[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My mother just found an old box of my stuff with this inside

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

File: 65436543.jpg (122KB, 800x884px) Image search: [Google]
65436543.jpg
122KB, 800x884px
My mother just found an old box of my stuff with this inside of it. Little did 5 years old me know this game would be worth $300 today.

You guys have any similar surprises over the years? I feel good today
>>
A friend recommended me Sunset Riders (SNES version) way back when, so I bought it when I saw it at a flea market for $5. Now it's something like 80 bucks.
>>
>>4143369
I started collecting Saturn games way back in the early to mid '00's because they were dirt cheap(I was also poor) and I enjoyed playing them. Ended up selling everything a couple years back and used the money to buy a pinball table. Even had money left over.
>>
>>4143369
pic?
>>
>>4143369
literally 2 hours ago, i bought Super Smash Bros, Diddy Kong Racing, Goldeneye 64, Bomberman Hero and DK 64 plus 2 original Gamecube controllers in good condition for $10 murican dollaridos.
>>
Years ago I was in FUCKING GAMESTOP and a guy was trading in his whole collection. After he left I asked what he traded in. Found Arc the Lad collection and FFVII black label misprint for PS1 in the lot. Bought them both for a total of $11. I'd never sell them though.

I bought Misadventures of Tron Bonne on release as MML was my favorite franchise in the PS1 era. That game is worth a pretty penny now and is only gonna go up due to its cult status now. Again, I'd never sell them. I replay them almost yearly.

My MtG collection is pretty much a retirement fund at this point. Those I WILL sell sometime. I don't wanna do the work required to get maximum kike bucks out of it though so it'll probably stay locked away forever.
>>
>>4144108
My name's written on it so I'd rather not post pic

Will remove the writings when I get my hands on it fromher
>>
>>4144143
how?
>>
I'm a reseller, though not of games, I simply collect them.
I go to thrift stores, estate & garage sales for a living.
I am always finding decently rare/valuable games (30-75) and once every few months I find one worth a few hundred.
They are out there you just have to basically dedicate your life to finding them or get very lucky.
>>
>>4143369
I found out that Sonic Blastman II is worth a pretty penny recently
>>
>>4144276
Barely have time for gaming so I'm just stuck to paying full price on ebay
>>
>>4143369
Are you fucking kidding me? I had that game briefly as a kid, but sold it when I was broke for a few bucks (before NES games were worth anything).
>>
>>4144504
I'm pretty sure I had that rare blockbuster clay fighter game when I was kid. Of course was lost or stolen. These are some bad feels anon.
>>
File: 20170724_224120.jpg (949KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170724_224120.jpg
949KB, 2560x1440px
>>4144227
one of those cases of absolute pure luck, like the ones ive seen in those Youtube videos where people go to garage sales and find an old lady selling her son's shit for dirt cheap.

I went to deliver some toner cartridges to a client because our delivery guy reported sick, anyways after that i walked to groceries store to get a drink and lo and behold, theres was this lady with a garage sale sign on her garage.

I imemdiately spotter the Gamecube controllers and also some N64 controllers but those were pretty beaten up so i passed, the i saw those 5 games in pristine condition, asked how much for the controllers? she said $5 bucks for the pair, how much for the nintendo tapes? (yes i didi it on purpose to hide my power level) she said $1 each, ok ill take 2 controllers and 5 games thatll be $10 ok thank you.
>>
>>4144276
>estate

im curious about that, how does that work? i remember sometime ago i did a search on some website with a lot of things for auction, from furniture to cars, they had a few vidya and some other electronics but never actually got into it to try it.
>>
>>4143369
Afraid not. As far as I know, all of my stuff is pretty common.
>>
File: Snow Bros. - Nick & Tom (Japan).png (1MB, 1061x680px) Image search: [Google]
Snow Bros. - Nick & Tom (Japan).png
1MB, 1061x680px
>>4143369
snowbros gf is fucking sexy
>>
>>4144946
Lol bernie lost
>>
I pity the fools who pay 300$ for 512kb of data.
>>
>>4144219
Guess it's not worth 300 then
>>
>>4145256
Few imaginary games are
>>
>>4145331
>imaginary
Will post pic when my mother passes by my house and I get it don't worry.
>>
>>4145242
Hipsters don't deserve pity, only scorn.
>>
>>4143369
Wow a net interest of 0.0002%, amazing
>>
I had a Sega Saturn in mint condition stored away, I forgot I even had it. When I found it again it was pure joy.
>>
>>4145689
>Wow a summer can't into numbers or words, amazing
>>
I got a nes in good cosmetic shape for 10 bucks last year.
>Tfw the asshole who owned it before you reverse stained the top of it with an apple sticker
>>
>>4146991

similar thing happened to me recently. picked some boxes I had stored at my parents house from years ago, found a great condition model 1 mega drive & master system I had completely forgotten about.
>>
I dug out my DC and games and found that I own a mint copy of Shenmue that I bought for 5 bucks that I've never even played
>>
>>4144108
>>4145331

There you go
>>
>>4143369
I have a CIB Shantae gbc I bought in high school. Didn't know how much it was worth until a few years ago
>>
>>4147717
btfo
>>
>>4149268
feels good
>>
File: 20170212_160714.jpg (1MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
20170212_160714.jpg
1MB, 1836x3264px
Posted this here a while back. I was helping my mom clean her garage and came across a box of, well boxes, that I had put away years ago. Some of them even had manuals and stuff inside. I still own most of these games so I ended up having CIB copies of many of them. I remember putting these away for safe keeping long ago but had kind of forgotten about it over the years (it was in the back of my mind but I couldn't remember where they were). Was really happy to find them in good condition.
>>
>>4149582
nice stash
>>
>>4143369
Yeah dude I bought 4 huge boxes of reteo shit when I was working at Gamestop a few years back for $200. Snow Bros, Contra Force, and quite a few other rare titles were in the collection, in addition to most of the classics and a bunch of old nintendo/rpg guides
>>
>>4149582
>Robotech
Mah nigga
>>
Not really a surprise, but in 2003-2004 when all my schoolmates were "growing out" of Pokemon they sold me their copies of RBY/GSC for really cheap just so they could get rid of them, so I've got around 5-10 copies of each game in a box somewhere.

They're relatively valuable compared to most GB games, but I actually labeled each of them with the person I bought it from's name in case they ever wanted it back. On masking tape above the label. I'm not a monster.
>>
>>4143369
>tfw I sold my childhood copy to a play and trade when I was 10 for $50.
>>
File: 1501223563297-77076675.jpg (784KB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
1501223563297-77076675.jpg
784KB, 2592x1456px
>>4143369
I found a pristine CIB SNES Mini at a flea market for $50 when I was a kid; it even came with the original receipt.

It's easily my favorite find ever since I got it when I was 12 and just getting into retro vidya collecting. I think the dude might have given me a deal just because I was an enthusiastic kid. He even threw in a copy of Sim City which I played the shit out of and became one of my favorite games. Still my main SNES to this day, thinking of getting it RGB modded soon.

Pic related.
>>
>>4144289
I might have that complete in storage somewhere.
>>
File: Maniac_Mansion_artwork.jpg (126KB, 256x341px) Image search: [Google]
Maniac_Mansion_artwork.jpg
126KB, 256x341px
My aunt gifted me in the year 2000 an amstrad PC with Maniac Mansion and like other 8 games because her kids where too old. All in mint condition.
Still have it all.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.