[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the Master System so underappreciated on /vr/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 16

File: themastersystem.png (198KB, 650x342px) Image search: [Google]
themastersystem.png
198KB, 650x342px
It's got a bunch of great platformers, better arcade ports than the Famicom, some really cool peripherals like the 3D glasses, and a sexy red and black design.

So, what gives?
>>
>>4141794
>better arcade ports
When are you people going to realize that only a tiny, TINY minority of gamers actually care about arcade ports, doubly so in regards to their fidelity?
>>
Instead of having victim-complex and starting a thread with "why don't you guys like my system? it has better arcade ports than the Famicom!" console war-y shitposting, why didn't you just start a regular SMS thread? Asking for favorite games, or just listing your own favorite games.
But no, you had to start the thread with victim complex bullshit and console war bait.

Master System is alright, the catalogue isn't as expansive but it has some good exclusives like Wonder Boy III and Zillion.
>>
>>4141802
Back then you cared, the master system was a great console but did better in places where Nintendo didn't reached.

Besides Japan of course but in SA we had plenty of them, Disney's land of illusion it's a master piece.
>>
>>4141814
>SA
South America or South Asia?
>>
>>4141814
So back to your original question, if SO MANY PEOPLE truly cared about arcade ports, then just why did the Master System fail to dominate?

Really makes you think.
>>
>>4141794
As much as I love the SMS, I honestly can't recall that many great games for it. But I do know they had ports that were more superior than it's NES counterpart, Rambo & Ghostbusters are proof of that. With that said, I tend to love the 16 bit generation & upwards.
>>
>>4141820
Nintendo forced third party developers into a deal that they could only develop games on the NES, they couldn't make it for the SMS. Luckily Nintendo's shady business practices didn't last long when the Sega Genesis came around.
>>
>>4141836
did you know Hiroshi Yamauchi wasn't actually a human being? He was a vessel that enclosed 7 yakuza oni spirits from 7 different regions in Japan. These oni monopolized the gambling in Japan with the hanafuda Nintendo cards and put a spell so that no other company could produce cards, truly evil.

Yamauchi, often referred to as "大魔王 ティラノ天堂" (Great Evil King Tyranotendo), tyranized the video games market with his monopolic practises, it is said that the Master System or the PC Engine didn't actually ever exist, and that they were invented time after so hide the fact that the Famicom was actually the one and only console existing in Japan.
>>
>>4141838
Someone make one of those Did You Know? Gaming cards for this post, because it's a gem which must be preserved.
>>
>>4141824
>I honestly can't recall that many great games for it.
Here's the Massie's top 20 original action games with platforming elements:

Wonder Boy IV: The Dragon's Trap
Penguin Land: Space Adventures
Alex Kidd in Miracle World
Shinobi Kidd
Sanic the Hedgehog
Sanic 2
Psycho Fox
Kenseiden
Jungle Fighter Danan
Ninja Gaiden
Master of Darkness
Running Battle
Lucky Dime Caper
Deep Duck Trouble
Asterix
Asterix's Secret Mission
Aladdin
Batman Returns
Jurassic Park
Taz-Mania

Not original, but arguably better than the original versions:

Psycho World
Golvellius

Honestly though, if you pick a game at random, it'll probably be a good game, which the same can't be said for NES' library full of generic shovelware.
>>
>>4141852
>Honestly though, if you pick a game at random, it'll probably be a good game, which the same can't be said for NES' library full of generic shovelware.
This is why Master System threads get full of shitposters, because of Sega fanboys like you asking for it.
>>
>>4141852
The only ones I'd consider actually great out of that list are Wonder Boy...
Sorry, that's it.
There's a couple good ones there, like Kenseiden or Deep Duck Trouble (where's Land of Illusion?), and then there's generic shovelware like Taz-Mania.
If that's the best the SMS can offer, then I'll take the NES' "generic shovelware" like Castlevania, Bionic Commando, Contra, etc.
>>
>>4141859
>and then there's generic shovelware like Taz-Mania.
Have you played it? It's not the same as the Genesis version, and is quite fun.
>>
>>4141852
>Honestly though, if you pick a game at random, it'll probably be a good game, which the same can't be said for NES' library full of generic shovelware.

