[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Majora's Mask Gyorg

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: maxresdefault.jpg (38KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
38KB, 1280x720px
The fuck were they thinking?
>>
Maybe the thread could work on /v/ but it did not deserve its own thread on /vr/
>>
>>4142504
Majora's Mask has some really silly bosses, outside of Twinmold.
>>
>>4142509
>>4142512
It wasn't just silly, my point is that it was one of the most poorly-designed portions of a premiere Nintendo game I've ever played. Half-baked swimming controls, suicidal camera, and the fish quickly outmaneuvers your crap swimming controls because it is fast as hell. All the other bosses in this and Ocarina are cakewalks in comparison. It just felt very, very poorly-designed.
>>
>>4142557
> swimming controls
What? Those were fine, in fact I liked them quite a lot better than shit like Oracle of Ages swimming.
>>
>>4142561
They're competent until you're stuck in a high-risk situation where you need to haul ass and have perfect timing. So in this battle you're fucked.
>>
>>4142557
Get good.
>>
>>4142504
Partial tedium aside, I actually like this boss battle a lot. One of the few 3D Zelda bosses that came close to the challenge factor more present in those found within the 2D entries.
>>
Why is there an horizontal black line in the "GYORG" letters?
>>
>>4142875
Shitty N64 emulation can't tile textures together properly
>>
Vro they need to make another hd remake of majoras mask but with dlc where you can get the sun mask and majoras mask
>>
>>4142582
People who play Zelda are adverse to things needibg timing alnd skill.
>>
File: OOTgodess.png (130KB, 249x380px) Image search: [Google]
OOTgodess.png
130KB, 249x380px
>>4143056
Not everyone who plays Zelda is Egoraptor.
>>
>>4143070
Who is that jap woman?
>>
>>4142504
Worst of the 4 aside,
they really screwed the pooch even harder in MM3D
>>
>>4142880
Poorly coded

Bazinga
>>
I always liked his design and thought the fish he shat out were cool. He scared me as a kid a bit, like a lot of things in that game. I thought the fight was tough, but fun.
>>4143102
I don't own any modern consoles, so can't play MM3d. How did they fuck it up?
>>
File: 1500677410643.jpg (54KB, 375x521px) Image search: [Google]
1500677410643.jpg
54KB, 375x521px
>>4142504
>>4142557
LOL you should see the remake version if you think N64 Gyorg was poorly designed.

Nevertheless, pic related.
>>
File: MM3D_Gyorg_Intro[1].png (228KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
MM3D_Gyorg_Intro[1].png
228KB, 400x240px
>>4143164
You shoot it with arrows so that it surfaces at the platform so you can attack the very large eye that comes out of its mouth.

Then it makes the platform go underwater, and it creates smaller fish and tries to suck you in.

Then mines come out of the ground and Gyorg swims to the other side of the room from wherever you are, and you have to cut the chain for a mine as Gyorg is inhaling.

In short, they made it so it isn't challenging or interesting at all.
>>
>>4143138
It's incredible that they got something right in that sitcom, usually vidya jokes on TV are always inaccurate.
>>
>>4143185
Yea, why does "remaking" something usually mean fucking it up?
>>
>>4143094
They call her "Human Zelda Encyclopedia".
Check the Iwata Asks interview for OOT3D.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (61KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
61KB, 1280x720px
>>4142557
>Half-baked swimming controls, suicidal camera, and the fish quickly outmaneuvers your crap swimming controls because it is fast as hell
>>
>>4143220
I just don't understand why Grezzo was able to remake OoT with only a few minor changes, yet when it came to MM they felt the need to make changes to the transformation masks, the bosses, side quests. OoT 3D was a straight upgrade, MM 3D isn't.
>>
>>4143234
Just update the graphics, fix anything that was too buggy, and don't fuck with the design. They ruined some of the enemies and atmosphere from what I saw in OoT 3d and I can see they made Gyorg look wimpy in MM3d. The lighting in those games weren't bright, the darkness added to the tension and they stripped that from the 3d ones. I take it Grezzo was the company Nintendo shipped the remakes out to?
>>
>>4143242
Yep, they also did Triforce Heroes. But on a better note, they made Ever Oasis.
>>
File: OOTdeadhand.jpg (277KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
OOTdeadhand.jpg
277KB, 800x600px
>>4143242
Yeah Grezzo were the dev company, they got access to the original OOT code to make it.
The lighting thing is true but I felt it wasn't that big of a deal except for maybe Ganon, but still the atmosphere I felt was about the same as on the original, with better 3D models.
One thing though, they did tone down the blood you find on the bottom of the well in Kakariko (on the original, there's an X cross that has blood underneath. On OOT3D, the blood is still there, but much less noticeable, and then there's that one scary enemy that's white and has a creepy face, on the original, that one is all bloody, in the remake, he barely has a few pink-ish stains hinting at blood but not really. That's all I can think, the rest of the game is perfect.
I also must say Miyamoto had a great idea to implement on OOT3D, and Grezzo were able to pull it off nicely: the gyroscope option for aiming. It makes using the bow and other aiming items or just looking around much easier and better, I wasn't expecting to use the gyro feature, but I ended up loving it.
>>
>>4143246
Don't play much modern games, but Ever Oasis looks kind of cool.
>>4143250
Deadhand, yea, that's one thing I know they messed with. I like some of the updated models, and I guess I'm just a stickler for liking the darker lighting. Nice that they streamlined some things. The bow could be annoying to aim at times.
>>
>>4143302
That's the thing with OoT 3D - they made cosmetic changes and made some gameplay improvements, but they didn't go and change all of the bosses to mandate hitting a big eye that pops out of them.
>>
>>4143250
Yeah gyro-aiming was a godsend. I didn't have much problem aiming on the N64 most of the ties, but horseback aiming can be tricky. On OoT 3D, doing things like Poe-hunring or the Gerudo horseback mini-game were much easier (and felt much better) to do due to gyro control. The better framerate probably helps too.
I also like that you can choose between regular or gyro controls on the fly too, it's not an option you need to set up or something, so if you don't feel like moving your 3DS around you can just aim normally with the circlepad.
>>
>>4142504
Yeah this boss also frustrated the shit out of me. But I give MM credit for being challenging despite only having 4 dungeons. I swear I could probably beat the first three dungeons of OoT in the time it took me to figure out that fucking great bay temple. Made finishing it satisfying.
>>
OOT3D and MM3D 'fixed edition' romhacks when?
>>
>>4143578
There's not really much to fix on OOT3D.
>>
>>4142873
>challenge factor more present in those found within the 2D entries

Are you high?
You probably made this thread >>4142481
>>
File: image__9693_.jpg (52KB, 618x819px) Image search: [Google]
image__9693_.jpg
52KB, 618x819px
>>4142504
No expert but, some cultures have giant ancient fish gods that swim the nether world or the space between dimensions. So maybe when developers make games they research all sorts of lores and tales, architecture and infrastructure, religion and military and a whole buncha other topics.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.