[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best movie game of its era.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 13

File: that-one-annoying-friend.gif (1MB, 500x391px) Image search: [Google]
that-one-annoying-friend.gif
1MB, 500x391px
Best movie game of its era.
>>
>>4145375
>not Batman
>>
Not even the best Super Star Wars game. RotJ was the best game.
>>
>>4145375
wtf he keeps recharging his health
>>
>>4145943
>>4145943
>4145943
You have got to be joking.
>>
>>4145375
That's not Home Alone
>>
>>4145375
if ya ask me, this one is pretty good
>>
>>4146114
I really should play one of those sometime. Which to go for, Gen or SNES?
>>
>>4146114
both, i prefer genesis but both have their own good stuff
>>
>>4146131
motha fuckn genesis
>>
>>4145375
That's not Batman Returns for the SNES.
>>
>>4145375
Sarlaccs are giant sand vaginas, not moderate sized sand penises. This game got the source material completely wrong, how can you say it's the best?
>>
>>4146104
Absolutely not. SRotJ has passwords (unlike SSW), allows you to select your character for each stage (unlike SESB), has a much better difficulty curve (unlike SSW and SESB), and keeps your blaster power-ups between stages as long as you don't die.
>>
>>4146131
They're radically different games with basically no similarities other than the Aladdin theme. Which one is better? Depends on what you like. They're too different to directly compare. Play both.
>>
File: 3 niggas & hook.jpg (148KB, 640x1085px) Image search: [Google]
3 niggas & hook.jpg
148KB, 640x1085px
>>4145375
>>
>>4146327
>easier = automatically better

plebian detected.
>>
>>4146374
Way to ignore all the other reasons he listed.
>>
>>4146327
Character select is cool, but I like the difficulty of the other two better. RotJ felt lacking to me, but could just be me.
>>
>>4146374
He didn't say it was easier, he said it had a better difficulty curve. The first two are famous for having a difficulty curve as smooth as sandpaper.
>>
>>4145375
I unironically like these more than Mega Man (which I still don't understand the appeal of).

It's cool these games even got made, the movies were't exactly current when the snes was around
>>
>>4146571
I agree with you completely. Megaman is overrated and its awesome that the games were even made.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (42KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
42KB, 480x360px
Best version of Hook. Anyone who says the Game Boy version is superior is full of shit.
>>
>>4146484
Every reason he listed makes a game easier.

>>4146403
>Way to ignore all the other reasons he listed.
All reasons which make the game easier.
>>
>>4147332
Easier is not automatically worse.
>>
In my opinion, the best movie game is "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: The Graphic Adventure"
>>
>>4147334
agreed, since it's still hard, it's just no longer ridiculous
>>
File: blade-runner.jpg (118KB, 800x946px) Image search: [Google]
blade-runner.jpg
118KB, 800x946px
I always hear Blade Runner (Windows) is good. But I never actually played it.

If were including only console games, maybe GoldenEye (N64).
>>
>>4146131
The NES bootleg.
>>
>>4146201
Can't say I agree. I played this game a lot in my childhood and I don't think it's bad, but one of the best movie games of its era it isn't. On the upside, it looks and sounds good (though the backgrounds could use more animation) and successfully creates a cool dark atmosphere. On the downside, though, it feels repetitive, slow and clunky to control. If you play it back to back with another licensed Konami beat 'em up, Turtles in Time, its flaws just become obvious.
>>
>>4147334
>Easier is not automatically worse.
Unless your main objective is challenge then it absolutely is.
>>
>>4147417
>I always hear Blade Runner (Windows) is good. But I never actually played it.
I downloaded it but haven't played it yet, also hear only good things and it has a ton of different endings apparently.
>>
Super Empire is pretty challenging overall, but the only hard part of Super Star Wars is the cantona boss. Other than that it's prettt straightforward
>>
>>4146256
It's a prolapsed sand vagina.
>>
>>4146131
Genesis one has better and larger levels with more secrets, way better animation, music, and is faster paced. It is also super hard on some parts.

SNES has more colours and better musical instruments (wasted on bad songs...). And a more impressive looking final boss.

Gameplay wise the SNES one is a platformer for babies where you bop around, while the Genesis one is more action oriented but sometimes with precise platforming parts.

Personally I like the Genesis one better, it has a better choice of palettes, the music kicks ass, it plays faster, and the secret parts on levels amount to more than "1 gem is slightly hidden out of view of your linear path". And the Rug Ride level is insane. Basically it is a more hardcore game, not a hand-holding linear one.
>>
>>4145375
Batman Returns on the SNES is better. Although Batman (1989) for the arcade is a close second.
>>
>>4147417
>>4147484
>it has a ton of different endings apparently.
Its quite buggy and sometimes some NPCs refuse to spawn.
>>
>>4146131
Lion king was damn good too. I had to play it for my niece since the difficulty level was so insane. I remember being really impressed with the graphics at the time.
>>
>>4145375
Fuck off, those games are awful.
>>
>>4149723
What didn't you like about them?
>>
File: goonies2_nesbox.jpg (411KB, 999x1383px) Image search: [Google]
goonies2_nesbox.jpg
411KB, 999x1383px
Just finished pic related last night. I wouldn't call it the best of an era, but it was a lot of fun. I also had no idea I was rescuing a mermaid until the end.
>>
>>4145375
That's not Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
>>
>>4149985
How's the movie?
>>
Terminator on the Sega CD, faggot
>>
File: Hook.webm (3MB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
Hook.webm
3MB, 680x510px
>>4146853

Actual best version of Hook
>>
>>4150167
>based on a slow-moving film about fatherhood and feels
>>
>>4150167
that bouncy boss life bar really bothers me.
>>
but thats not jurassic park snes
>>
>>4150167
There was a Hook beat em up? Damn now I've seen everything.

