[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the best game to cartoon adaptation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 14

File: AoStH.jpg (38KB, 448x336px) Image search: [Google]
AoStH.jpg
38KB, 448x336px
Pic related has my vote. Anime is welcome too.
>>
>Not Earthworm Jim
>Not Super Mario Bros Super Show

No taste pleb.
>>
File: darkstalkers.png (250KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
darkstalkers.png
250KB, 500x375px
SMB Super Show was my favorite as a kid, comfy as fuck and even today I still enjoy the live action skits with Albano.

Otherwise, in a "so bad it's good" way, Darkstaklers. JUST.
>>
File: Salamander 2.jpg (38KB, 703x540px) Image search: [Google]
Salamander 2.jpg
38KB, 703x540px
Salamander OVA
>>
>>4145845
>Anime is welcome too
Well you just reminded me that I've gotta watch the Power Stone anime.

Also the Parappa anime.
>>
What is the criteria that makes it best?

I feel like a lot of people think that a game has to be close to the source material in order to be good, but I don't feel like that's the case.

Like, the Super Mario Bros Super Show is mostly parodies and puns, but the Adventures of SMB3 is a lot more in line with the games and takes place in the Mushroom Kingdom mostly, but I feel like SMBSS is the better cartoon.
>>
>>4146052
I just judge the show on how entertaining it is. If it's a faithful adaptation, that's just the cherry on top.
>>
>>4145845
okay chrischan
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8b5V3EFfPi0
>>
>>4145845

Sonic X is a better adaptation than Looney Toons wannabe Adventures of. Even back when I was a kid I thought this cartoon was awful.
>>
>>4146250
What kid is so dead inside that they hate regular old slapstick?
>>
File: cap009.jpg (49KB, 636x480px) Image search: [Google]
cap009.jpg
49KB, 636x480px
>>4145947
>I've gotta watch the Power Stone anime.

It's good retarded fun
>>
>>4146250
Sonic X may be the better adaptation, but I'll call AoSTH the better show any day.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
You sure im not some kind of money?
>>
>>4146293
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9ZT9CG7OWM
>>
>>4146283
>>4146290

You're lacking in taste. I expected more from a Sonic cartoon other than a roadrunner parody.
>>
>>4146250
>>4146302
>thinks Sonic X is good
>accuses others of 'lacking taste
You best be rusin' nigger.
>>
>>4146302
I'm a huge Adventure era fag but god damn you are a colossal no taste having faggot. Looney Tunes style slapstick works for classic sonic.

Sonic X is total shit.
>>
God Tier:
Sonic Boom

High Tier:
Adventures of Sonic

Mid Tier:
SatAM Sonic

Low Tier:
Sonic X

Shit Tier:
Sonic Underground
>>
>>4146316
This basically.
I wouldn't put SatAM above X but whatever
>>
>>4146329
I'd put X above satam if it didn't have chris thorncuck.
>>
>>4145845
yeah that was great. they nailed it.
>>
>>4146285
Is it good fun, or so bad that it's fun?
>>
The Tower of Druaga anime will always be my favourite. Loads of fun, with a 10/10 JRPG parody first episode.
>>
I'm always partial to the Megaman Battle Network anime adaptation, even if it went completely off the rails after the first season with the sentai transformation stuff. The Starforce 1 adaptation is also pretty good.
>>
>>4146525

Little of both? It's very much Power Stone saturday morning kids show edition but PS was hardly a mature game for mature gamers like myself.
>>
File: sonic babby.gif (1MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
sonic babby.gif
1MB, 250x188px
>>4146316
HOW DARE YOU! SONIC UNDERGROUND IS THE BEST SONIC TV SHOW EVER MADE REEEEEEEE
>>
File: sf2v_21509.jpg (57KB, 379x413px) Image search: [Google]
sf2v_21509.jpg
57KB, 379x413px
There's not even a question about this shit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rsl4AVtDBkc

The homoerotic overtones are just icing on the cake.

GONNA BURN SOME MUSCLE
>>
File: Simon-belmont-captain-n.jpg (23KB, 482x356px) Image search: [Google]
Simon-belmont-captain-n.jpg
23KB, 482x356px
Captain N had some good ones.
>>
>>4146250
I hated Sonic X because of the human kid but like AoStH because it reminded me on Ren & Stimpy.
>>
>>4146316

Agreed. Sonic Boom is the best Sonic adaption and it's not even close. Adventures is pretty good at times when it's not descending into furry drama, SatAM is ridiculous but fine for what it is, Sonic X is mostly garbage with dumb shoehorned humans, Sonic Underground is hilarious but objectively terrible in about every way,
>>
File: disappointed sonic.png (1MB, 1145x1440px) Image search: [Google]
disappointed sonic.png
1MB, 1145x1440px
>>4146890
>Adventures is pretty good at times when it's not descending into furry drama
What? How is any part of Adventures "furry drama"?
>>
>>4146923

I think the anon is netflix in disguise, because they seem to have mixed up SatAM and AoSTH.
>>
>>4146956

You're right, that's exactly what I did. My bad.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (75KB, 1023x773px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
75KB, 1023x773px
>>4145845
What about the Sonic OVAs
>>
>>4146343
Even without Thorndyke it would still have that retarded plotline where the police use a fucking formula 1 car to chase Sonic through the city for no reason.
>>
>>4147258
The Metal sonic one was probably the best one in my honest opinion, rather it's the only one I've seen and I love it.
it's got the best design of Sonic
>>
>>4147258
Literally perfect tier.
>>
>>4147258

It's good but I feel like it gets more praise than it deserves.
>>
>>4147258
Only good piece of Sonic animation in existence.
The plot is garbage, but the animation is great, and the Sonic vs Metal Sonic battle justifies everything. Also good music.
A shame we never got a show with this kind of animation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LecH7KTDGAo
I heard that short pilot was done by the same studio that did animation for Tiny Toon and Animaniacs (which was japanese)
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.