[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Non modded ps1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1500910700459-1041682981.jpg (267KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1500910700459-1041682981.jpg
267KB, 1280x720px
So i own an original non modded ps1 and a copy of crash bandicoot 3, sadly i found out that the cd is damaged (scratches mostly) and it won't run.

Now is there any way to either play a copy of the game on a cd without modding (which i suppose is legal because i own a copy of the game), or to fix the original game disk? Pic related
>>
>>4143134
Which SCPH revision of PlayStation do you have?
>>
>>4143134
swap trick. Better to mod it though.
>>
>>4143161
Not OP, but I am in the same situation.
I have an SCPH-1002
>>
>>4143652
Okay you have three options:

1. Solder in a modchip.
2. Swap trick. This is exceptionally easy in a 1002 using the CD player:

- Boot up console with no disc or with lid open. Go into CD player.
- Insert retail disc and hold down lid switch with a spring, blu-tac or wedge in a cocktail stick. Just make sure it's securely depressed.
- CD player will spin up disc, read TOC (track numbers will appear) and spin down again.
- Replace retail disc with burned pirate copy and exit CD player.
- Pirate copy will now load using retail disc's TOC.

This means no more juggling spinning discs to do the swap trick and zero chance of fucking up the motor or spindle.

3. Make solderless modchip using Gameshark-type device.

- Acquire said device.
- Burn Unirom disc and use swap trick as before to boot it. (http://www.psxdev.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=722)
- Flash Unirom standalone to device.

Voila! You now have a portable modchip which will work on any PlayStation revision which has a parallel port. No soldering (or desoldering and resoldering when your console/laser eventually dies)

Hth
>>
>>4143695
Do you even know how to read? He asked for a solution that doesn't require modding.
>>
Op here, scph 9002, am i fucked?
>>
>>4143707
OP did, I don't really mind that much, though.

Like everyone else I just want to play some hard-to-get PS1 games without braking the bank or my beloved old PS1 that has been with me since my childhood.
>>
>>4143134
Swap trick works, however, sometimes the audio or video seems to skip. I'm guessing it has to do with the CDs.being low quality or something.
>>
>>4143852

Try burning at some different speeds if you haven't already, half the max speed of the burner always does it for my PS1.
>>
File: 1499701914806.gif (449KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1499701914806.gif
449KB, 500x281px
>>4143707
Do the swap trick using my method 2 then...

Seeing as OP is long gone and didn't respond to my initial request for further clarification regarding his console revision I decided to offer solutions for everyone instead.

Sorry if you'd rather argue than learn. Perhaps have a wank or something to let off some steam?
>>
>>4143885
Sorry i was at work, does the swap trick work on scph 9002?
>>
>>4143134
Toothpaste trick, skip doctor but they make the surface look weird. If foil is scratched sometimes al foil taped to the top can work.
>>
I have an action replay device that lets me do the swap trick easily. What advantages does the Unirom firmware have over the stock one?
>>
>>4143928
Only disc-juggling. You can't use the CD player trick.

>>4144398
You don't need to swap discs any more. It boots CD-Rs and imports directly just like a modchip.
>>
>>4144798
Is there any risk to brick the action replay? I'm not sure whether it is original or chinese clone?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.