let's put that to the test, shall we? Time for the handy-dandy /vr/ gauntlet.
http://s3kr.it/gauntlet.html

I got Mick & Mack as the Global Gladiators. Now we just need a couple dozen others to feed their data to make this scientific.
>>
>>4141865
I did, it's not bad, but it's rather generic. Wouldn't put on a top 20, take it off and put Land of illusion on that list.
The Genesis version also wasn't as bad as people say, actually.
>>
>>4141870
I got Ultima 4, which many say is the greatest version of U4 in existence.
>>
>>4141870
I got DBZ III Killer Androids for NES, and Wimbledon II for Master System.
>>
>>4141859
>If that's the best the SMS can offer, then I'll take the NES' "generic shovelware" like Castlevania, Bionic Commando, Contra, etc.
See, this is why we can't have decent discussions on /vr/ anymore, because of easily offended Nintendo manchildren like yourself. You took my opinion of a system you like and have to throw back passive-aggressive bullshit back at me. We get it, the NES has some good games, you don't have to be a bitch over someone preferring something else.
>>
>>4141889
>opinion on a system
>full of generic shovelware
You just shitposted against the NES, you are asking for console war shitposting, buddy.
Talk about easily offended fanboys.
By the way, I was always a Segatendo idort, I also shit on Nintendo fanboys that try to dismiss Sega.

Fanboys like you is why we can't have nice /vr/ discussion.
Delete this shitty thread and start a new one without mentioning the Famicom, or Nintendo.
>>
>>4141852
>Jungle Fighter Danan
I like you choose this instead of Rastan.
It's a much prettier and more engaging game.
>>
>>4141896
>You just shitposted against the NES, you are asking for console war shitposting, buddy.
No, I gave my opinion of the NES, and all you're doing is autistic screeching whilst adding nothing to the thread.

>Talk about easily offended fanboys.
Yes, you are.

>By the way, I was always a Segatendo idort, I also shit on Nintendo fanboys that try to dismiss Sega.
Sure you were, Nintendo fanboy.

>Fanboys like you is why we can't have nice /vr/ discussion.
Again with the projection.

>Delete this shitty thread and start a new one without mentioning the Famicom, or Nintendo.
No, how about you kill yourself, retarded shitposter. Stay on topic or fuck off.
>>
>>4141907
>i gave my opinion
>by saying a console is full of generic shovelware
Your opinion is bait and you know it. Don't like the outcome? Expected a Nintendo fanboy instead of an actual guy who enjoyes video game regardless of companies calling you out on your fanboysim? Tough luck.
>Yes, you are.
I'm not the one that needs to shit on the "competitor"'s console to feel better about my console of choice, because as an idort, I don't need to choose only one.
>Nintendo fanboy.
You wish I was one.
>projection
It's funny, because the projection comes from you calling me a fanboy.
>kill yourself reeeeee
Relax buddy. Just remember, if you want a good Master System thread without shitposting, how about not calling for the shitposting on the first place?
>b-but it was just my opinion!
The opinion of a fanboy. Also, nobody will take you seriously if you say NES is just generic shovelware, nintendo fanboys or not.
>>
File: metroid.jpg (29KB, 939x335px) Image search: [Google]
metroid.jpg
29KB, 939x335px
>>4141870
Well I'll be damned.
>>
>>4141794
For arcade ports, I only liked SMS R-type and Ghouls 'n Ghosts. Hated everything else.
>>
>>4141838
everytiem
>>
File: huh.png (4KB, 730x229px) Image search: [Google]
huh.png
4KB, 730x229px
>>4141870
>>
My next buy is a mega drive with the addon for MS games, how good is backward compatibility of the games on the MD?
>>
I didn't like Psycho Fox then and I don't like it now.

What's the deal with it? People keep suggesting this I think you guys haven't played it recently or your nostalgia goggles recipe is for straight up blindness.
>>
>>4141913
>Your opinion is bait and you know it. Don't like the outcome? Expected a Nintendo fanboy instead of an actual guy who enjoyes video game regardless of companies calling you out on your fanboysim? Tough luck.
It's not bait actually, but if thinking that will make you sleep better tonight, then go right ahead, sport.

>I'm not the one that needs to shit on the "competitor"'s console to feel better about my console of choice, because as an idort, I don't need to choose only one.
Neither do I. But I never said that I only played one system, just that I think the SMS is better than the NES.

