[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spyro the Dragon (and other PS1 platformers)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: serveimage.jpg (65KB, 353x349px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
65KB, 353x349px
The original Spyro is far superior to its sequels, and I resent the direction Insomniac took with them. In addition to making Spyro move much slower, giving the speaking characters a paragraph of dialogue each while never letting Spyro banter with them makes the interactions drag on painfully, and the objectives that the player has to accomplish to get orbs from the side characters make the game feel more like doing a laundry list of chores than going on a fun adventure. It's almost like Insomniac felt pressured to make Spyro more "kid-friendly" than he already was after the original's success. Elora is cute, though, and some of Spyro 2's side characters aren't that bad. Haven't got far enough in Spyro 3 to comment on that game much.
>>
>>4142480
Pretty good blog.

I agree. Kinda miss how surreal and dreamlike the atmosphere was in the first one. Felt very barren like a lot of early 3d titles, but in the good way.
>>
>>4142480
I link this every time Spyro comes up.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/131581/lessons_in_color_theory_for_spyro_.php
>>
>>4142480
>The original Spyro is far superior to its sequels, and I resent the direction Insomniac took with them.
I'm of the opposite opinion desu, but one thing I think is pretty consistent around all three was the pretty good art direction.
>>
>>4142480
>holding resentment for 20 years over a game made for little kids

Ohh /vr/, never change!
>>
>>4142949
>Critiquing retro games on the retro games board isn't allowed

Why are you here?
>>
>>4142664
good stuff, anon
>>
File: s2-1_066-n.T.2.png (392KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
s2-1_066-n.T.2.png
392KB, 1920x1080px
>Starting a Spyro general without posting the screenshot/wallpaper links
Dick move

http://imgur.com/a/W4uw7
http://imgur.com/a/Yw04X
http://imgur.com/a/p2WHl
>>
I just finished the original Spyro for the first time.

Its really easy compared to other ps1 platformers like crash, but it did age better and it was fun to search for all the stuff hidden in the levels, some jumps are frustrating, the final stage sucked, but it makes up for it with the bonus level to get the last gems in the game.

pretty gud, 120%completion/10
>>
File: 1485558699478.jpg (83KB, 354x423px) Image search: [Google]
1485558699478.jpg
83KB, 354x423px
>Spyro 2
>Winter Tundra
>393 gems
>Can't find the last 6
>>
>>4149412
Can't you press all the L and R buttons to get Sparx to point to them?
>>
>>4149437
That wasn't until Spyro 3.
>>
>>4142480
Yeah, I like the original Spyro the best. No minigame bullshit, no backtracking due to needing some ability gained in a future world, no gating on the levels...just pure and simple exploration collect-a-thon.

And it had the best music.

HD remake when?
>>
I've only played the first Spyro. Precise movement is a bit too difficult if you need to turn where you are
>>
>>4149938
No, I'm pretty sure 2 had it as well. IIRC you don't have to unlock it like in 3, so it might be easy to not realise it's available.
>>
The music is great but why doesn't it properly loop? Annoying how it fades out and then starts again
>>
>>4149974
It's not playing the music through hardware where it can do the intro and then start looping at the appropriate point, it's just playing a cd track so it has to start from the beginning again.
>>
>Neh neh neh-neh neh!
>Heh heh heh.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.