[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Great Debate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: csk.jpg (536KB, 877x400px) Image search: [Google]
csk.jpg
536KB, 877x400px
Who made the best urban punk belt scrollers: Capcom, Sega, or Konami?
>>
>>4142465
SEGA because they is first party.
They don't care about money and time to make best game for their console.
>>
Violent Storm is fucking awesome but the other Konami brawlers are blatant quarter munchers and not a lot of fun.

Capcom probably has the largest library of great games, they made at least a dozen fan favourites.
>>
Final Fight because it's the reason those two on the right exist at all.
>>
Crapcom
>>
>>4142465
Capcom overall as they dominated the market with many great beatemups, for stand alone title though of urban punk i'd give it to irems undercover cops.
>>
>>4142465
>urban punk belt scrollers

Fuck off with the Millennial bullshit faggot.

They've always been known as Beat'emups.
>>
>>4142651
Beat 'em up sounds almost as retarded as shmup.
>>
>>4142676
Shoot em' up and Beat em' up are the terms everyone used in the 90's. Shit even blockbuster had stickers on Battletoads for NES that said Beat em' up.

belt scroll, shmup, STG, etc are nonsensical ways for people to feel special about their chosen "sub"genre.
>>
>urban punk belt scrollers
????
>>
>>4142610
Anon, all arcade beat 'em ups are quarter munchers.
>>
>>4142651
Millennial here. As far as I know we don't call them "belt scrollers" either. I always just use/hear beat 'em up.
>>
>>4142465
What are the best anarchist elevator scrollers?
>>
>>4142465
first time I've heard the term 'belt scroller'

also this >>4142715 although I don't think you actually say 'shmup' it's just a shorter way to write shoot em up.
>>
Sega. Streets of Rage is one of the few trilogies where all three games are good.
>>
File: image.png (8KB, 320x256px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
8KB, 320x256px
Technos.
>>
>>4143194
this
>>
>>4143194
Kunio-kun games are too shallow. Shadow Force was ok, but not as great as the top tier beat 'em ups.
>>
>>4142630
Final Fight is a glorified Double Dragon, desu.
>>
>>4143190
You people still getting worked up over a meme?
>>
>>4142465
Random question for everyone on this thread. This is kinda off topic but, look at that BKII cover art and can you please identify who Max is modeled after? Cuz Axel is clearly Van Damme, Skate is Eddie Murphy and Blaze is Denise Richards... I kinda wanna say Max's face is very Bruce Lee-esque but that build is off.
>>
>>4143194
>>4143296
I like you guys.
>>
>belt scroller

None of these look electromechanical to me though...
>>
>>4143570
And Double Dragon is a glorified Renegade
nobody gave a shit about double dragon in the 90s, Final Fight was the main influence
>>
>>4142465
If we have to choose from those three series, SEGA wins by a mile

Capcom and Konami both had a ton of other successful arcade beat-em-ups that should not be discounted though
>>
>>4143582
>getting worked up
what in that post gave you that impression?
>>
>>4143597
>in the 90s
There's your problem. Technos was huge in the 80s
>>
>>4143642
When beat 'em ups still had archaic traditions, Capcom modernized the genre
>>
>>4143646
And took the basics from Technos. You can't use the x is better because it did it first argument because every damn thing is a derivative of something that came out earlier.
>>
>>4143662
Technos had some basic ideas but Final Fight perfected it and established the standard, that's why nobody in the 90s took Double Dragon as reference, but Final Fight

In fact there is nothing revolutionary about Double Dragon, it's just Renegade with 2 players, Renegade was the real revolutionary game
>>
>>4143673
Sounds more like Fagcom fanbois like weaker gaems, Nekketsu Kunio Kun still is the perfect beat em up and no game comes close on the gameplay.
>>
>>4144036
>Fagcom fanbois like weaker gaems
Renegade is one of the most trivial beat 'em ups to beat, though, it's Golden Axe tier simple
>>
Technos would've still been relevant in the 90's if they haven't outsourced Double Dragon 3 to some crappy team and added in-game transactions.

At least River City Ransom and Double Dragon II on the NES were still awesome.
>>
Capcom, duh.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.