[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I use a modded wii without a wiimote? Hate those things.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

Can I use a modded wii without a wiimote? Hate those things.
>>
File: 802563b-1.jpg (4KB, 220x145px) Image search: [Google]
802563b-1.jpg
4KB, 220x145px
I'm currently using one of these
>>
Wii Classic controller
Gamecube controller
<system of your choice> to Gamecube controller adaptor
>>
A classic controller will let you fully control the wii menu without a sensor bar.

You could hack it to automatically boot to the homebrew channel or a USB Loader and use a Gamecube controller to control those menus.
>>
>>4140945
>Hate those things.
desu they serve nice as nes controllers
>>
I also find this circumstance extremely annoying.

The procedure goes:
Start wii, search for wiimote, find wiimote, batteries are dead again (only from using it to select the gamecube channel), swap batteries, select channel, take batteries out to make wiimote switch off so it does not waste even more battery charge (why does it not switch off by itself?), put ugly wiimote out of sight.

Fuck this shit, why didn't they just let you navigate using the GC controller? Is there really no homebrew to fix this?
>>
>>4141027
Exactly. Is there any way to get the wii to boot straight into something?
>>
>>4141027
Homebrew would rather just skip to the homebrew channel.
>>
>>4141027

Yes there is. Install Priiloader, make it autoboot into Priiloader, then select the option that lets you launch from disc (fuck if I remember what it is). You can do all of this with your Gamecube controller.

> take batteries out to make wiimote switch off so it does not waste even more battery charge (why does it not switch off by itself?)

You're a fucking retard. The Wiimote turns off as soon as the Wii enters Gamecube mode.
>>
>>4141035
Yes, Priiloader can be set to boot straight to HBC. Everyone should install Priiloader period because it serves as sort of a bootstrap from which you can unfuckerate your Wii if you ever fuckerate it by running a VC Wad from the wrong region or shit like that.
>>
>>4140945
personally I boot into priiloader, which lets me load whatever channel or homebrew application from there with the GC controller port. I don't need the system menu for anything. It's also decently faster than booting into HBC or one of those ugly and bloated usb loaders.
>>
>>4141038
I'm not him but I have two Wiis, and both of them have the same odd remote behavior in Nintendont. They will stay on and kill themselves. All four battery lights stay lit so that you can use a CC instead of gamecube for playing, I wouldn't ever want to do that though.
>>
>>4140945
>>4140954
I use a ps2 adapter.
>>
>>4141020

Especially for emulating games on other consoles that support bluetooth.
>>
Wondering this as well.

I'm currently using a Classic Controller Pro

Wii Remotes are faster though.
>>
>>4141519
Nintendont isn't proper GC mode. You'd think that behavior would be configurable though
>>
OP, the answer to your question is yes.

My modded Wii boots straight to Wiiflow. No Wiimote needed. If I feel like it, I can make it bot straight to USBLoaderGX, but I think Wiiflow looks prettier.

I think you need Priiloader, and some kind of forwarder for your USB loader of choice
>>
>>4142336
My Wii Remotes are totally dead and have been for years, otherwise I'd test if Native Control makes them shut off properly.
>>
You have to have a wiimote to plug a classic controller/pro into, but you can use the controller to control everything.
>>
>>4140945
Easily, just use Bootmii or Priiloader to boot straight into the Homebrew Channel or the homebrew application of your choice.
You can't use the Gamecube controller in the Wii menu, but you can use it in something like USB Loader GX which replaces just about all the functionality you need.
>>
>>4140945
Marios hand is way too long
>>
Why is this thread on /vr/
>>
>>4140954
That still has to plug into the Wiimote, so you're stuck with the awful wireless and stupid sensor. If it was a plain old USB controller it would be fine. As it stands it is far from acceptable.
>>
>>4147569
The "sensor" bar is actually an emitter that's only used for positional purposes. You don't need one to use a classic controller.
>>
Here's the exact process everyone's mentioning:

1) Install Priiloader from HBC
2) Reboot, hold the reset button
3) In Priiloader, select 'Load Installed file'. Navigate to and select the boot.dol of your loader of choice (Wiiflow/USBGX/Postloader)
4) When finished, go to settings and change Autoboot to 'Installed file' and 'Return to' to Autoboot.

There you go, it'll boot/reset straight into the loader and you never have to use a Wiimote again.
>>
>>4146068

There's always more Wii discussion here than anywhere else due to its ability to play retro games at 240p. It's second only to a dedicated PC for that purpose.
>>
File: QuestionCat.gif (83KB, 371x388px) Image search: [Google]
QuestionCat.gif
83KB, 371x388px
>>4147639
How do I make it boot straight into the Homebrew channel and how do I launch a Gamecube or Wii game in the physical drive from there?
>>
>>4147686
You might want to use BootMii as a small fast inbetween
>>
>>4147686
some loaders let you boot from drive, USB loader gx does this
>>
>>4147686

I know USB Loader GX and Postloader have a "Launch disc" button, not sure if Wiiflow does. You're not gonna do it from HBC though I'm afraid.
>>
Anyone with retro consoles and a wii can chime in on Virtual Consoles accuracy? I've heard PC Engine emulation is really good, but since i never owned one i dont actually know how accurate it is.
>>
>>4147704
>You might want to use BootMii as a small fast inbetween
why not Priiloader? What's the difference?

>>4147776
>>4147930
So I looked it up and apparently Gecko OS will let me start games from disc and is able to use the GC controller for navigation. It does other things too, but I don't need those.

Now the only thing missing is: How do I launch VC games/their channels from the HBC?
>>
>>4147639
I don't get why I can't get Multiboot manager to boot on startup. Had it working before, but now it never works.

>Install Priiloader from HBC
I don't get what you mean, but when I launch it via HBC my wii just stays at a black screen.
>>
>>4148241

It's an installer, you just run it once through HBC and then it's accessible anytime by holding reset during boot. You might want to re-download it from a different source though, you should see more than a black screen.
>>
>>4148274
I guess I should try a different priiloader version then? Or maybe hold reset during boot to see if anything happens?
>>
I'm just going to assume this double as a modded Wii general, so does anyone know how to make Not64 and WIISXR do 240p? I don't really mind the flicker with 480i too much, but playing in 240p is much preferable.
>>
File: 61-9VB60z+L._SL1000_.jpg (107KB, 1000x895px) Image search: [Google]
61-9VB60z+L._SL1000_.jpg
107KB, 1000x895px
>>4141519

These things are great for Nintendont
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.