[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your stance on edutainment games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: Basic Math.jpg (67KB, 600x812px)
Basic Math.jpg
67KB, 600x812px
What's your stance on edutainment games?
>>
is typing of the dead an educational game?
>>
>>4138623
It encourages faster typing so yes
>>
>>4138616
They're rarely educational, and rarely fun. Therefore, they're worthless.
>>
>>4138658
great, I like that one
>>
>>4138623
it is the best educational game
>>
we number munchers now?
>>
>>4138616
The only edutainment games I have have played that even remotely approached fun was mario's missing for the SNES, and dr brain's castle for dos.
>>
>>4138623

got me up to like 100 wpm so yeah
>>
They are actual kiddy games.
>>
>>4138616
~All games are educational games~
>>
File: 611CTXMT7JL.jpg (67KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
611CTXMT7JL.jpg
67KB, 400x500px
The Cluefinders were legit.
>>
>>4138616
Someone should hack dk jr math and make the player solve derivatives and integrals. Sure would make it funner and easier to remember all of these damn things.
>>
>>4138616
I did enjoy them. I remember there was this mickey mouse game where you'd fill in phrases and mickey would do it, supposedly it taught you english.

Mario teaches typing helped me get better at typing somewhat.

I learned that the biggest rodent is a Capivara from carmen san diego.

And a lot of stereotypes from Pink Panther's passport to peril.
>>
File: carmensd.jpg (7KB, 200x209px) Image search: [Google]
carmensd.jpg
7KB, 200x209px
>>4138616
>tips fedora
I played teh shit out of Carmen Sandiego
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdgZlmGxSOI
>>
I liked the ones involving puzzles
>>
>>4138616
I recall enjoying a couple back in the late 90's on early 90's PCs. One i remember specifical was where you had to climb a mountain by solving simple math questions, the questions for harder the further up you went. No idea what the name was.
>>
>>4138616
no game can replace actual practice
>>
>>4138616
Better than our public educational system
>>
File: super-solvers-gizmos-gadgets_1.gif (35KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
super-solvers-gizmos-gadgets_1.gif
35KB, 640x400px
GOAT
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
Troggle Trouble- that good shit
>>
Anything to get out of doing actual school work
>>
>>4139842
Treasure Mountain?
>>
File: Zoombinis.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Zoombinis.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>>4138616

They're very rarely done well, but the ones that are can be amazing.

Logical Journey of the Zoombinis (look it up, it's on Steam now) was a game of my childhood, from a now-defunct software studio. The game encourages the development of multiple types of logical thinking while also presenting quite a few interesting and quirky yet tricky puzzles, as well as a story narrative.
>>
Magic School Bus on Windows was decent.... okay no, it wasn't good, but I loved MSB as a kid. I wish it got a better game that wasn't edutainment.
>>
>>4138623
My favorite kind.
>>
>>4139658
These were fun, I wanted to rape some of the kids. I found them too fucking easy, though.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.