet here.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.