[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Y's 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 9

Just started Y's III the other day. So far so good but the difficulty is quite high in my opinion. I found two spots where I can just stand and hold the attack button and after a few minutes I will level up, so I abused that and now I'm Level 9 in the second dungeon.

What are your opinions on this game/series ?
I also checked a FAQ for controls and saw that The maximum level is 16

The Final Boss of the first Dungeon was insanely difficult until I figured out how to use the Herb and the Power Ring and even then I left with about 10hp. Is the rest of the game this difficult?
>>
>>4140921
It gets even harder. Better just play Oath in Felghana instead.
>>
>>4140925
This. Felghana is great.
>>
>>4140934
>>4140925
Well I just googled it and it looks amazing but I don't have an urge to play it on my PC or get a PSP to play it. I've been trying to play more of my SNES games and got an SD2SNES about a year ago. I have always heard good things about Y's and figured Y's 3 was a good place to start.

It's kind of weird how fast the game plays. Like the music sounds quite uptempo and the background animations at the entrance to the second dungeon go very fast.
>>
File: 0vHvbyM_d.jpg (122KB, 640x511px) Image search: [Google]
0vHvbyM_d.jpg
122KB, 640x511px
>>4140921
>Y's
>>
File: イース3.jpg (43KB, 600x476px) Image search: [Google]
イース3.jpg
43KB, 600x476px
>>4140949
>>
File: ease.jpg (736KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
ease.jpg
736KB, 2592x1944px
>>4140921
That SNES version was the very first Ys game I played because I so desperately wanted to play the TurboDuo ones based on all the sweet screenshots in EGM coverage. When I finally got the Duo, and play the Ys games it was bliss.

I too abused the spots where I can hold down a button and walk away. It was still fun enough for me. Playing through the PCE games made me a lifelong fan of the series. If I wasn't so poor, I'd get one of those new consoles to play the latest, as I am still hyped for it and jealous of those playing it right now:
https://youtu.be/93BjWhCdBZc

I actually think the games are fun when they are a bit challenging.
>>
>>4141049
Noice
>>
>>4140921
Ys III is badly made in a lot of ways, but somehow I still find it appealing.

>>4140934
Felghana may well be the most-improved remake of all time.
>>
>>4142615
>>4140934
>>4140934
>>4140925
Shit music
>>
File: anime question mark.png (78KB, 282x300px) Image search: [Google]
anime question mark.png
78KB, 282x300px
>>4142661
>>
>>4142671
worst rendition of the 3's music
>>
File: yagami pinching hayate.jpg (82KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
yagami pinching hayate.jpg
82KB, 1280x720px
>>4142682
maybe, but it sure isn't what I'd call shit music
>>
>>4142615
Minstrel Song exists and is a straight upgrade over the original in every single way. Felghana's OST is great but it's not a straight improvement over the TCD audio by any means.
>>
>>4142690
MS has fucked up character designs and a bad artstyle.
>>
This game is fucking garbage. Play oath.
>>
Oath babies should leave
>>
>Sammy
Is that the same Sammy that later acquired Sega?
>>
>>4147112
Sure is.
>>
>>4140921
It's a cakewalk until the final stage. If you struggle with anything before that other than the necessary patience to grind in a few places just give up because the end will stretch you until you break.
>>
>>4140921
>>4140949
I unironically like this artwork over the Jap originals.
>>
File: brandish3renewal.jpg (177KB, 985x1291px) Image search: [Google]
brandish3renewal.jpg
177KB, 985x1291px
Brandish here! Ys a shit!
>>
File: Fj528gz_d.jpg (38KB, 550x278px) Image search: [Google]
Fj528gz_d.jpg
38KB, 550x278px
If you're playing the SNES version of Ys 3, do yourself a favor and switch over to the PCE or Genesis version instead. The SNES version has tons of issues with hitboxes, it feels extremely off if you've played the other versions.
>>
>>4140947
I hope you're enjoying the SNES Ys3. That one deviates from most of the series by being a side-scrolling action-RPG kind of game like Zelda 2: The Adventures of Link (which is also great despite being different from most of the series). The music to 3 is really good, and I especially like the mixes on PCE/TG16 over the others. To me a great portion of the joy in the series was the music.

>>4141239
Thanks, I forgot to include the first Eternal in that image and placed Zwei!! in there instead. Falcom did give some pretty cool stuff with their games (both packaged and bonus stuff they toss with the games).
>>
But 3 isn't particulary hard, 1 and 2 have way tougher fights. Maybe you're just bad with sidescrollers? That or SNES is just a really shitty port, didn't personally try it myself.
>>
>>4140921
>Y's
>>
>>4140921
Yes, the rest of the game is even harder, if you don't overlevel it.

YS 3 just feels like a worse and clunkier version of Zelda 2. It just runs way too fast and having to get so close to enemies to hit them usually ends up in you taking damage unless you kill the enemy in one hit.

The music is fucking great though.

>>4147923
Yeah, this too. I grew up with the SNES version and then later played the Gen/TCD versions...they have much better hitboxes and hit detection in general.

The SNES version is just all-around worse than the other 16 bit versions, but it does have those nice animated cutscenes at the beginning, for what they're worth.
>>
>>4149242
Bullshit I beat Ys 1 and 2 on Nightmare and hard sidescrollers like Ghost'n Goblins and Castlevania 3 without cheating but I couldn't finish Ys 3 even with savestate abuse.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.