[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who needs a crummy old CRT when games look THIS good on a New 3DS?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

File: pixel perfect.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
pixel perfect.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
Who needs a crummy old CRT when games look THIS good on a New 3DS?
>>
>>4142413
Because Sonic uses dithering.
>>
>>4142418
>composhite
>>
It's a non-strobed sample-and-hold display
>>
File: nomad5.jpg (45KB, 431x421px) Image search: [Google]
nomad5.jpg
45KB, 431x421px
>>4142413
THATS NOT A FUCKING NOMAD GTFO OUT LIL NINTENDO BABBY BIOTCH
>>
>>4142413
Because a new 3ds is still more expensive you fuck.
>>
>>4142461
Cheaper than a CRT and modded Wii.
>>
>>4142467
A wii can be gotten for like 30 bucks. A CRT you can find free on craigslist and then you can still get a CRT for at most 100 or so bucks. 130 is cheaper than the new 3DS so no.
>>
get out of here with this bait, the ghosting and blurry picture in motion is awful
>>
What can the n3ds/normal 3ds emulate properly?
>>
>>4142474
The o3ds can only do up to about SNES. The N3DS can do all that the o3ds without much compromise (i.e. frameskipping, less accurate audio, etc.). It can also play up to GBA advance games while the o3DS can not.
>>
>>4142469
No, Wiis are AT LEAST $80 nowadays, unless it's one of the shitty models without GC support.

Just because I can find an N3DS for $100 doesn't mean that's the normal going price. It's close, though.

>>4142472
>Ghosting
You've never used one. Enjoy your CRT blur and image stretched to 4:3.

>>4142487
GBA is natively supported on all models.
>>
>>4142467
A CRT can literally be found in the fucking trash or for really cheap off craigslist and thrift shops.

A Nintendo is getting cheaper since more people are getting rid of them after they have spent the past 5 years in attics when people stopped giving a shit about the wii.

Even prices on ebay for the wii are alot cheaper then buying a new 3ds or even a used one as even the non retarded 2ds is 150 bucks when a wii can be found for 40 on the internet and cheaper in person..
>>
>>4142496
Okay poorfag

>A CRT can literally be found in the fucking trash
And it'll be in terrible shape with a really fucked picture
>>
>>4142508
Well the problem with is how much they weigh plus the fact that dumping them in trash is illegal. People would rather someone just come and take it rather than deal with the hassle of trying to move it.
>>
I have a n3dxl. Its real nice for decent portable emulation. Plus it has a 240p screen which is great for retro. I use official VC and injects whenever i can. Though i do prefer playing on my crt with my old systems or wii vc
>>
>>4142492
>You've never used one
It's not a product of the 3DS specifically.
I don't think "ghosting" is the right term, but you can't avoid motion blur on a sample-and-hold LCD unless you strobe the backlight (or have sci-fi super frame rates in the thousands). That's just how the human brain works.
If you haven't seen a CRT in a long time you may have forgotten how sharp and clear they are when scrolling compared to (non-strobed) modern displays.
>>
literally the best way to play retro vidya
>>
>>4142413
With those shitty buttons? No, thank's.
>>
>>4142881
>not strong enough to run Higan/bsnes
>can't do 5th gen, period
Nope.
>>
Agreed. The 3D ports and pixel-perfect SNES VC is pure kino
>>
>>4142893
5th gen isn't really retro anyway. 4th is the true cut-off point.
>>
>>4142906
Careful. You'll trigger /vr/ loyalists and the underage.
>>
>>4142909
Don't like it, don't post here.
>>
>>4142487
>The o3ds can only do up to about SNES.
Sure - you need to use a certain emulator to play them, since the VC games won't work, but yes.

>It can also play up to GBA advance games while the o3DS can not.
u wot
>>
>>4142508
>he doesn't know how to repair CRTs
wow what a little babby
>>
the button layout makes my hand cramp
>>
>>4143571
the screens are good but as controlers the psps or the vita are better.

>Dat analogue tough.
>>
>>4144029
Am I the only one who doesn't despise the PSP analog nub with a passion?
>>
>>4142906
So long as 4th gen includes PC-98 I'm OK with this
>>
>>4142452
that monstrosity would require a compact fusion reactor to run
>>
>>4142487
>o3DS can not [play GBA].
If you have a VC version of a GBA game it runs perfectly. I'm sure the homebrew emulator is not great, but you can patch any GBA game into a VC title.
>>
>>4144035
The travel it's awful, best portable otherwise.
>>
>>4144197
The homebrew gba emulators sucks no matter which model you have.
>>
>>4142492
I will sell you a Wii for $80
>>
>>4142413
For emulation/hacked purposes, should I get New 2DS or New 3DS?

New 3DS is nice cause it's slightly smaller and cheaper
but New 3DS has 3D, which is a somewhat barely nifty kindof feature i might not wanna sacrifice
>>
>>4144287
3D is a neat effect, but mostly useless for emulation. I only use it for cutscenes in 3DS games.

I have an XL but kind of wish I got the smaller model.
>>
>>4142492
I found a pre-hacked wii with homebrew channel installed for $12.50 at a thrift store. Only downside is the wii wont boot to menu without that stupid fucking wiimote so I had to buy a nyko wiimote for $15 from gameshit.

I also have a 13" zenith CRT tv that I found in my garage 4 FREE.

Total Price = $30

This is how you retro game on a budget. Im part jew btw.
>>
>>4144287
The 2DS it's terrible, it's just a cheaper 3Ds.
>>
>>4144321
It's a New 3DS without the 3DS and camera literally (making it very slightly smaller)

>>4144302
I probably wouldn't get XL. The point of these things to me are to be in my pockets. I think the XL might be too big for that.
>>
I could never get genesis to work properly on my new3ds. Is there a good guide out there?
>>
>>4144364
Sega 3D Classics when you can
Genesis Plus GX when you can't
Picodrive when you really can't
>>
>>4144379
Whoops. I'm not OP.
>>
>americans throw out their CRTs

Literally why? Ever since I was a kid I was told never to throw anything useful away.

I have a great CRT in the attic hooked up to an N64, PS2, Gamecube and recently, a gifted SNES, works great.
>>
>>4144490
Because when people upgrade, the thing they replaced becomes redundant.
My parents told me that too but you can't hold on to fucking everything.

CRTs are worthless outside of the gaming niche.
>>
>>4144490
My computer monitor died and had to buy an LCD. I didn't had a choice really.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.