[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SNES/Super Famicom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

Why is the NA SNES so expensive yet I found a Super Famicom on ebay for like 22 bucks?

Are SNES games over valued?
>>
The NA version is easier to modify to play any SFC/SNES cartridge.
>>
>>4142364
>modify
>not having an adapter

???
>>
>>4142368
Normalfags don't care about originality, they care about simplicity.
>>
There's just more ameriburgers interested in buying them.
>>
>The pain of growing up in the PAL region
>My childhood gaming was 'wrong'
I do prefer the look of the PAL console however.
Is there much difference between;
If I mod a PAL SNES for 60Hz and region free, does it have the same video quality as the Super Famicom, assuming it's a 1chip? I've read PAL didn't do CSync by default
>>
>>4142328
Because Americans are retarded when it comes to novelty. They overprices le epic retro video games. That, and the SNES had less of a demand for production.
>>
Is there a good converter to play american cartridges on super famicom?

I dont wanna cut the console.
>>
>>4142448
the cheap option is to just play the games without the casing.
You do have a game bit, right, anon?
>>
>>4142448
They're amazingly expensive for a slot connected to a board consisting only of pins and traces.

http://www.goldenshop.com/ai/products.php?131
>>
>>4142448
you can buy empty SFC shells and switch the boards. I just switched yoshi's island and the JP version since the JP game was like 4 bucks, and now I can play english on either system.
>>4142483
jesus christ man.
>>
File: sfc19.jpg (213KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
sfc19.jpg
213KB, 1024x683px
I love my babies
>>
>>4143245
How did you get them not to yellow
>>
>>4143253
Luck, I guess. I wouldn't mind the yellow though.
>>
>>4142436
PAL got Terranigma.
>>
>>4143258
my understanding is that the 1chip models are less prone to yellowing

>>4143308
flashcarts solve that problem though right?
if not, i guess get the supercic mod?
>>
>>4142376
Why do Americans hate modding their consoles?
>>
>>4144564
I don't think this has anything to do with Americans or modding. You have the option to just buy an adapter that solves a problem or cut up some plastic parts. You have to be a very poor unemployed spergboi to choose the latter.
>>
>>4144649
Why? Because it's easy and simple? Why use an adapter when all it takes is breaking some plastic?
>>
>>4143253
http://www.sallybeauty.com/salonc-care-40-volume-creme-developer/SBS-760140,default,pd.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=SHO&cm_mmc=google-_-SHO-_-cpc-_-keyword&gclid=CjwKCAjwtdbLBRALEiwAm8pA5c2x6DQ68-GT4__fWZ3ulze1zIm_P7Ql41JwKw2TkfGt7dlH2G6rUBoC2PUQAvD_BwE

apply a thin layer of link related and let sit under a UV light and the yellowing will come off.
>>
>>4144564
I'm not american, and I don't like gore.
>>
>>4144676
Because civilized people don't like to destroy things that took a lot of money and effort to manufacture.
>>
>>4144758
Plastic isn't expensive, for one, and increasing its utility is hardly destroying it. Did you never have kits in your country?
>>
SNES jr is the best.
>>
>>4144895
can you please elaborate on that?
>>
>>4144906
looks better than PAL and NTSC OG snes and has better RGB quality.
>>
>>4145047
>looks better than PAL and NTSC OG snes
NTSC SNES yes, PAL SNES/SFC no (or at least debatable)

>and has better RGB quality
is the difference that noticeable compared to a regular 1chip? Even a 1chip03?
>>
>>4145056
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k2HVB9S8CA
>>
>>4144676
See previous post about very poor unemployed spergboi, very poor unemployed spergboi.
>>
>>4144758
Smart people don't like wasting money on shit they don't need. I broke the useless region blocks in a few seconds, and I also don't have a dumbass adaptor sticking out. You have to be autistic to care about two insignificant pieces of plastic you'd never see unless you're looking into the cartridge slot.
>>
>>4145556
>Smart people don't like wasting money on shit they don't need.
Objectively speaking, nobody "needs" video game consoles.

But here's my opinion on the matter:
region free adapter = pleb
"modder" = mindless brute ape
actually owning both a SNES and a Super Famicom = patrician
>>
is there an adapter on ebay that just lets me plug in snes games into the super famicom(jap)?

I know I could just unscrew the pcb and I can do that but id rather not if I could just find an adaptor.

That isnt overly expensive, id make one too if I knew how to order custom pcbs

>>4145567
By both systems I hope you mean snes jr because the original is fucking ugly. Purple, while a nice colour does not work well with the bick brock like buttons.

Besides super famicom looks the best
>>
22 bucks?!?!?! frig imma get me one of them, altho i can't read jap and prolly wont hardly ever play the thing, but the super famicom looks so much more better than the burger snes.

on a somewhat related note, that pal shit doesn't apply to the snes mini does it, like i could get a european snes classic and hook it up to my american tv and it wont be fugged up cause of the pal/ntsc shit will it?
>>
>>4144852
they used to but now everything comes manufactured and with a brand name so americans are in love with their brands and wont buy kits for anything anymore
>>
>>4146265
no HDMI is one standard we dont have that dumb ass region shit anymore
>>
>>4146241
>Purple, while a nice colour does not work well with the bick brock like buttons.
Under what criteria? I think they look fine.
>>
>>4146882
in my opinion, regarding SNES console aesthetics;

PAL/SFC > SFC Jr > NTSC Jr > NTSC
>>
>>4146901
You know the Super Famicom outputs NTSC, right?
>>
>>4142483
That's unfortunate.
>>
>>4146901
If it's your personal opinion that's fine, I personally don't like the Jr. models, and prefer the regular NTSC-U SNES over them, but SFC is the best looking one for me.
>>
>>4148296
sounds like we're almost in total agreement then
I agree something looks very low budget about the Jr models

>>4146907
What on earth does that have to do with anything? I was only referring to the fact that I like the look of the Jap SNES more than the US SNES
>>
To all the idiots buying overpriced adapters: Why not just use a Game Genie??
>>
>>4142328
That's just US vs JPN prices in general. I collect mostly for PS1. Japanese games cost half what US ones do, and the Japanese ones don't have content cut from them. So I just go JPN, unless it's a text/story heavy game, then I'll go US. My Japanese is limited.
>>
>>4142328
>Super Famicom on ebay for like 22 bucks

You should really check out the ebay auctions, you can get Super Famicoms with free shipping from Japan for around $16-18. They're a little yellowed, you'll have to pay more for the nicer looking ones, but it's a great start.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.