Looks p. cool tho
>>
>>4150020
>Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
>not Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures
>>
>>4150167

Whos player 2, Rufio?
>>
>>4147852
>wasted on bad songs
Such strange taste. The music compositions on that game are pretty good, up to early 90s Capcom standards.
>Gameplay wise the SNES one is a platformer for babies where you bop around
It's an easy game, but the controls are amazing, the physics in this game are extremely rewarding if you know what to do, feels like a 2D parkour-platformer, it's kind of unique, can't think of other games that had this kind of fast-paced gameplay with acrobatic moves. It's like Prince of Persia meets arcade gameplay.
>while the Genesis one is more action oriented but sometimes with precise platforming parts.
Capcom Aladdin has definitely more precision-designed levels, the genie level alone is proof of that. The sand tomb level is also a good example.
Virgin Aladdin has action, but it's not really engaging, the combat isn't as polished and doesn't feel as rewarding as, say, Castlevania or Ghouls n' Ghosts.
The level design is also kind of all over the place, the precision platforming I found in this game is that it's not precise at all, some platforms have very strange hitboxes, as do Aladdin. The flamingos on the castle level for example.
Aladdin also has the problem of having a camera that goes up everytime you jump. Now, this isn't as bad as in other games that also do this, but it's still annoying.

I think Virgin's Aladdin's only advantage over Capcom's, is the sprite animation, which is unquestionably amazing. Music is also good, I think both games got music right. Graphics are both even, but I think backgrounds on the Capcom game look better, but Virgin's backgrounds ain't bad either.
But game design is where Capcom's game wins for me. I like both games, though.
>>
>>4150851
>Capcom Aladdin has definitely more precision-designed levels, the genie level alone is proof of that. The sand tomb level is also a good example.
True dat.
>>
File: images-25.jpg (11KB, 204x178px) Image search: [Google]
images-25.jpg
11KB, 204x178px
How bout we make some catergories?
>>
>>4145375
Ghostbusters genesis/md
Or
BatmanReturns SNES
>>
>>4147417
Wasn't this one of those games that became infamous because the developers lost the source code of it?
>>
>>4150820
Yeah.
>>
>>4151880

shit
and
not shit
>>
>>4146336
That's just a cop-out, they're fairly similar platformers.
>>
>>4152086
They're certainly not, it's like saying Contra and EarthwormJim are basically the same.
>>
>>4152092
But you can easily say Earthworm Jim is the superior experience.
>>
File: star wars Episode1Racer_.jpg (45KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
star wars Episode1Racer_.jpg
45KB, 640x480px
>game was better than the movie
>>
>>4153721
Not only that.
>scene ruins the pace of movie
>forms the basis for the best game based on the movie
>>
>>4154180

to be fair, although pod racing does ruin the pace of Phantom Menace it's also probably the second best part of the movie .
>>
>>4152086
>they're fairly similar platformers.
No they fucking aren't plebian.

>>4153664
>But you can easily say Earthworm Jim is the superior experience.
Subjective preference has no relation to objective realization of similarities and differences, learn to read and comprehend you stupid bastard.
>>
>>4150851
Dude you being retarded nintendofaggot for even trying to argue about which aladdin is better
Reminds me of my conversation with nintendofag that was telling me that SNES contra is better than contra hard corps

Snes is for playing mario titles. All other cool platformers exist on sega
>>
>>4145375
He should have walked without rhythm.
>>
>>4154295
Not sure if false-flag or not, but anyway, Aladdin on SNES was by Capcom, not Nintendo, MD Aladdin was by Virgin, so, from the get go, completely different developers.
Contra III and Hard Corps were at least both developed by Konami, but different teams, and they're both completely different games.

This is Capcom vs Virgin, not Sega vs Nintendo, you filthy poor console warrior of old.
>>
File: ITS A NEW L oh wait nevermind.jpg (113KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
ITS A NEW L oh wait nevermind.jpg
113KB, 1440x810px
>>4153721
>>4154180
>>4154215
>>
File: avp.jpg (43KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
avp.jpg
43KB, 800x600px
ARE YOU FUCKING PLEBS
>>
File: Innsmouth_no_Yakata_(Japan)-4.jpg (110KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Innsmouth_no_Yakata_(Japan)-4.jpg
110KB, 640x640px
Apparently, this was actually based on a Japanese movie, which was based on H.P. Lovecraft's Shadow over Innsmouth.
>>
>>4150820
Rufio is the coolest character from that movie.
>>
>>4147483
>Unless your main objective is challenge then it absolutely is.
If you like hard game that are also terrible I guess nobody can stop you
>>
>>4155212
Truth. Damn shame what they did to him that he'll never be in the sequel.
>>
>>4145375
>not Lucas art games for Indiana Jones and Star Wars
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.