>You wish I was one.
>It's funny, because the projection comes from you calling me a fanboy.
Because you're acting like one. Stop getting your panties in a twist over someone not fellating Miyamoto's dick, and you won't be called a Nintendo fanboy, simple as that.

>Relax buddy. Just remember, if you want a good Master System thread without shitposting, how about not calling for the shitposting on the first place?
We can have a good thread without babies like yourself getting upset over opinions. Don't like it? Then get lost.

>The opinion of a fanboy. Also, nobody will take you seriously if you say NES is just generic shovelware, nintendo fanboys or not.
Are you seriously implying the NES doesn't have more shitty games overall than the SMS does? Because you'd be wrong.
>>
>>4141794
It was a long, long time before I learned that the Genesis wasn't Sega's first console, so I assume that the Master System wasn't marketed well in the U.S. Although it's not a bad console, it also doesn't compare favorably to the NES.
>>
>>4141794
>Why is the Master System so underappreciated on /vr/?

It wasn't widely distributed or popular outside of a few very specific markets. The U.S. was cheated out of tons of SMS games. (Although some of those later appeared in the form of GG titles)

I did actually (briefly) own an SMS growing up, so I do have some nostalgia for it. But I had to emulate most of the console's library much later on since those games were never released in my region.
>>
>>4141794
It's not. Normally if you start a SMS thread the huefags will show up in droves to rant about how cool it is. There must be some reason they aren't doing this and one newfriend is. Maybe the tilt of the earth?
>>
>>4141852
>NES library full of generic shovelware
The NES was also full of games that were frustrating and awful. Many of the games were impossible to beat to the point where you needed a game genie.

>>4141854
I'm pretty sure he isn't a Sega fanboy since he kept misspelling Sonic. Also there's no reason to get mad at him for criticizing the NES library.
>>
>>4141935
>It's not bait actually
Well, let me educate you, then: If you say "this [popular console that has many classic games] only has generic shovelware", then it acts as bait, it will attract console war shitposters, like flies to shit.
>just that I think the SMS is better than the NES.
You didn't say that you simply prefer SMS to NES, you said that NES is just generic shovelware, that's the difference.
>Because you're acting like one
Where? I didn't reply to defend Nintendo or the NES, I replied to point out your console war shitposting habit, which is why Master System threads can't be good. It's almost as if it offended you that Nintendo fanboys weren't already shitposting here, so you're calling them to come and engage in silly console wars with you. If I was a console warrior, I'd also say "all SMS games are shit" but I don't because I like the SMS as well. My whole point is that it's your attitude what makes SMS threads fail on this board, you are calling for the Nintendo fanboys to come and shitpost freely, you're giving them the chance.
>We can have a good thread without babies like yourself getting upset over opinions. Don't like it? Then get lost.
I don't think we can't have good threads with fanboys like you, who need to constantly make console war shitposts. Why the need to mention the NES in the first place? You complain about Nintendo fanboys, but you were the first one to mention Nintendo here. Also, haha, I'm not going anywhere, fanboy. It's not about "liking" your hot opinions or not, it's about calling you out.
>Are you seriously implying the NES doesn't have more shitty games overall than the SMS does? Because you'd be wrong.
See? you're interested on console war faggotry. It's clear that you don't really want a SMS thread, you want a SMS vs NES thread. And chances are, you will be outnumbered by NESfags.
>>
>>4141951
>I'm pretty sure he isn't a Sega fanboy since he kept misspelling Sonic
Actually, by spelling it "Sanic" it probably means he's part of the ironic meme Sonic fanbase, the kind that posts "sanic" memes on twitter and such.
>>
>>4141951
>Many of the games were impossible to beat to the point where you needed a game genie.
So you were bad?
>>
>>4141939
I am in a similar boat, but I kept my SMS and bought another set to get the 3d games, then resold the games I didn't like... which was a lot of them. I just didn't have space for it.

I don't know if my dad read a bunch of reviews to get good games, or what, but the very few games I did have were some of the best on the console: Altered Beast, Aztec Adventure, and Rescue Mission. The system had hang on and safari hunt on it too.

