[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you /vr/oom /vr/ooms like it if I made a ROM website? The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

File: eplogo[1].jpg (13KB, 295x150px) Image search: [Google]
eplogo[1].jpg
13KB, 295x150px
Would you /vr/oom /vr/ooms like it if I made a ROM website? The only one I know that still hasn't been raped by Nintendo is LoveROMs, and that's annoying as hell to use. I have the ability to make it but I don't know if there's any demand for it besides those threads that show up every now and then complaining about not being able to find a certain ROM. What do you guys think?
>>
>>4146961
we already have one i can't remember the link for it though has full rom sets for pretty much everything
>>
>>4146961
>>4147320
Yeah, we have one but one more is always welcome.

https://romdepot.endurehosting.com/

Don't pass up this change, bookmark this.
>>
really wish i downloaded the complete romset for GBA and GB games from this website before they took them down
>>
>>4147335
subscribed
>>
>>4147340
Don't forget to like and share too.
>>
If you do it make sure it has a good design. A dark web mirror would be nice as well incase companies make you take down roms.
>>
>>4146961
Just make it an ftp server with a weekly revolving password. Works 10 times easier and keeps normos and newfags out.
>>
File: fuuuuuuuuu.png (45KB, 1358x628px) Image search: [Google]
fuuuuuuuuu.png
45KB, 1358x628px
>>4147335
looks promising
>>
>>4146961

Anyone can just download the No-Into set and a lot of Redump collections from archive.org so go fuck yourself with your stupid romsite.
>>
>>4147497
>archive.org
/thread. It has a DMCA exception, they won't go down.
>>
>>4147494
The wanker who hosts it mostly only has it up for a few days at a time.
Then it goes offline again and maybe if he happens to come across some random person on here talking about the site being offline it
comes across his mind again that the damn thing even exists.
Then the process repeats.
So don't bother. It's a piece of shit.
>>
>>4147893
How dare you talk shit about the GOD of /vr/
Seriously I don't know why you guys like to suck that guy's cock so much
>>
the most basic of searches can turn up a dozen places that still have full Nintendo rom sets, literally 30 seconds and I found a rom set site for retro pie, full sets, hosted on mega.
http://www.arcadepunks.com/retropie-roms-downloads-packs/
>>
>>4147497
>No-Into set

link?
>>
>>4147497
Yeah, that's the point, asshole. Some people don't want to download every game ever for a console if they just want one or two ROMs. Have fun downloading an entire set of every PS1 game. I'm sure that's way more convenient than just downloading the game you want to play.
>>
Romhustler is mostly fine too.
>>
>>4147919
Did you have a stroke or something?
The fact that I just named your so called 'GOD' of /vr/ a wanker kind of plainly shows that unlike you, i specifically do NOT want to suck his dirty weiner.
Now go be an autist somewhere else please and maybe learn some reading comprehension while you're at it.
>>
File: FeelWhatTheFuck.png (318KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
FeelWhatTheFuck.png
318KB, 550x550px
>>4147494

>This page (https://romdepot.endurehosting.com/) is currently offline. However, because the site uses Cloudflare's Always Onlineā„¢ technology you can continue to surf a snapshot of the site

ehrm...
>>
>>4146961
Yes.
Make one, keep it small, so it doesn't get shutdown.
>>
File: snes.jpg (419KB, 1121x749px) Image search: [Google]
snes.jpg
419KB, 1121x749px
>>4147932
All the Nintendo first party shits here, Mario, Metroid, Zelda, complete sets.
>>
>>4147932
can you not popularize them by posting them here for plebs who are to stupid to use a search engine?

