[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are there two versions of Mega Man 6?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1426276377596.png (461KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1426276377596.png
461KB, 500x375px
>>
Because you touch yourself
>>
>>4146518
What do you mean?
>>
>>4146715
probably that there's a capcom release of mega man 6 (the one pictured) and a nintendo release (the one everyone has). there's only a handful of known copies of the capcom release and no one knows why they exist
>>
>>4146725
Nintendo one exists because capcom didn't want to publish it in USA. Europe didn't get it until as a digital or collection thing.

Roms may be different. Lemme check.
>>
>>4146738
exactly, no one knows why the CAPCOM one exists
>>
>>4146725
The Capcom versions are probably just tests or something. It's possible that they initially planned to release it themselves in limited numbers, but Nintendo offered to do a larger release for them instead.
>>
File: image.jpg (102KB, 1024x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102KB, 1024x700px
>>4146747
Ah aborted run to get rid of. Now if there's different debug modes or crap inside who knows.

The games are mostly same.
>>
OP has a sealed copy though so they must have released it at some point to retailers
>>
>>4146747
Brazil and canada got them. Not usa.
>>
>>4146769
>The games are mostly same.
But are they truly exactly the same inside?
>>
>>4146791

I remember seeing the Capcom labeled one as a kid in London Drugs and I'm from Canada. The real story is that Capcom was deciding not to localize the game because it was 1994 and the majority of people moved on from the NES. Nintendo stepped in and gave it a wider release.
>>
>>4146757
>>4146725
>>4146518
I think its more like promo material for exhibition or something like that, that got leaked at the end, like per example the Earthbound Zero rom was dumped form an officcial finished US version that was never release at the time and not massively produce.
>>
>>4146713
Just because the theme of the board is retro doesn't mean the memes have to be.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.