As a kid I always wanted more alex kidd games.
>>
>>4141938
Sega's first console wasn't even released in the US.
>>
>>4141820
this one's easy -- Nintendo had a several year head start in Japan, since the Famicom caught Sega with their pants down (the Famicom is better than the SG-1000 in just about every single way -- the SG-1000 was basically a ColecoVision clone with a better CPU, no BIOS, and IIRC more RAM, which would have been totally fine (other than the hilariously miserable 4 monochrome sprites per line limit) without the drastically better Famicom on the market).
Sega then went and developed a machine that could actually compete... but that was way too late, and so basically no one but a handful of Europeans that were into console gaming and a bunch of hues bought the SMS.

>>4141838
very informative

>>4141852
you're more likely to get a good game on SMS just because the NES attracted shovelware like flies to old meat, but the NES had scores of good games
I've done the whole "load a random SMS game up, play" thing before. It's fucking awful (it's so much worse on NES, but it's also easier to list good, or at least okayish NES shit).

honestly, it's fucking awful even on machines with fairly good libraries like the SNES or Genesis
unless you're lucky or the library is absolutely tiny (eg, 32X, SG-1000, Neo Geo Pocket Color), it'll take some time to get something good

>>4141916
SMS R-Type is a great port of a great game.
sure, there's better versions, even better /vr/-era home ports, like on TG-16 or PS1, but I still have some fondness for the SMS version
>>
>>4141956
No. The games were impossible to beat. Try beating Double Dragon 3 without dying. Or how about that Ghostbusters game? Like I said, impossible without a game genie.
>>
File: image.png (12KB, 618x428px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
12KB, 618x428px
Better double dragon than nes.
>>
>>4141996
Yeah, the NES port of Ghostbusters was awful. Probably the worst port of that game.
>>
>>4141921
Banana is an underrated title.
>>
>>4141870

for NES I got Wheres Waldo.
for SMS it gave me Asterix.
>>
File: tomandjerry.jpg (197KB, 800x1124px) Image search: [Google]
tomandjerry.jpg
197KB, 800x1124px
this game is underated af and maybe the best game adaptation of the classic cartoon cat and mouse
>>
>>4141928
Psycho Fox is like playing a very cute cartoon with a wide world and decent difficulty. Also it doesn't feel like the other platformers.

>>4142310
I loved it fondly when I was a child, but just watched a YouTube video after reading your post and it aged badly.
>>
>>4141794
>Why is the Master System so underappreciated on /VR/ compared to the NES?

>Inferior sound (only 1/6 of games had FM sound and the hardware for it was never released outside of Japan).
>Inferior controller (mushy D-pad, no start or select)
>Inferior composite video quality (just like the Genesis)
>Library totally dwarfed by the NES (therefore proportionately fewer 4 and 5 star games).

Gee, I wonder why.
>>
When young time.
I had Famicom PCengine Megadrive GB GG.
but The most I play was Famicom.
Ever graphic and sound was crap then other but Kid still love graphic,music design and gameplay design of Famicom 's game then.
>>
>>4142310
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiEPWoBycnk
>>
>>4142006
better renegade too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEWA40W6bTE
>>
File: Winter Olympics.jpg (213KB, 1122x717px) Image search: [Google]
Winter Olympics.jpg
213KB, 1122x717px
>>4142310
i loved it too.

also pic related was a lot of fun and had a nice ost
>>
>>4141794
>Why is the Master System so underappreciated on /vr/?

/vr/ has a usa majority, and the master system sold 2 units total in the usa.

If we had european and australian majority, the master system would be plenty popular.
>>
>>4142438
Why would anyone use composite in the first place?
>>
>>4143062
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vZZbbKnbT-w
>>
File: image.gif (8KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
8KB, 256x192px
I love that cat thing
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 960x720px
>>4143119
Boopity.
>>
File: image.png (10KB, 524x415px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
10KB, 524x415px
>>4143125
>>
File: Clipboard01.jpg (8KB, 450x148px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.jpg
8KB, 450x148px
>>4141870
>caricature of capitalism: the game
sure
>>
File: image.png (9KB, 506x399px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
9KB, 506x399px
>>4143146
More of a platformer.
>>
>>4141916
Even forgotten worlds?
I like this one more than MD's version.
>>
File: image.png (5KB, 245x193px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
5KB, 245x193px
>>4143149
>>4143149
>>
File: image.png (8KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
8KB, 320x240px
>>4143162
Yeah
>>
>>4141870
For NES:
Go Go Nekketsu Hockey Club

