[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/vr redpills

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: 1451255508452.png (41KB, 640x464px) Image search: [Google]
1451255508452.png
41KB, 640x464px
Despite its reputation, EBay is now the cheapest source for retro games. I've given up on retro brick & mortar stores and my wallet thanks me.

What are some other /vr related redpills that might be hard for some to swallow?
>>
>>4145457
>red pill

Anyone complaining about prices now was either too young or stupid to recognize why used game prices were so insanely low and that they would never stay that way for long so they bought what they wanted then.

I suppose accepting that you're either just a dumb kid, or an incredibly short sighted and even dumber adult would be a hard pill to swallow of any color.
>>
File: 1456435746755.jpg (180KB, 573x729px) Image search: [Google]
1456435746755.jpg
180KB, 573x729px
>>4145474
>Anyone complaining about prices now

Only complaining that brick & mortar are now charging MORE than eBay which is ridiculous.

>was either too young or stupid to recognize why used game prices were so insanely low and that they would never stay that way for long so they bought what they wanted then.

Hindsight is 20/20 yadda yadda Must of been nice to have a crystal ball plus the cash to purchase everything you ever wanted and even the great games that you didn't know about at the time. How many sealed copies of Little Samson and Earthbound are you hoarding due to your ability to see into the future?
>>
>>4145503
>Only complaining that brick & mortar are now charging MORE than eBay which is ridiculous.

You realize that's how it would logically happen, right?

>Must of been nice to have a crystal ball plus the cash

It hardly took a crystal ball and managing money when you work isn't that hard. Nice Turnip meme, I get why you're so confused by economics.
>>
File: 1494000085597.gif (4MB, 344x203px) Image search: [Google]
1494000085597.gif
4MB, 344x203px
Why are you making this shit thread when you could be out there snapping up 6th gen classics for next to nothing RIGHT THE FUCK NOW?
>>
>>4145601
Dollars to doughnuts he hates everything not "retro"
>>
Playing PAL games in 14:9 is perfectly fine
>>
>>4145457
funny cause my nearby retro store is now gone, because they used ebay as a guide for markup and lost all the business because prices were stupid high.

>What are some other /vr related redpills
emulating is cheaper than paying scalpers for old games.
>>
>>4145609
To be fair, brick and mortar stores have all kinds of overhead and with rising energy as well as other costs you really have to do everything possible to stay afloat. So if they see a game is consistently selling for $50 online, it would be hard for them to justify putting the same one in their physical store for much less.
>>
>>4145601
Fuk yea boi
>>
>>4145768
WRONG
>>
>>4145819
He's not though. He's exactly right.
>>
Actual redpill on collecting: you're too late.
Best way to collect /vr/ is either back in the day, or in the early 2000s, when people thought /vr/ stuff was just old junk.
>>
I'm still waiting to see if all the collectors get completely fucked and the retro fad ends, or if retro games take on the baseball cards/comics status and little samson climbs to five digits. Either way it should be interesting.
>>
>>4146989
>all the collectors
Not all of them are scalpers, some collect because they genuinely enjoy the games and don't plan to sell them ever, so retro fad or not, it's irrelevant. In fact they'd probably be happy, if the fad ends, they will be able to buy some things they didn't own for cheaper than before.
>>
>>4145457
>>4145474
>REDpill

Go away, commie. Kidding. I'm older than most of the people here, and I emulate... and pay moeny to GOG slavs every now and then for emulated games.

Go get triggered all you want. I'm still a player.
>>
>>4145830
Why do you speak in 3rd person?
>>
>>4146996
I realize that, but a lot of collectors are in it for the status. The I have X, Y, and Z and they're so damn rare, you'll never get them mindset. If the fad ends that sort of mindset is usually relegated to outliers.
>>
>>4147000
>and pay money to GOG slavs
>>
>>4147005
>but a lot of collectors are in it for the status.

I get wait for MetalJesus to get rekt then.
>>
>>4147013
Well he may if the fad ends then yes, or he could become MetalGod if retro games take on comic status. Either way it will be interesting.
>>
>>4146973
This, I got a lot of good deals in the early 2000s.
>>
>>4145457

>What are some other /vr related redpills that might be hard for some to swallow?

Outside of very specific games or consoles, emulation is perfectly fine for playing /vr/ games.

Yeah yeah you're not going to get pixel perfect accuracy, but the different between 99.9% and 100% is literally indistinguishable and only autists think otherwise.

Buying retro games just supports reseller scum, if you absolutely have to play on original hardware than buy a flashcart or an ODE.
>>
>>4145601
The only 6th gen consoles worth collecting for are Xbox and Dreamcast since the Gamecube has a perfect emulator, and PS2 is getting there. My rule of thumb is, if it exists on Gamecube, get it for Dolphin, and if It exists only on Xbox or only on PS2, then get it as well.
>>
>>4149595
>bought a used disc only Champions of Norrath from Gamestop a long time ago for $5
>restored with genuine DVD case, manual, and sleeve cover
>check prices
>skyrocketed
>>
>>4149595
Starting to collect for DC, good shit. Only thing I'm worried about is how disc based consoles will age, I'll also have to replace my entire collection because the jewel cases I have now are cracked and it triggers my autism. Do you recommend going for whole libraries or just getting the good shit, /vr/?
>>
>>4145601
Big Box PC games are either super cheap or super expensive, man.
>>
>>4147001
Too many people do that.
>>
>>4146973

For retro stuff, yeah. WAY too late. Just emulate.

Last gen's console games are still pretty cheap because you can still find them everywhere at places like Gamestop, but that may be ending very soon.
>>
>>4146989

Yeah like anything collectible the bubble will burst once those that have nostalgic value tied to them start dying off, comparable to baseball cards. Rare stuff will always hold its value because of what people place on them like stadium events.

There are many collectors that don't care about the monetary value of the collection - just the emotions tied to it.

Kids MAY continue to gravitate towards games like Nintendo properties (Zelda, Pokemon, Splatoon), but it seems they are more into digital stuff like mobile or minecraft. Or move on to the next big thing after video games.
>>
although it's obsolete now, Ghostbusters for NES was a better game than anyone gives it credit for

the driving bits, catching ghosts, and the business management aspects made it a unique, calming experience.

the zuul segment is completely broken, but game players in the 80s/early 90s didn't expect to beat games, and didn't bitch if a game had an unfair, badly programmed level late in the game. all games got ridiculously difficult at the end.

it didn't age well, but it was a good game at the time.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.