delete your post
>>
File: 1331945081366.png (3KB, 180x200px) Image search: [Google]
1331945081366.png
3KB, 180x200px
>downloaded NES, SNES, N64, GB/C, GBA, and DS fullsets a year ago just in case something like this happened
>it happened
>mfw it actually happened
>>
>>4148004
>DS fullset
Not retro but I really would liked to had this.
>>
>>4147339
Get the No-Intro sets.
>>
>>4147938
Fuck off
I'm tired of always spoonfeeding faggots when there is a handy dandy link to this shit on the wiki. Fuck OFF.
>>
>>4148039
>the wiki

link?
>>
>>4148051
Read the sticky. It's in the emulation tech one.
>>
>>4148057
>the sticky

link?
>>
>>4148062
I'll make you sticky, faggot (^:
>>
>>4148004
How big was the DS set?
The one I'm looking at is nearly 400gb.
>>
>>4148004

make a torrent, I'll seed
>>
>>4148135

welcome to the future ...i recently had a breaking bad all season torrent stuck for a while and had a slight chuckle when i saw that it clocked at 1,3Tb.
>>
>using ROM sites
I don't see the use unless you're absolutely adamant about keeping with fan translations or something. Even then we'll have the base sets in stuff most of the time.
>>
>>4147949
>Have fun downloading an entire set of every PS1 game. I'm sure that's way more convenient than just downloading the game you want to play.

>download entire redump psx set
>have every game you want to play on standby
>don't have to worry about romsites ever going down/dmca
Why, yes anon, it is more convenient.
>>
>>4148031
What's the best place to get No-Intro sets?
>>
Do people forget you can just download the individual files you want out of a large torrent?

Or is your client THAT shitty?
>>
>>4148631
Why bother going back and forth when I can grab the whole thing and be done with it?
>>
>>4148641
I personally don't know. I mean I can understand it from the perspective that not everyone wants every release from japan as well as na, but it's not like hardrives are small anymore either.
>>
>>4148641
maybe different people have different preferences.
not having space taken up by a fuckton of shit you'll never use is a reason
>just get more storage space
or just don't download everything. now you can stop asking stupid questions
>>
>>4148641
save space, and people with data caps cant download the full 1tb of data. I am personally going to get a dedicated rom drive (or server) big enough to hold all PSX, Saturn, Sega CD, Gamecube, XBOX and PS2 from all regions. As well as anything older.
>>
>>4147961
you're telling him to 'learn some reading comprehension' while you yourself are a fucking retard.
>Seriously I don't know why you guys like to suck that guy's cock so much
he wasn't addressing you in that sentence you fucking down syndrome child.
>>
>>4148649
A 4TB usb powered portable external hard drive is $110 on Amazon right now. You can buy that, have plenty of space and not have to worry anymore. Or you can sit on 4chan and whine. It's up to you.
>>
>>4148674
I wasn't whining. that other anon was asking retarded questions.
and nice responding with "get more storage space" when I already addressed that you retard.
ayyy why is reading so hard for some people
>>
>>4148686
What's stopping you from doing that though, you're a working adult, correct?

>ayyy
Then again...
>>
>>4148171
Honestly though.
>>
>>4148692
what's stopping me from just selecting the files I need from a torrent? I don't buy shit if I don't need it because I don't like having shit I don't need lying around.
>b-but 4TB is enough for every retro game! you won't have extra shit lying around!!!!
that would be true if retro games are the only single thing I use for entertainment. but I don't.
>>
>>4148707
Teen with no job. Alright then...
>>
>>4148710
dense fag who can't grasp simple concepts
>>
>>4148710
>>4148712
and house full of shit collecting dust
>>
>>4148603
How long did that take to download? No one wants their hard drive space to be taken up by games that the majority you will probably never play.
>>
>>4148728
>How long did that take to download?
2 days or so. Really only because I don't leave my desktop on at night.

>No one wants their hard drive space to be taken up by games that the majority you will probably never play.
As opposed to what, media you don't look at during every waking hour?
>>
>>4148704
ds is mostly shovelware shit tho
>>
>>4148748
Games you'll play at all =/= games you'll pay every waking hour
>>
>>4148791
I use my phone for that.

>protip.
Works like crap.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.