For SMS:
Buggy Run

I know neither of these.
>>
>>4143083
>If we had european and australian majority,

uk and australia maybe, don't lump the whole Europe.
I'm from Germany and I grew up with a Commodore 64 and a NES, and so did many other friends I knew. Didn't know anyone with a Master System, that's more of a britbong thing (or brazilians).
NES wasn't as popular here as in Japan or USA, but neither was the Master System.
>>
>>4141819
Myabe South Asia, in South America the Master System only sell well in Brazil and Argentina. The rest of the sub-continent was plenty of Nintendo and Famiclones.

>t. chilean
>>
File: familycLXFwASl.jpg (93KB, 502x640px) Image search: [Google]
familycLXFwASl.jpg
93KB, 502x640px
>>4143251
Argie here, Master System wasn't popular here at all, Famiclones were all the rage.
And from I've heard from Brazilians, Master System wasn't THAT popular as most people believe, it's just that in the late 90s and then during the 2000s, TecToy was still releasing Master System, but back in the early 90s, Famiclones were also the most popular console in Brazil as well.
>>
>>4143254
>Master System wasn't THAT popular as most people believe, it's just that in the late 90s and then during the 2000s, TecToy was still releasing Master System, but back in the early 90s, Famiclones were also the most popular console in Brazil as well.
This.
>>
>>4141794
Because Master System is only for the Master Race.
>>
>>4144574
Yeah, it emulates well on PC, no need to buy one.
Then again, no games.
>>
>>4144726
>Yeah, it emulates well on PC, no need to buy one.
Eh. I'm getting inaccurate audio with Dragon's Trap using the fm sound in Kega Fusion. Is there a better emu for Master System?
>>
The master system is fucking expensive and a lot of it's library is like a poor man's Genesis

>>4143098
Idk maybe because it's the only thing the console fucking outputs and most people don't want to mod? Let alone for something their crt probably doesn't have.
>>
File: 1479457486810.gif (2MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1479457486810.gif
2MB, 200x150px
>>4141838
>>
It still boggles my mind that Australia-kun has a hateboner for the Game Gear even though you can patch its games to play on a Master System, giving you an even bigger library.
>>
File: 808547699[1].jpg (65KB, 566x419px) Image search: [Google]
808547699[1].jpg
65KB, 566x419px
>>4141794
None of us grew up with it

At least in the US

I don't think I even ever saw a console in a store, I never saw the games until a lot of retro shops started stocking them

Nobody in my school that I knew owned one (though I did know a kid that owned a TurboGrafx, also very rare)

Honestly I wasn't even aware of its existence until 2004 or so

I knew a little about the TurboGrafx back in the day, and saw a couple of systems in a pawn shop once, but I never saw a Master System, not even in a pawn shop.

Around here in the US all we knew was Nintendo, and then Sega (the Genesis) once that was released.
>>
>>4144910
>Idk maybe because it's the only thing the console fucking outputs
There is maybe one decent console, the Nes, that outputs composite at best.
>>
My first console was SMS2, I remember my whole family going to target and buying one for $99 with 4 games

Outrun Europa and Wonderboy are still my favourite 8bit games

Didnt get a NES until i was 13, $30 at a yard sale, it was boxed and came with 10 games injcluding zelda and all 3 mario's

