[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why no darkstalker 2 on playstation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: MIA.png (978KB, 1024x729px)
MIA.png
978KB, 1024x729px
why no darkstalker 2 on playstation?
>>
Because playstation got a (bad) port of darkstalkers 1.
>>
File: baddrawing1.png (44KB, 944x540px) Image search: [Google]
baddrawing1.png
44KB, 944x540px
I do have to wonder why, because it was a pretty darn popular game in its day, more successful than Darkstalkers 1 (and 3, even.) I do know that the Saturn port as initially being developed as a port of Darkstalkers 1, but then partway through development they switched to making it a port of 2. That might be why it had options to use DS1 music and stage colors.
>>
>>4147025
>Hunter more successful than Savior
Why?
>>
>>4146997
Probably because there isn't enough "new content" to justify a release of Vampire 2, it's a shame though because PS1 only got a meh port of the clunkier Vampire 1
>>
>>4147039
By the end of the 90s, fighting games kind of stopped being so popular, I guess the market became stagnated/saturated.
Some regions, like Asia and Latin America, still played fighters, but mostly KOF.
>>
>>4147039
The fighting genre in general had started to simmer down by 1997, and the system changes, new characters, and cut characters all led to some mixed reactions from players at first. Of course in the long term it ended up being the game with the most longevity in the series.
>>
>>4147025
>>4147039
I remember seeing cabinets of the first Darkstalkers/Vampire in most of the arcades both in the US and when I visited Japan as a kid. By contrast, to this day I've never even seen a Night Warriors or Vampire Hunter cabinet in real life.
>>
>>4147114
I do wonder if because of how arcade games work there could be something of a discrepancy between number of boards in existence and amount of play those boards got. I know Akiman has said that Darkstalkers sold the lion's share of its arcade boards at the beginning of its life, but income ranking charts and statements by players and Capcom staff point to Night Warriors/Hunter as where the series really got popular.
>>
>>4147041
and a good port of Vampire Savior
>>
>>4147854
he was talking about PS1 not Saturn
>>
>>4148060
Saturn "port" of Savior is better but the PS1 one is good too, at least a lot better than the port of Vamire 1 that wasn't even ported by Capcom
>>
>>4148083
Oh ok, my bad.
PS1 "port" of Savior is better than DS1, but still a far cry.
>>
>>4147097
1998 had the fighting genres second highest selling game, Tekken 3, released.
>>
>>4148127
>1998 had the fighting genres second highest selling game
I don't know where are you getting your numbers from, or if you're counting arcades or console releases, but I don't remember people playing Tekken 3 on arcades back in 1998. I remember KOF '98.
>>
>>4148060
>>4148083
>>4148121
I like the Saturn port but wtf is up with not having a training mode? At least the PS1 version has that.
>>
>>4148262
You can improvise a training mode if you go to the secret options and select infinite health on VS mode.
You can also choose the 2player to be controlled by the CPU.
>>
>>4147045
>the market became stagnated/saturated

This and the "hot thing" was 3D, whose fighting games were never as good as 2D. Unlike racing games or sports games, the genre didn't benefit a lot from 3D.
>>
>>4148137
It's a good thing we have you around then because everyone knows that one person's memory of his local area is the best evidence of all.
>>
>>4148127
Source?
>>
Anyone knows why the PS1 version of Darkstalkers 3 didn't have blood in it?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.