I stupidly sold both consoles for $20 each at my own yard sale so i could buy a guitar.
>>
>>4145081
you have to mod to access it, and then spend more money than you probably spent on the crt to connect it because nothing has RGB
>>
>>4142389
>it aged
>>
>>4145087
Which consoles do you have to mod to use RGB? I already mentioned the Nes. Every TV I've owned as had RGB SCART ports.
>>
>>4145205
Turbografx/PC Engine
3DO
N64
Master System 2
anything from 2nd gen
>>
>>4145215
>Turbografx/PC Engine
Very limited released outside of Japan and NA, so that makes sense.
>3DO
>N64
I said decent.
>Master System 2
Can't even do composite without a mod.
>anything from 2nd gen
I said decent.
>>
>>4145219
Genesis
>>
>>4145261
The Mega Drive/Genesis can do RGB without modification.
>>
It was ok.
Wish Capcom made games for it.
>>
>>4145292
Forgotten Worlds was ported to Master System. Though, Capcom didn't handle the port as far as I know.
>>
>>4145087
Not sure if it's funny or sad how dumb baby burgers can be.
>>
>>4145219
>I said decent
Look at this millennial faggot who can't appreciate 2nd gen.
Sometimes I wonder why these kind of people come to /vr/. For console wars there's already /v/, which is faster and has more shitposters.
>>
>>4145487
Most 2nd gen consoles weren't even released in my country. We used computers instead.
>>
>>4145495
Who cares about your personal experience?
>>>/v/
Go there if you want to shitpost
>>
>>4145498
Why would anyone care about underpowered consoles full of American games when they had access to far superior computers?
>>
>>4145504
Coleco Vision had a lot of japanese games, and much better versions than on your "far superior" computers.
And again, in case your little brain didn't get it: Your personal history with video games is completely irrelevant, especially if you dismiss 2nd gen.
>>>/v/
Go shitpost pc vs consoles there
>>
>>4145507
>pc
underage detected
>>
>>4145509
>shitposts against 2nd gen
>calls others underage

The irony, man, the irony.
Do you prefer me to call them micro computers? Doesn't matter, they were all shit: your childhood was shit.
>>
>>4145515
Not as shit as 2nd gen consoles, kid.
>>
>>4145519
Yeah, way worse.
I bet you were playing in monochrome too.
Not to mention the awful games made by nerdy teenagers after school instead of professional programmers and game designers.
What a shit childhood.
>>
>>4145536
This is why nobody likes American games, too corporatised and sterile. No wonder you made a few thousand versions of Pong. You still do it today, too, with annual sports games and the like.
>>
>>4145547
Yeah man, I hate those pesky American games like Pac-Man and Elevator Action.
Get over it, you grew up playing amateur games and that's why you have bad taste in games today. You could be nicer about it though, e.g: don't shitpost, or go shitpost on /v/.
>>
>>4145552
Simply epic.
>>
Nintendo grabbed the market at a point when nobody dared touch it and locked all devs into draconian development contracts. The SMS/MarkIII didn't stand a chance.

But Sega tried really damn hard and we got some brilliant games out of it. It really wasn't their fault that it didn't perform better. Though having a pause button on the controller might've helped.
>>
>>4145570
>draconian
Yamauchi was a japanese Oni, nothing to do with greeks
>>
>>4145570
only in merica
>>
>>4145618
What about Japan? Sega's consoles weren't as successful as their arcades, Mega Drive wasn't either.
NEC didn't have any issues imposing as a rival for Nintendo there, at least during the late Famicom/early SFC days.
>>
>>4141794
it has a lot of eurotrash and crappy downgraded genesis ports (golden axe, Streets of rage 2, gunstar heroes, etc)

it's best game was Wonder Boy III, which received a superior port on the Turbografx with 60 fps and battery save
>>
>>4141820
because master system really didn't have many arcade ports, let alone good ones
>>
>>4145696
Counter upboat
>>
>>4145718
Shit wrong thread. Mods delete this pls
>>
>>4145696
Its best game was Phantasy Star, which also happened to be the best 8-bit JRPG
>>
>>4145728
It has impressive first-person dungeon crawling for the time, but it's not the best 8-bit JRPG in terms of design.
>>
>>4141870
Your NES game is

Dragon Ball Z Gaiden Plan to Eliminate the Saiyans

Your Master System game is

Double Hawk

Ive never even heard of double hawk and i actually like those DBZ games on the famicom. Double hawk looked kinda cool though, I can at least thank this thread for teaching me about a new game
>>
>>4141916
you hated rastan? the level design is completely different from the arcade too
>>
>>4141870

Master System Game:
Earthworm Jim (I didn't know that series was that old)

Nes game:
Kid Icarus
>>
>>4141794
Spellcaster, R-type, Astro Warrior and BAKU BAKU animal are Master System games that never came to the NES.
>>
>>4146047
I'll never understand why the Baku Baku port to Windows was a port of the Master System version instead of the Arcade/Saturn version.
Thread posts: 114
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.